Green Tea
Freshly Cut Grass, Lemongrass, Spearmint, Earth, Grass, Wood
Edit tea info Last updated by madametj

• “I'm house/dog sitting for my parents for the next week while they holiday in Whitby so that leaves me to finish some tea samples. I packed a large bag of random samples and it's hopefully enough to...” Read full tasting note
    KittyLovesTea 1155 tasting notes
  • “Friend gave my teenager a bag of this and he asked me to steep it for him; since I'm still trying to win him over to the tea side, I did so with great care to time, temp, and taste. Zen is...” Read full tasting note
    gmathis 1767 tasting notes
  • “Bazinga Sil! LOL! A student bought me a sampler packet of Tazo for a gift, awhile back. I put these out when I host tea parties for the Harp Society, & also for my students, etc, from time to...” Read full tasting note
    Terri HarpLady 3071 tasting notes
  • “Somehow I hit the sweet spot for this this morning: Recognizable as green tea, and both the spearmint and lemongrass were present. I was really liking the citrusy flavors this morning so this was...” Read full tasting note
    bluebelle 484 tasting notes

From Tazo

Select pan-fired green tea from Zhejiang province in China, artfully combined with lemongrass, spearmint and a hint of lemon essence. Zen’s distinct green tea flavor accented with lemon and mint is impossible to express with words. Best simply to experience its sweet, lingering aftertaste.

About Tazo View company

Pretty good. Refreshing. The spearmint and lemongrass are little light for my tastes, just hints of flavor.

A surprise in my lunchbox! I found this hiding in a zippered pocket. I know I haven’t bought this tea for at least a year, so it may be past its prime, but I thought I would give it a try. What a pleasant surprise! I forgot how much I like this tea. It is such a nice blend of green tea and herbal flavors. I might need to pick up some more, or figure out how to blend something similar myself. How hard could it be?

Excellent green tea with good balance of mint and citrus. Refreshing iced and with sugar, but also great warm with/without sugar. I steep at least 4 mins.

Iced 4 min, 0 sec

Great for travel for me. I like the green and mint. Don’t oversteep though.

I tried this today iced with lemonade; it makes a great summer drink. Gives the lemonade a kick and you can still taste the green tea and mint…though I do lose the lemongrass a little bit.

I think this tea bag smells really good…it smell like a Halls Lemon cough drop and Extra Long Last Gum!! I don’t know if I boil the water too hot for this tea, because I didn’t taste the lemongrass at all and the spearmint was very weak. I think I’m going to do this tea taste over. Cheers!!

It’s alright. The lemongrass was almost overpowering over the spearmint, but then again, I steeped it for quite a while. Perhaps a bit of sugar next time would be good…

Had some at lunch, and I was like, “there’s a minty taste in here…” and then I checked the packet, and as it’s made with spearmint, that makes sense ^^;
It’s a good tea, though, one of Tazo’s better ones. I like the lemongrass and mint in it—they’re just mild enough to complement the tea without overpowering it. A pretty relaxing cup :)

Pretty darn good for a bagged tea. As soon as you take it out of its paper pillow the lemongrass/spearmint hits your nose. Luckily it tastes as good as it smells. One of the better bagged greens.

This was the last bag in my Tazo variety pack . I always enjoy the blend for this green tea .