Green Herbal Blend
Green Tea, Lemon Verbena, Lemongrass, Natural Flavours, Spearmint
Grass, Lemongrass, Mint, Vegetal, Lemon, Musty, Spearmint, Green, Freshly Cut Grass, Earth, Wood
Tea Bag
Edit tea info Last updated by Amanda

From Tazo

A harmonious blend of green tea with lemongrass & spearmint.

Select pan-fired green tea from Zhejiang province in China, artfully combined with lemongrass, spearmint and a hint of lemon essence. Zen’s distinct green tea flavor accented with lemon and mint is impossible to express with words. Best simply to experience its sweet, lingering aftertaste.

About Tazo View company

Very calming I drink it before bed

Pre-Taste – It’s vapor gives a cooling sensation when inhaled. A very mellow scent. Minty, with a little bit of herbs. Light brown, dark yellow, however you look at it. Looks like a standard green tea.

Taste – When you take a sip the first noticed flavor is a medium strength mint. It begins to fade away after you swallow and fades into a light green tea flavor. The flavor is very smooth.

Mood – With a small amount of caffeine, and the warmth in your stomach after drinking it, you are left feeling calm, and focused. It’s no wonder it’s called Zen.

Overall I enjoyed it, but I would not consider it a go-to tea.

Flavors: Lemon, Lemongrass, Mint

So for the last three days I keep forgetting to bring tea to work. So now I am stuck with work tea today. That is the tea in the drawer of the staff room at work, that people just bring in because they don’t want it. Most of it was herbal blends, this was one of the few that had actual tea in it so that is what I grabbed. We also have some keurig tea at work. But the keurig has never been cleaned, and is mostly used for coffee, I don’t think I can stomach tea laced with coffee, this morning anyway.

This was is ok. It is quite light, bland would be a good word. There are light hints of spearmint, a bit of lemon verbena type flavour. The green tea is very light but also slightly atringent in the aftertaste.

I wasn’t expecting much from this one due to the fact it is an old bagged tea from the work cupboard, but also. Being a blend called Zen, I don’t think it is supposed to pack any type of punch.

It will do for now.

I have all this delicious tea at home just waiting for me….. :(

Maddy Barone

My brother just loves his Tazo teas. I don’t get it. None of them has ever really been good for me. Other people’s mileage may vary.

I liked the sound of the blend for this tea and was drawn to it for that reason. I found the description to be quite tasty, a little excited about the prospect of a lemony-minty green tea blend.

The dry bag has a very spearminty scent, and it held a lot of good hope for me. The steeped scent is a bit subtle though it does retain those spearmint overtones. That’s about it though, didn’t notice too much of the other flavors, except maybe a little bit of green tea.

The taste is kind of subtle (as the scent) if not a bit bland. It’s definitely cool like its minty aspects, but that’s mostly what I’m tasting. I like the coolness of it, very refreshing, but I do believe it is a bit lacking overall. The aftertaste remains cool as well. One thing I noticed is that this tea can be slightly bitter at times, but I don’t think it’s bad enough to keep me away from drinking it again.

Overall, the flavor is a little bland, minty and earthy, with a refreshing cool feeling left to the mouth, but it does lack. The scent is not overpowering, and while it could be stronger, is nice. Could be improved, but definitely could be worse. Would recommend for someone who likes mint.

Flavors: Musty, Spearmint

175 °F / 79 °C 3 min, 0 sec 8 OZ / 236 ML

I’m trying to be impartial when it comes to Tazo tea but it’s not easy since reading that they are one of the tea companies who allegedly don’t rinse their tea leaves very well, hence leaving chemicals behind for us to ingest when we drink their tea. For that reason, I tend not to drink this brand. However, I was at Boston Pizza today for lunch and this was their offering for green tea. It was mild and not bitter so that that was nice and it had a hint of spearmint which I enjoyed. My cousin used to work for Starbucks years ago and he used to get me good deals on Tazo tea so I drank a lot of it back then but now I pass it over for other ones that I prefer. I do like this one though. Pretty good!

Flavors: Green, Spearmint

More of this today. Not a favourite, but nice and refreshing when sweetened (but irritating as a teabag since it’s a green, and I like my teabags to be no-fuss).

I liked this a lot more than I thought I would!! The mint and lemongrass complimented the green tea perfectly… I never think I’m a big fan of green teas but then a tea like this comes along and I really like it… probably because of the addition of the mint and lemongrass. It’s just a nice, soothing blend, perfect for getting down to work in the afternoon.

It’s not good but not for me. I really don’t like spearmint.

Due to some recent financial issues, I’ve decided to drink my way through my current tea stash before buying any more. Today for my before-work tea, I found two lonely Zen tea bags at the bottom of my tea drawer. It had been awhile since I’d drank it. Zen has never been a favourite, but I didn’t remember disliking it either. I decided to do it latte style. I carefully steeped two bags according to my tea steeping app in roughly 3/4th cup of water, and warmed a bit of soy milk on the stove. I then threw the soymilk in my Vitamix for about a minute on high, producing a lovely foam.
I then mixed and sweetened with agave. (I’ve been doing this all week with various types of tea with great success)

Maybe my tastes have changed. Maybe my frequent trips to DavidsTea has put me into a new tea bracket. Or maybe when I wasn’t looking lemony cleaner fell into my mug.

I drank it, it wasn’t horrible. But, I’m definitely glad those were my last two bags.
(Though its quite likely I’ll find more because my one year old recently went through a phase of opening the tea draw and carrying off tea bags)

I find it odd that this does not taste at all of green tea.

Flavors: Lemongrass, Spearmint

Love it! By far my favourite tea with a mint taste!