Green Tea
Freshly Cut Grass, Lemongrass, Spearmint, Earth, Grass, Wood
Edit tea info Last updated by madametj

• “I'm house/dog sitting for my parents for the next week while they holiday in Whitby so that leaves me to finish some tea samples. I packed a large bag of random samples and it's hopefully enough to...” Read full tasting note
    KittyLovesTea 1154 tasting notes
  • “Friend gave my teenager a bag of this and he asked me to steep it for him; since I'm still trying to win him over to the tea side, I did so with great care to time, temp, and taste. Zen is...” Read full tasting note
    gmathis 1766 tasting notes
  • “Bazinga Sil! LOL! A student bought me a sampler packet of Tazo for a gift, awhile back. I put these out when I host tea parties for the Harp Society, & also for my students, etc, from time to...” Read full tasting note
    Terri HarpLady 3065 tasting notes
  • “Somehow I hit the sweet spot for this this morning: Recognizable as green tea, and both the spearmint and lemongrass were present. I was really liking the citrusy flavors this morning so this was...” Read full tasting note
    bluebelle 484 tasting notes

From Tazo

Select pan-fired green tea from Zhejiang province in China, artfully combined with lemongrass, spearmint and a hint of lemon essence. Zen’s distinct green tea flavor accented with lemon and mint is impossible to express with words. Best simply to experience its sweet, lingering aftertaste.

About Tazo View company

I don’t know why I love this so much. For me, it’s the perfect blend of lemongrass and green, plus it’s great with a slice of lemon and some honey when I have a cold.

The spearmint notes in this tea are very prominent. Initially, you’re overwelmed with mint with the first sip. Then, you’re greeted by notes of lemon, which leaves a faint aftertaste in your mouth. Very reminiscent of toothpaste, which I actually really like. This is definitely one of Tazo’s more popular teas, and I can see why. Very refreshing and light. This would be great in the summer, as an iced tea!

I first bought this tea for a camping trip in Joshua Tea because it was the only tea in the little grocery where we provisioned. It’s pretty good and it always reminds me of that trip. For some reason I can’t find this anywhere lately. I almost bought the really over priced cloth bags at Starbucks just to have some on hand. I like it with a little honey.

I don’t normally like mint flavoured tea but this one is pretty good. A nice smooth green tea, not to be steeped too long. 1-2 mins.

The lemongrass in this tea keeps the flavor bright.

This tea is a wonderful blend…mmmmmm!

This is an OK green, kind of bitter and bland. The mint feels strong to me, overpowering the lemongrass especially. In a pinch it’ll do, but not a personal favorite.

The best of their green tea offerings, Zen is a milder version of a Moroccan Mint, but the subtlety does well.

This has been my fallback tea for years, but lately it’s been tasting flat to me. I love the lemongrass, though. It’s definitely time to try new things!