Green Tea
Freshly Cut Grass, Lemongrass, Spearmint, Earth, Grass, Wood
Edit tea info Last updated by madametj

• “I'm house/dog sitting for my parents for the next week while they holiday in Whitby so that leaves me to finish some tea samples. I packed a large bag of random samples and it's hopefully enough to...” Read full tasting note
    KittyLovesTea 1155 tasting notes
  • “Friend gave my teenager a bag of this and he asked me to steep it for him; since I'm still trying to win him over to the tea side, I did so with great care to time, temp, and taste. Zen is...” Read full tasting note
    gmathis 1767 tasting notes
  • “Bazinga Sil! LOL! A student bought me a sampler packet of Tazo for a gift, awhile back. I put these out when I host tea parties for the Harp Society, & also for my students, etc, from time to...” Read full tasting note
    Terri HarpLady 3071 tasting notes
  • “Somehow I hit the sweet spot for this this morning: Recognizable as green tea, and both the spearmint and lemongrass were present. I was really liking the citrusy flavors this morning so this was...” Read full tasting note
    bluebelle 484 tasting notes

From Tazo

Select pan-fired green tea from Zhejiang province in China, artfully combined with lemongrass, spearmint and a hint of lemon essence. Zen’s distinct green tea flavor accented with lemon and mint is impossible to express with words. Best simply to experience its sweet, lingering aftertaste.

About Tazo View company

Tazo Zen Green Tea got me into tea. It’s light and minty, which I like. And I can usually get two steeps* out of the teabag. It’s my go-to workplace tea.

*Is that proper lingo? I have no idea — I’m still new to this whole tea-drinking thing.

Made a pitcher of this iced using my electric iced tea maker. Used six bags and got some rather potent green tea. I need to add more ice or less tea next time as it is quite strong, but I love the lemongrass taste with a hint of mint. Very refreshing.

I was out today and stopped at a cafe on campus with my girlfriend. Was feeling a green tea so I picked this one up. I’ve had it before, but this was definitely the best cup yet. Steeped for about 3 minutes I believe. Result was a light tea with a hint of mint. I really enjoyed it.. it’s making me want another cup right now. Green tea taste is definitely there, and the mint is not overpowering but rather sweet. I highly recommend it.

I got a grande cup of this from Starbucks this morning. I usually fix it with a bit of sugar, but completely forgot, but it tasted fine. I enjoy the Zen because it’s smooth and mild, without being tasteless. I did steep it a bit too long, only because I was talking to a coworker after I got back from Starbucks. 3-4 minutes is best.

The lemongrass really stands out in this tea. Not too much, but subtle enough, while a lighter green taste floats around in the cup. I really enjoy drinking this, especially at night. So warm and calming.

second steep. still good. i don’t think it can handle more than two though.

This is like other Tazo teas. You can only use 8-10 ounces of water. It tasted like peppermint tea. I didn’t taste lemongrass or green tea.

Light and tasty just not very flavorful and can’t pick out many if any individual flavors…but not bad.

just spilled a mug of this on myself at work.
luckily it had cooled off.
still yummy.

I haven’t tried many green teas yet and I haven’t enjoyed most of the ones I’ve had. But this one is delicious! The mint and lemon flavors are both quite subtle, but just present enough to make it so refreshing. It’s good both hot and iced. I’m working on my second box!

Flavors: Freshly Cut Grass, Lemongrass, Spearmint