Green Tea
Earth, Grass, Wood
Edit tea info Last updated by madametj

• “I'm house/dog sitting for my parents for the next week while they holiday in Whitby so that leaves me to finish some tea samples. I packed a large bag of random samples and it's hopefully enough to...” Read full tasting note
    KittyLovesTea 1082 tasting notes
  • “Friend gave my teenager a bag of this and he asked me to steep it for him; since I'm still trying to win him over to the tea side, I did so with great care to time, temp, and taste. Zen is...” Read full tasting note
    gmathis 1717 tasting notes
  • “Bazinga Sil! LOL! A student bought me a sampler packet of Tazo for a gift, awhile back. I put these out when I host tea parties for the Harp Society, & also for my students, etc, from time to...” Read full tasting note
    Terri HarpLady 2954 tasting notes
  • “Somehow I hit the sweet spot for this this morning: Recognizable as green tea, and both the spearmint and lemongrass were present. I was really liking the citrusy flavors this morning so this was...” Read full tasting note
    bluebelle 422 tasting notes

From Tazo

Select pan-fired green tea from Zhejiang province in China, artfully combined with lemongrass, spearmint and a hint of lemon essence. Zen’s distinct green tea flavor accented with lemon and mint is impossible to express with words. Best simply to experience its sweet, lingering aftertaste.

About Tazo View company

I first bought this tea for a camping trip in Joshua Tea because it was the only tea in the little grocery where we provisioned. It’s pretty good and it always reminds me of that trip. For some reason I can’t find this anywhere lately. I almost bought the really over priced cloth bags at Starbucks just to have some on hand. I like it with a little honey.

I don’t normally like mint flavoured tea but this one is pretty good. A nice smooth green tea, not to be steeped too long. 1-2 mins.

The lemongrass in this tea keeps the flavor bright.

This tea is a wonderful blend…mmmmmm!

This is an OK green, kind of bitter and bland. The mint feels strong to me, overpowering the lemongrass especially. In a pinch it’ll do, but not a personal favorite.

The best of their green tea offerings, Zen is a milder version of a Moroccan Mint, but the subtlety does well.

This has been my fallback tea for years, but lately it’s been tasting flat to me. I love the lemongrass, though. It’s definitely time to try new things!

since converting to loose leaf tea it is a rare thing that i drink tea steeped from tea bags anymore, but this tea is the exception. tazo can be a bit hit or miss… their earl grey does not have my loyalty, but this unexpected modern asian fusion is quite brilliant.

this tea has lemon, mint and green tea as the chief tonal contributers, and somehow it all works very well.

i add sugar and nothing else. the bags also make a very nice second and third cup, so it’s money well spent.

This was my favorite tea for years. Every morning I would sip on this and it would make things right in the world. Tazo recently changed their packaging of this product…it looks sweet! However, after brewing a bag in the new packages I discovered that not only has Tazo replaced the packaging but it changed the blend. Too much lemongrass…it’s nasty! I hope Tazo changes back soon…