Wild Sweet Orange

Fruit Herbal Blend
Blackberry Leaves, Citric Acid, Ginger Root, Hibiscus Flowers, Lemongrass, Licorice Root, Orange Peel, Rose Hips, Rose Petals, Spearmint
Licorice, Orange, Sour, Sweet, Tart, Citrus, Orange Zest, Lemon Zest, Tannin
Tea Bag
Edit tea info Last updated by AmberShrugged

From Tazo

—Herbal Infusion
A juicy blend of lemongrass, citrus, herbs, licorice root, & Orange essences.

Hand blended in small batches, Tazo Tea delivers a steaming brew unlike anything you’ve ever tasted. A lively blend of sweet citrus, herbs and orange essences, Tazo® Wild Sweet Orange combines European blackberry leaves with lemongrass from Guatemala, spearmint from the Pacific Northwest and the spicy taste of ginger. Natural orange essence imparts the taste of a fresh-picked orange. The flavor is, as its name suggests, a bit wild and sweet. Caffeine free.

Ingredients: Lemongrass, blackberry leaves, citric acid, rose hips, spearmint, natural flavors, orange peel, safflower, hibiscus flowers, rose petals, natural orange essence, ginger and licorice.

About Tazo View company

Wow there’s a lot of haters for this one. I liked it a lot, but then, I nurse a violent passion for citrus fruit. It’s violent in that I abhor orange-flavoured anything because they don’t taste like oranges etc. But this tea tasted like an orange should, except for the strange unnatural sweetness. Still, the label should have been warning enough. Caveat emptor

Visually the tea is stunning, absolutely orange. I have never seen potable fluid this shade of clear orange. I don’t see the point behind adding all this other peripheral stuff like spearmint into the blend because I cannot taste it behind CITRUS and maybe just a little bit of rosehip. It smells great. I imagine it might be very popular in times of cold, flu, sinusitis.

I drank this in accompaniment with a piece of chocolate fudge cake, and that was a great decision.

I drink it with pizza! So there you go: subtle, no. The orange really is over the top, and the liquorice is actually pronounced to the degree it lingers on the tongue. Not re-steepable, incidentally. But good with pizza.

Iced 2 min, 30 sec
katers

Y’know, I love that you said that. I had pizza for breakfast and I like drinking tea for a caffeine kick without the coffee, but I can’t drink tea with pizza. Pizza is like one of my food markers on the drink-o-meter. I have to have a mucho strong flavored drink with pizza or it all tastes wrong. I’m just glad someone else uses pizza on their drink meter.

Maureen

Right. I like to keep a couple of hot drinks that match pizza on the bench for the cold months!

I should have looked at the reviews before picking up this tea. Wild Sweet Orange. it sounded devine. Then I opened the bag. MMMM It smelled really orangey. I thought this would make a nice tea. Brewed it up. Man, is it ever tart. Crap, I couldn’t even drink it. Added some xylitol to it and it toned down the tartness. Still not the best tasting but it will do.

Boiling

I liked this tea and I didn’t like it.. if that makes sense. It was a little too tart for me. It’s definitely not a tea that I would drink everyday.

So my throat is sore today, and I’m chugging tea and gargling Listerine in hopes that I’m only coming down with a light winter cold. Despite the low ratings that this tea gets, it’s really great for under-the-weather days. Citric acid makes this tea a bit (erh, quite a bit actually) on the antioxidant/vitamin/lemony side, so it’s definitely not something you’d want to drink in the evening or put milk in. It’s sour, yeah, but it’s made my throat feel better. It tastes horrible with honey, but it really works well to ease cold symptoms.

I would actually suggest not drinking this tea every day, as it’s probably quite acidic and may negatively affect dental health. I actually get heartburn from it if I don’t eat something afterward. Despite that, it’s a really easy cold treatment that doesn’t involve pharmacies or NyQuil.

Holy mackerel, this is strong! The citrus is really tart and astringent— enough to make your mouth pucker and your throat dry. After reading the other reviews for this, I saw someone mention cold-steeping it, so I tried that. It wasn’t too bad. I wouldn’t recommend this one; if you happen to have some on your hands, though, try cold-steeping one tea bag for 5-10 minutes to flavour a water bottle.

I read the reviews for this tea and had a good laugh and thought to myself, “it can’t be THAT bad can it?” For a tea that was this unanimously disliked, I should have trusted my fellow steepsters. After drinking a cup I felt almost ashamed of myself for trying it. Tartness and citrus to the max. I reviewed Tazo’s passion fruit tea last week and thought that was too sour. If you’re into this kind of taste, be my guest but be cautious and make sure to read all the reviews to get a better idea of what you’re buying.

No. Just, no.

CHAroma

Hahahahahahaaahaaaa!!! What a great tasting note. ;)

I found a bag of this at my house…honestly I have no idea where it came from! I think I can say that this was the worst cup of tea that has ever touched my lips. I was thinking, pretty orange package, wild sweet orange..how bad can it be? Well…pretty bad. I didn’t even find the hibiscus that bad, it was the overwhelming licorice-y taste that it left behind. Holy grossness. It might be the last ingredient listed, but it was pretty much all I could taste. Forget the “fresh picked orange taste”. So disappointing. Needless to say, this ended up down the drain.

(Guest post from my mom!)

Wondering how to get your family to stop drinking soft drinks? Give them a tastier alternative! TAZO Wild Sweet Orange Tea is a potent weapon.

As addicted as Emily (aka The Crazy Tea Chick) and I are to Tazo Wild Sweet Orange Tea, we’ve no doubt written about it before on the tea blog. Truth be told, we aren’t the only ones with this sweet addiction, the rest of our family is as hooked on it as we are.

The only problem is, it has become increasingly difficult to find this particular tea in stores. I used to buy it regularly at Kroger and Target, as well as in individual Starbucks stores. However, now it’s kind of like finding Waldo’s great uncle, the Invisible Man.

Enter Amazon! Amazon is the best kind of store, the kind that never closes and almost never runs out of anything. What’s more, they bring the goodies right to your door. Have I told you lately how much love I have for Amazon. If not, I’m telling you now. The love has actually grown even deeper because they are now my number one source for this incredible tea.

If you’re trying to switch from soft drinks and diet soft drinks to healthier drinks such as tea… or if you’re trying to get a loved one to make the healthy switch… your secret weapon is going to be fun, delicious, and addictive flavors of tea – especially with young people. If you want them to put down the cans of soft drinks which do NOTHING for them health-wise and pick up drinks that actually make them healthier, you’d better be prepared to give them drinks they’ll keep coming back for.

On ice or off ice, Tazo Wild Sweet Orange and Tazo Passion Tea are delicious and fun enough to make even the biggest soda drinker see the error of his/her ways. Take it from a gal with a STRONG Diet Dr. Pepper fixation! It’s teas like these two that have helped me make one of the healthiest transitions I’ve ever made.