Vanilla Rooibos Parfait

Herbal Rooibos Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Debbie

• “I picked up a tin of this at Starbucks as I was getting some coffee beans. I am looking for some low/no caffeine teas for evenings (my poor husband was up ALL night the evening we had the Tiger -...” Read full tasting note
    JacquelineM 1112 tasting notes
  • “Sipdown no. 12 for the year 2014, and my 550th tasting note. :-) This is a fitting blend for it, as it was really the first "tea" that I felt I'd been successful in steeping (i.e., it had...” Read full tasting note
    __Morgana__ 937 tasting notes
  • “Came home from the anime convention, brewed up this, and put my feet up. It was a ton of fun. We went to some good panels, and I bought some beautiful art. My favorite part was all the talented...” Read full tasting note
    Rosehips 678 tasting notes
  • “My illness has left me home for the whole day. I'm a busy body and very restless today. But, I get up to do something and then I get exhausted. So, I spent 30 minutes hunting through boxes for a...” Read full tasting note
    BoxerMama 171 tasting notes

From Tazo

Creamy African rooibos felt a bit overdressed for the reunion but quickly blended in with the sweet notes of peaches and the mild tartness of apples. Cinnamon, Tahitian vanilla and blackberry leaves reminisced, exchanged email addresses and promised to always stay sweet.

ROOIBOS, LICORICE ROOT, BLACKBERRY LEAVES, CINNAMON, APPLE PIECES, PEACH PIECES, VANILLA EXTRACT, CHAMOMILE FLOWERS.

Use one heaping teaspoon of loose leaves per 8 fl oz of 215° water.
Let it steep for 5 minutes and wait for perfection.

About Tazo View company

This is my absolute favorite tea right now. Rather than paying $3 to $4 dollars for it at Starbucks, I bought the tin of the Tazo Vanilla Rooibos tea from Starbucks.com [only some stores have them]. I like mine with Vanilla Soymilk. I heat up the soymilk and then let the tea steep the entire time actually. It is sweet enough on it’s own but sometimes I’ll add some delicious Manuka Honey which is really good for you. One word, divine! It’s my 3 o’clock pick me up delight. You won’t even miss the caffeine!

I love that I can just leave the tea bag in and it never gets bitter. The licorice builds and is very soothing on the throat, and combined with the Rooibos, doesn’t need a lick of honey. I’m surprised how much I love this tea, as it took me ages to try because I found the smell too heady. I really look forward to drinking this before bed.

tried this at starbucks this morning – quite tasty. taste not so much of vanilla but of fruit. i am used to my vanilla rooibos from upton, and this is different. I like it but i wasn’t expecting the fruit-iness. sometimes you don’t want the fruit taste, you just want vanilla.

Great, strong flavor. Definitely taste the vanilla with a hint of peach and cinnamon. Enjoyed this hot. Haven’t bought for home steeping, but adding to list.

175 °F / 79 °C

It’s Like drinking Vanilla Extract, Way sweet.

I like rooibos teas. This was absolutely appalling. No love for chemical dreck, Tazo.

Picking up a very synthetic flavor. The tea is almost sweetened. The flavoring totally overpowers the rooibos taste.

I didn’t finish this one. I think it smells a lot like fancy pipe tobacco.

I wouldn’t expect it from Tazo, but this was a pretty good rooibos. Vanilla was nice, and the portions in the bag are huge. It makes it nice and strong.

For a serving suggestion, get a bunch of these from a friend who works at Starbucks (they throw these bags out if they’re not used, so ask them to save them for you) and use the bags as a blend to any of your usual teas. It really helps make bitter – but essential – teas go down without too much sweetener.