Green Tea
Lemongrass, Spearmint, Freshly Cut Grass, Earth, Grass, Wood
Edit tea info Last updated by madametj

From Tazo

Select pan-fired green tea from Zhejiang province in China, artfully combined with lemongrass, spearmint and a hint of lemon essence. Zen’s distinct green tea flavor accented with lemon and mint is impossible to express with words. Best simply to experience its sweet, lingering aftertaste.

About Tazo View company

Tazo Zen Green Tea got me into tea. It’s light and minty, which I like. And I can usually get two steeps* out of the teabag. It’s my go-to workplace tea.

*Is that proper lingo? I have no idea — I’m still new to this whole tea-drinking thing.

Made a pitcher of this iced using my electric iced tea maker. Used six bags and got some rather potent green tea. I need to add more ice or less tea next time as it is quite strong, but I love the lemongrass taste with a hint of mint. Very refreshing.

I was out today and stopped at a cafe on campus with my girlfriend. Was feeling a green tea so I picked this one up. I’ve had it before, but this was definitely the best cup yet. Steeped for about 3 minutes I believe. Result was a light tea with a hint of mint. I really enjoyed it.. it’s making me want another cup right now. Green tea taste is definitely there, and the mint is not overpowering but rather sweet. I highly recommend it.

I got a grande cup of this from Starbucks this morning. I usually fix it with a bit of sugar, but completely forgot, but it tasted fine. I enjoy the Zen because it’s smooth and mild, without being tasteless. I did steep it a bit too long, only because I was talking to a coworker after I got back from Starbucks. 3-4 minutes is best.

The lemongrass really stands out in this tea. Not too much, but subtle enough, while a lighter green taste floats around in the cup. I really enjoy drinking this, especially at night. So warm and calming.

second steep. still good. i don’t think it can handle more than two though.

This is like other Tazo teas. You can only use 8-10 ounces of water. It tasted like peppermint tea. I didn’t taste lemongrass or green tea.

Light and tasty just not very flavorful and can’t pick out many if any individual flavors…but not bad.

just spilled a mug of this on myself at work.
luckily it had cooled off.
still yummy.

Due to some recent financial issues, I’ve decided to drink my way through my current tea stash before buying any more. Today for my before-work tea, I found two lonely Zen tea bags at the bottom of my tea drawer. It had been awhile since I’d drank it. Zen has never been a favourite, but I didn’t remember disliking it either. I decided to do it latte style. I carefully steeped two bags according to my tea steeping app in roughly 3/4th cup of water, and warmed a bit of soy milk on the stove. I then threw the soymilk in my Vitamix for about a minute on high, producing a lovely foam.
I then mixed and sweetened with agave. (I’ve been doing this all week with various types of tea with great success)

Maybe my tastes have changed. Maybe my frequent trips to DavidsTea has put me into a new tea bracket. Or maybe when I wasn’t looking lemony cleaner fell into my mug.

I drank it, it wasn’t horrible. But, I’m definitely glad those were my last two bags.
(Though its quite likely I’ll find more because my one year old recently went through a phase of opening the tea draw and carrying off tea bags)

I find it odd that this does not taste at all of green tea.

Flavors: Lemongrass, Spearmint