Green Tea
Earth, Grass, Wood
Edit tea info Last updated by madametj

• “I'm house/dog sitting for my parents for the next week while they holiday in Whitby so that leaves me to finish some tea samples. I packed a large bag of random samples and it's hopefully enough to...” Read full tasting note
    KittyLovesTea 978 tasting notes
  • “Friend gave my teenager a bag of this and he asked me to steep it for him; since I'm still trying to win him over to the tea side, I did so with great care to time, temp, and taste. Zen is...” Read full tasting note
    gmathis 1623 tasting notes
  • “Bazinga Sil! LOL! A student bought me a sampler packet of Tazo for a gift, awhile back. I put these out when I host tea parties for the Harp Society, & also for my students, etc, from time to...” Read full tasting note
    Terri HarpLady 2464 tasting notes
  • “Somehow I hit the sweet spot for this this morning: Recognizable as green tea, and both the spearmint and lemongrass were present. I was really liking the citrusy flavors this morning so this was...” Read full tasting note
    bluebelle 381 tasting notes

From Tazo

Select pan-fired green tea from Zhejiang province in China, artfully combined with lemongrass, spearmint and a hint of lemon essence. Zen’s distinct green tea flavor accented with lemon and mint is impossible to express with words. Best simply to experience its sweet, lingering aftertaste.

About Tazo View company

This is absolutely one of my favorite green teas. It’s very forgiving if you oversteep. The lemongrass is not overpowering and it’s a very well-rounded tea and the spices are just pure harmony.

I’m still very new to tea but I appreciate the accessibility of this tea as well as its pleasant taste and relatively easy brewing to achieve said taste.

Tasty and really warms me up on this cold day…it is kind of making me sleepy though :)

Flavors: Earth, Grass, Wood

It tastes a lot more like green tea with hints of lemongrass and only a trace of spearmint. As the tea cools down it started tasting bitter and very green to me. Eh.

This is great but not nearly as good as the full-leaf version that comes in the nice metal tin. That version is simply amazing. But this is still good. It ook a couple attempts to get the exact temp/steep time right. Once I let it steep just a minute longer and it was gross. It’s insane how quickly this (well green tea in general) can go bitter. But with careful attention to brew time (3 minutes MAX but closer to 2.5 is better on my taste buds) this tea is delicious. It’s a mellow tea that you can taste the lemongrass here and there and the mint is subtle yet enough to provide a taste of Spring. It’s like Springtime in your cup. The first whiff brings memories of wandering beside a river in a meadow. Sweet, warm serenity… I love Tazo Zen!

Just fine, especially when my throat is dry and I feel like crap.

I don’t know why I love this so much. For me, it’s the perfect blend of lemongrass and green, plus it’s great with a slice of lemon and some honey when I have a cold.

The spearmint notes in this tea are very prominent. Initially, you’re overwelmed with mint with the first sip. Then, you’re greeted by notes of lemon, which leaves a faint aftertaste in your mouth. Very reminiscent of toothpaste, which I actually really like. This is definitely one of Tazo’s more popular teas, and I can see why. Very refreshing and light. This would be great in the summer, as an iced tea!

I first bought this tea for a camping trip in Joshua Tea because it was the only tea in the little grocery where we provisioned. It’s pretty good and it always reminds me of that trip. For some reason I can’t find this anywhere lately. I almost bought the really over priced cloth bags at Starbucks just to have some on hand. I like it with a little honey.

I don’t normally like mint flavoured tea but this one is pretty good. A nice smooth green tea, not to be steeped too long. 1-2 mins.