Green Tea
Musty, Spearmint, Green, Lemongrass, Freshly Cut Grass, Earth, Grass, Wood
Edit tea info Last updated by madametj

From Tazo

Select pan-fired green tea from Zhejiang province in China, artfully combined with lemongrass, spearmint and a hint of lemon essence. Zen’s distinct green tea flavor accented with lemon and mint is impossible to express with words. Best simply to experience its sweet, lingering aftertaste.

About Tazo View company

I liked the sound of the blend for this tea and was drawn to it for that reason. I found the description to be quite tasty, a little excited about the prospect of a lemony-minty green tea blend.

The dry bag has a very spearminty scent, and it held a lot of good hope for me. The steeped scent is a bit subtle though it does retain those spearmint overtones. That’s about it though, didn’t notice too much of the other flavors, except maybe a little bit of green tea.

The taste is kind of subtle (as the scent) if not a bit bland. It’s definitely cool like its minty aspects, but that’s mostly what I’m tasting. I like the coolness of it, very refreshing, but I do believe it is a bit lacking overall. The aftertaste remains cool as well. One thing I noticed is that this tea can be slightly bitter at times, but I don’t think it’s bad enough to keep me away from drinking it again.

Overall, the flavor is a little bland, minty and earthy, with a refreshing cool feeling left to the mouth, but it does lack. The scent is not overpowering, and while it could be stronger, is nice. Could be improved, but definitely could be worse. Would recommend for someone who likes mint.

Flavors: Musty, Spearmint

175 °F / 79 °C 3 min, 0 sec 8 OZ / 236 ML

I’m trying to be impartial when it comes to Tazo tea but it’s not easy since reading that they are one of the tea companies who allegedly don’t rinse their tea leaves very well, hence leaving chemicals behind for us to ingest when we drink their tea. For that reason, I tend not to drink this brand. However, I was at Boston Pizza today for lunch and this was their offering for green tea. It was mild and not bitter so that that was nice and it had a hint of spearmint which I enjoyed. My cousin used to work for Starbucks years ago and he used to get me good deals on Tazo tea so I drank a lot of it back then but now I pass it over for other ones that I prefer. I do like this one though. Pretty good!

Flavors: Green, Spearmint

More of this today. Not a favourite, but nice and refreshing when sweetened (but irritating as a teabag since it’s a green, and I like my teabags to be no-fuss).

I liked this a lot more than I thought I would!! The mint and lemongrass complimented the green tea perfectly… I never think I’m a big fan of green teas but then a tea like this comes along and I really like it… probably because of the addition of the mint and lemongrass. It’s just a nice, soothing blend, perfect for getting down to work in the afternoon.

It’s not good but not for me. I really don’t like spearmint.

Due to some recent financial issues, I’ve decided to drink my way through my current tea stash before buying any more. Today for my before-work tea, I found two lonely Zen tea bags at the bottom of my tea drawer. It had been awhile since I’d drank it. Zen has never been a favourite, but I didn’t remember disliking it either. I decided to do it latte style. I carefully steeped two bags according to my tea steeping app in roughly 3/4th cup of water, and warmed a bit of soy milk on the stove. I then threw the soymilk in my Vitamix for about a minute on high, producing a lovely foam.
I then mixed and sweetened with agave. (I’ve been doing this all week with various types of tea with great success)

Maybe my tastes have changed. Maybe my frequent trips to DavidsTea has put me into a new tea bracket. Or maybe when I wasn’t looking lemony cleaner fell into my mug.

I drank it, it wasn’t horrible. But, I’m definitely glad those were my last two bags.
(Though its quite likely I’ll find more because my one year old recently went through a phase of opening the tea draw and carrying off tea bags)

I find it odd that this does not taste at all of green tea.

Flavors: Lemongrass, Spearmint

Love it! By far my favourite tea with a mint taste!

This is a staple in my tea cupboard. It isn’t anything that’s going to set the world on fire, but it’s consistent and inexpensive. I like it hot or cold, but definitely with sweetener either way. Mild green tea, spearmint, and light citrus – it’s refreshing at any temperature. I can drink a ton of iced tea, so this is a good one for me to have in quantity – I hate using my “good” tea by the pitcherful, even though I probably should, just to use some of it up! This is a nice standby and one I’ve gone to for several years.

Flavors: Lemongrass, Spearmint

I haven’t tried many green teas yet and I haven’t enjoyed most of the ones I’ve had. But this one is delicious! The mint and lemon flavors are both quite subtle, but just present enough to make it so refreshing. It’s good both hot and iced. I’m working on my second box!

Flavors: Freshly Cut Grass, Lemongrass, Spearmint

Busy day. Exams tommorrow and Saturday. Had a cup of this while I did homework. Not really a bad mix of flavors. I don’t know what is more fun, reviewing tea on Steepster or reading all the discussions. Would love to participate….But I don’t because it keeps the grandmother happy. Anyway….I love the balance of green tea and mint in this. Will keep this around as my bagged tea back-up.