Tazo Chai Tea Concentrate

Chai Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Loren

• “It's 3 in the morning and I am mildly lactose intolerant, so I have no clue why I am drinking something with both milk and caffeine. Well, I do know--I saw it in the fridge, realized I hadn't...” Read full tasting note
    Alphakitty 470 tasting notes
  • “I'm having a cold cup of this after walking in the puppy park on this fine -10C day. It's such a relief to finally have warmer weather even if it did snow yesterday. It took me over 30min to shovel...” Read full tasting note
    Aedon2 587 tasting notes
  • “This is my must-by tea. It usually retails for about $3.99, which is about the price of a single grande iced chai at Starbucks, so I'm saving a lot by making them myself. Plus, since I like a...” Read full tasting note
    mizzmarvel 13 tasting notes
  • “Had some of this left from a while back; probably our winter vacation. The boys like a treat when we are away and it is easier than brewing chai the traditional way with spices in a pot etc. I find...” Read full tasting note
    Nitoo6of6 101 tasting notes

From Tazo

A full-bodied blend of exotic teas and spices for those who seek inner peace at a slightly gentler pace. Enjoy it morning, noon or night, for a rich and soothing escape from traditional teas.

About Tazo View company

It’s 3 in the morning and I am mildly lactose intolerant, so I have no clue why I am drinking something with both milk and caffeine. Well, I do know—I saw it in the fridge, realized I hadn’t opened it yet, and some part of my brain though “oh awesome, let’s have this instead of water!” Thanks, brain.

This is one of my guilty pleasures. Yes, it’s not “real” chai by any stretch of the imagination, but it’s so delicious! You can taste the spices for sure, though the tea taste is a little lost under all that sugar. But hey, who cares! It’s tasty, and I really consider this more of a “specialty drink” than actual tea.

ScottTeaMan

I like their Chai, but never had their concentrate.

Barb

Saw this at the grocery the other day and passed it up. For some reason I thought it was an “add your own milk” concoction.

Azzrian

I like their vanilla version a lot.

Alphakitty

@Barb, you do have to add milk. I’m thinking of trying it with almond milk to combat the nausea this inevitably gives me.

My local Target sells cartons for like $7, so it’s definitely worth trying out! It’s tasty, in an indulgent “my kitchen is now Starbucks” sort of way.

Kittenna

IIRC Costco does or did sell a 3-pack which worked out to be quite a bit cheaper. My sister likes(d?) the stuff.

Helena

also goes great with Eggonog!

I’m having a cold cup of this after walking in the puppy park on this fine -10C day. It’s such a relief to finally have warmer weather even if it did snow yesterday. It took me over 30min to shovel the white fluff. I hope it’s warmer tomorrow.

Iced

This is my must-by tea. It usually retails for about $3.99, which is about the price of a single grande iced chai at Starbucks, so I’m saving a lot by making them myself. Plus, since I like a stronger chai taste, I can make them to suit me.

It has a beautiful spicy, almost peppery aftertaste that I love, and it’s not overwhelmingly sweet. To me, this is how (iced) chai should taste.

Had some of this left from a while back; probably our winter vacation. The boys like a treat when we are away and it is easier than brewing chai the traditional way with spices in a pot etc. I find the mix too sweet for my taste so I always have to add double the amount of almond milk into it (1 part concentrate to 2 parts almond milk). For the convenience not a bad product.

Not bad! I get a little artificial aftertaste, but for an at-home mix, it does just fine.

A must if you have a steam wand at your disposal, or if you plan to heat milk for a chai latte! However, as it is concentrate, it will not keep for much more than a week so it should be consumed within that timeframe. Cozy and comforting, perfect for a chilly day!

Delicious — a must-have for anybody who enjoys Starbucks chai lattes, as this is quite literally the exact product they use. The flavor of the tea and spices are well in evidence, it’s milky and sweet but not too sweet, and there’s just a touch of bite from the black pepper. I couldn’t say how authentic it actually is, but for me this is the ideal chai.