Refresh (Filter bag version)

Herbal Tea
Mint, Peppermint, Tarragon
Tea Bag
Edit tea info Last updated by madametj

From Tazo

One of Tazo’s Herbal Infusions, Refresh™ is a blend of northwest grown peppermint and spearmint leaves and features the sweet licorice-like taste of tarragon.

Even though this type of beverage is often described as an herbal tea, there is actually no tea in it at all. Instead it’s a blend of leaves and herbs that has been used for centuries to enhance health and well being. As a result, it contains no caffeine.

About Tazo View company

More peppermint flavor than spearmint. Reminds me of Wrigley’s doublemint gum. I don’t really taste the tarragon, however. This is okay, but I like Ahmad’s mint green better and Numi Moroccan mint much better. Something is missing from this tea – it tastes one-dimensional despite having three herbs in it. It has the flat aftertaste of the peppermint which I don’t like. This tea would probably be better mixed with a green or black tea as a base. My least favorite of the 3 mint teas I have tasted so far. But it is nice to drink with a cold.

I LOVE me some mint tea. I get Refresh for free because I work for Starbucks. I frequently drink this over ice at work by steeping 2 bags in 12 oz. of boiling water and pouring over a 24 oz. cup of ice. It’s fresh, crisp, and has an unmistakable chocolate-y taste to it. Reminds me of York peppermint patties.

Refresh it great, and the full leaf version is much richer than the filterbag, but honestly, it’s not worth the price. If I didn’t get it for free, I would much sooner buy loose peppermint leaves from Central Market for $7 per POUND.

190 °F / 87 °C 8 min or more

OH, enjoy.
I’m all caffeined out, so it’s on to the wonderful Refresh.
It’s peppermint AND spearmint, so it doesn’t have any of that gaggy back-of-the-mouth sharpness that the peppermint teas of my university years (when all I could afford was a box of Stash or Tetley.)
The colour is misleading. It doesn’t look like it’s going to taste good. And the has almost a medicine cabinet quality to it. But the TASTE is so wonderful. It has a richer body than I’d expect from brewing mint leaves in water (of course, I added a touch of my usual milk and sugar), but the minty taste has no menthol or toothpaste qualitites at all. The oils left behind give me a fresh-from-the-dentist feeling of clean (although I know for a fact that the several candy cane Viva Puffs that I shoved in my mouth for breakfast have something to say about the actuality of that situation.)
Lovely, lovely, lovely. And exactly what I needed on a light-grey November morning when I have a very present deadline looming.

This is a nice minty flavor, with plenty of spearmint tones and a slight tarragon fragrance. (In fact I smelled the tarragon more than I tasted it). Refresh is definitely aptly named; I do feel this tisane refreshes my senses. I find it perfect hot, during a stressful day or as I unwind. Delish! A side note: I added sugar free vanilla syrup to it and loved the additional flavor profile.

Refreshing even for a mint tea, I didn’t expect much out of this blend. However, there is something added by the spearmint (I usually drink pure dried peppermint from the Tao of Tea) and tarragon, and I’m quite willing to try this again, except perhaps not brewed quite as strong!

Fixed this tonight since I really wanted CS’s Peppermint, but was out. Had never tried this before and had a couple of bags lying around from a hotel visit. This is a really yummy way to do a mint tea. This may become my new favorite mint!

Amount: 2 teabags
Additives: none
Water: 20 ounces hot water spigot
Steep Time: a little over 10 minutes
Served: Hot

Notes: Purchased at Starbucks. I would probably like it more if it brewed a bit less (very minty) and had some honey.

Smell: minty, clears your nose
Flavor: mint
Body: full
Aftertaste: sweet, tingly, mint
Liquor: dark green-brown

8 min or more

~if you enjoy mintyness than this tea is for you :) You don’t get an over powering taste of it, but just give it a second…the burst of minty goodness follows shortly after your sip:) I prefer it this way b/c I am not a huge fan of mint flavored anything. But Tazo does a nice job of keeping it subtle but tasty!

Love this sweet minty herbal tea. The tarragon is a flavor you don’t normally find in mint teas, so this always stays stocked in my pantry.

This tea is wonderful! I like to brew it with some simple green tea, as it really enhances the flavor.