Cucumber White

Herbal White Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Kittenna

• “Looking back on what I wrote about this tea, I'm constrained to dock it some points. I'd originally given it a 63. Lately I've been drinking it a lot more, as I'm now down to just a few of my...” Read full tasting note
    __Morgana__ 933 tasting notes
  • “Second-last tea I have yet to sample from *Amanda*! This can only be better than the yuck from Adagio I just tasted (and spit back out). Steeped, there is almost no smell. I had smelled a bit of...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2221 tasting notes
  • “My friend threw a bag of this tea in a humongous mug filled with ice for me the other day...a short cold-steep. It was quite refreshing. The mint was there, but not overpowering, and I could taste...” Read full tasting note
    Tealizzy 429 tasting notes
  • “I'm really not a huge white tea fan, nor a huge Tazo fan. But I had the chance to try a new-to-me tea so I took it. This was that tea. I'm really not expecting much, so my lack of...” Read full tasting note
    aug3zimm 911 tasting notes

From Tazo

Cool cucumber, refreshing peppermint, lime peel and all the blessed antioxidants in white tea unite their restorative powers in Tazo Cucumber White. Sip by sip, you may feel a spreading calm as the tea replenishes your body and spirit. And if you find yourself smiling at nothing at all, you have reached the coveted peace of mind.

About Tazo View company

I’m normally not very impressed with most tea that comes in tea bags, but when I saw this at the health food store, it really intrigued me. I’m glad I picked it up! I did not let it steep for very long, so that it would not become bitter or too strong. I seemed to choose the perfect time to stop steeping, because I can now taste the mild flavor of the cucumber, as well as hints of lemon and peppermint. It’s very, very mellow, but I love it. I’m surprised it’s gotten such low ratings. It just seems that not as many people are not fans of white tea.

Can’t remember exactly how long I steeped it, but it was around 2 minutes. I don’t have a water thermometer, but I brought the water to a boil over in a kettle and added an eensy bit of cold water while steeping to prevent it from becoming too bitter. I just wing these sorts of things. I’m excited to try this in the summer time, when I can make it iced with a little bit sweetener. I think it’ll be very refreshing. :)

I can understand that this may be too mild for other people’s liking, but if you steep it just right (before it reaches the bitter, bland point; and possibly add some natural sweetener), it is likely come out more flavorful and enjoyable.

I’m still trying to decide what I really think about this tea. It has sort of fruity tart smell to it. But also smells a little like cardboard. Kind of has that taste, too. Maybe it’s trying to pull off something ‘earthy’ & is failing miserably. I’m not entirely sorry I bought this tea but I certainly wouldn’t purchase it again.

This is a very mild tea. I steep it for a long time and enjoy it almost at room temperature. it is a nice mid day tea.

What what WHAT? Why is this tea rated so LOW? Why does everybody hate it so much?
Full disclosure: I am generally not a fan of white tea at all.
The smell is delightfully summery. Like lime-ade in the sun on a freshly-clipped lawn. It’s darker than a usual white tea (I’m guessing because of the addition of black darjeeling tea). But the mouthfeel and taste are just so lovely that I can’t understand the universal dislike of Tazo Cucumber White!
You shouldn’t sweeten this tea for sure. The peppermint is more of a feeling than a flavour. It kind of ices down the back of your tongue and into your throat, then reminds you that it’s there by sliding cold hands along the sides of your mouth. The lime has no overpowering zing to it and kind of coaxes your whole face into thinking that it’s summer. The cucumber lingers sweetly and makes your mouth feel happy and clean.

And, because it isn’t on this page, here’s what the box has to say:
“Cool cucumber, refreshing peppermint, lime peel and all the blessed antioxidants in white tea unite their restorative powers in TAZO CUCUMBER WHITE. Sip by sip, you may feel a spreading calm as the tea replenishes your body and spirit. And if you find yourself smiling at nothing at all, you have reached the coveted peace of mind. Nice feeling, isn’t it?
“Ingredients: white tea, lime peel, dandelion leaves, black darjeeling tea, cucumber, peppermint, lemon myrtle, natural flavours, lime essence oil.
“Did You Know? Louis XIV so loved the rejuvenating effect of cucumbers that he had his royal gardens filled with the gourd. And he ruled for seventy two well-hydrated years. Drink up.”

Backlog:

I wasn’t all that impressed with this tea. It is alright … certainly not horrible but, it wasn’t a great tea either. Not one I’d waste my time with in the future. More lime taste than cucumber, with crisp, light white tea notes.

It has a very complicated taste pattern. Extremely bitter, with barely a hint of cucumber. I doesn’t taste amazing, but it isn’t absolutely horrid either. I guess you could say I am indecisive towards it..

hm. not sure what to say about this one. It tastes bitter with a hint of what i believe to be the cucumber part, didn’t really taste like cucumbers to me.

I’m undecided on this one. It has quite a few different flavors.

I am ordinarily a black tea with cream and sugar drinker. I will occasionally drink green tea with honey but I’m not in love with it. When I tried this, I thought I would only drink it occasionally. I am obsessed. It is very clean and refreshing tasting. I leave the tea bag in and drink it plain (sometimes a half a scoop of sugar). It has a very subtle flavor and would be phenomonal on a warm summer night.