Green Tea
Lemongrass, Spearmint, Freshly Cut Grass, Earth, Grass, Wood
Edit tea info Last updated by madametj

From Tazo

Select pan-fired green tea from Zhejiang province in China, artfully combined with lemongrass, spearmint and a hint of lemon essence. Zen’s distinct green tea flavor accented with lemon and mint is impossible to express with words. Best simply to experience its sweet, lingering aftertaste.

About Tazo View company

It tastes a lot more like green tea with hints of lemongrass and only a trace of spearmint. As the tea cools down it started tasting bitter and very green to me. Eh.

This is great but not nearly as good as the full-leaf version that comes in the nice metal tin. That version is simply amazing. But this is still good. It ook a couple attempts to get the exact temp/steep time right. Once I let it steep just a minute longer and it was gross. It’s insane how quickly this (well green tea in general) can go bitter. But with careful attention to brew time (3 minutes MAX but closer to 2.5 is better on my taste buds) this tea is delicious. It’s a mellow tea that you can taste the lemongrass here and there and the mint is subtle yet enough to provide a taste of Spring. It’s like Springtime in your cup. The first whiff brings memories of wandering beside a river in a meadow. Sweet, warm serenity… I love Tazo Zen!

Just fine, especially when my throat is dry and I feel like crap.

I don’t know why I love this so much. For me, it’s the perfect blend of lemongrass and green, plus it’s great with a slice of lemon and some honey when I have a cold.

The spearmint notes in this tea are very prominent. Initially, you’re overwelmed with mint with the first sip. Then, you’re greeted by notes of lemon, which leaves a faint aftertaste in your mouth. Very reminiscent of toothpaste, which I actually really like. This is definitely one of Tazo’s more popular teas, and I can see why. Very refreshing and light. This would be great in the summer, as an iced tea!

I first bought this tea for a camping trip in Joshua Tea because it was the only tea in the little grocery where we provisioned. It’s pretty good and it always reminds me of that trip. For some reason I can’t find this anywhere lately. I almost bought the really over priced cloth bags at Starbucks just to have some on hand. I like it with a little honey.

I don’t normally like mint flavoured tea but this one is pretty good. A nice smooth green tea, not to be steeped too long. 1-2 mins.

The lemongrass in this tea keeps the flavor bright.

This tea is a wonderful blend…mmmmmm!