Green Tea
Musty, Spearmint, Green, Lemongrass, Freshly Cut Grass, Earth, Grass, Wood
Edit tea info Last updated by madametj

From Tazo

Select pan-fired green tea from Zhejiang province in China, artfully combined with lemongrass, spearmint and a hint of lemon essence. Zen’s distinct green tea flavor accented with lemon and mint is impossible to express with words. Best simply to experience its sweet, lingering aftertaste.

About Tazo View company

Tazo Zen Green Tea got me into tea. It’s light and minty, which I like. And I can usually get two steeps* out of the teabag. It’s my go-to workplace tea.

*Is that proper lingo? I have no idea — I’m still new to this whole tea-drinking thing.

Made a pitcher of this iced using my electric iced tea maker. Used six bags and got some rather potent green tea. I need to add more ice or less tea next time as it is quite strong, but I love the lemongrass taste with a hint of mint. Very refreshing.

I was out today and stopped at a cafe on campus with my girlfriend. Was feeling a green tea so I picked this one up. I’ve had it before, but this was definitely the best cup yet. Steeped for about 3 minutes I believe. Result was a light tea with a hint of mint. I really enjoyed it.. it’s making me want another cup right now. Green tea taste is definitely there, and the mint is not overpowering but rather sweet. I highly recommend it.

I got a grande cup of this from Starbucks this morning. I usually fix it with a bit of sugar, but completely forgot, but it tasted fine. I enjoy the Zen because it’s smooth and mild, without being tasteless. I did steep it a bit too long, only because I was talking to a coworker after I got back from Starbucks. 3-4 minutes is best.

The lemongrass really stands out in this tea. Not too much, but subtle enough, while a lighter green taste floats around in the cup. I really enjoy drinking this, especially at night. So warm and calming.

second steep. still good. i don’t think it can handle more than two though.

This is like other Tazo teas. You can only use 8-10 ounces of water. It tasted like peppermint tea. I didn’t taste lemongrass or green tea.

Light and tasty just not very flavorful and can’t pick out many if any individual flavors…but not bad.

just spilled a mug of this on myself at work.
luckily it had cooled off.
still yummy.

I liked the sound of the blend for this tea and was drawn to it for that reason. I found the description to be quite tasty, a little excited about the prospect of a lemony-minty green tea blend.

The dry bag has a very spearminty scent, and it held a lot of good hope for me. The steeped scent is a bit subtle though it does retain those spearmint overtones. That’s about it though, didn’t notice too much of the other flavors, except maybe a little bit of green tea.

The taste is kind of subtle (as the scent) if not a bit bland. It’s definitely cool like its minty aspects, but that’s mostly what I’m tasting. I like the coolness of it, very refreshing, but I do believe it is a bit lacking overall. The aftertaste remains cool as well. One thing I noticed is that this tea can be slightly bitter at times, but I don’t think it’s bad enough to keep me away from drinking it again.

Overall, the flavor is a little bland, minty and earthy, with a refreshing cool feeling left to the mouth, but it does lack. The scent is not overpowering, and while it could be stronger, is nice. Could be improved, but definitely could be worse. Would recommend for someone who likes mint.

Flavors: Musty, Spearmint