Tazo Organic Chai Filterbag Tea

Black Chai Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Brandy

From Tazo

Tazo Organic Chai blends full-bodied, organically-grown Assam teas with aromatic spices from around the world. The malt and astrigency of the black tea is complemented by sweet cinnamon, spicy ginger, fragrant cardamom, star anise and cloves. Delicious served hot or iced.

About Tazo View company

This used to be my most favorite Chai, & I used to have a major chai addiction. I don’t drink Chai often now, & it’s just not the same without my old friend, french vanilla soy creamer. I gave up the creamer, & I just don’t drink very much chai now.

Dag Wedin

oh chai prepared with milk is just so good on a chilly afternoon :)

Terri HarpLady

yeah, I agree, but being allergic to milk sucks! Almond milk chai usually just doesn’t seem to cut it for me, I enjoyed that soy creamer, but it’s full of additives & sugar. Sometimes I used canned coconut milk, but rarely.

Dag Wedin

Aha. I understand. I to prefer to use natural ingredients, so many additives and artificial flavoring nowadays.

2068 tasting notes

Sipdown!! (199)

My friend who gave me the rooibos chai I had last night also gave me this tea. She told me it is her all-time favourite chai and was just so excited to finally be giving me tea that once again I couldn’t say no.

However, this cup is a whole lot of NO! It is licorice through and through and I am not a licorice fan. I won’t even waste putting milk in this to see if that helps. This is getting dumped and hopefully my friend doesn’t ask what I thought about it :S

Roswell Strange

Aww, that’s always disappointing :(

KiwiDelight

Oy. Good luck to you if she does ask :/

When you search “Tazo Chai” on here, WAY too many options come up! The one I had today was a standard tea bag.

I chose it because the water available for tea making was boiling hot, and I know this tea performs decently. And I chose well. It was really delicious. I got it after a ferry ride and before a walk! Added lots of milk (my tummy isn’t happy with me) and chugged it to help me get warm before heading out into the cold. There’s definitely some bias here because of it being quite chilly here, but I don’t mind. (Umm. -3C, I think? Not much compared to those of you in the Prairies, but weird enough for here.)

I think I took ~300 pictures today. What fun! And I’m pretty sure I got what I needed for holiday cards. Finally I found a holly tree with berries on it! I have at least 20 photos of bits of the tree. :)

Boiling 8 min or more

Not bad for bagged chai. Add milk and sweetener and you’ll be good to go. Saving this for when I’m too lazy to make my own :)

I’ve never had straight-up chai before and Monica has this soooo IT’S WORTH A SHOT.
I’ve had chai in blends and they’re soooo good. Wanted to try some without any additional flavours and YUM.

**Edit. Okay I drank it aaaaand I don’t think I’m a fan of like just chai. I like the chai blends, but just plain old chai turned out to be a bit bitter? I ended up just putting a lot of milk and sugar to try to fix it. I definitely need to get chai and play around with it more to like… make it good for my taste buds :)

Not bad. If you want a nice easy chai and don’t mind a bag, this is a good option.

Dark,creamy and smoky!
You can defiantly pick up notes of black pepper and cinnamon. I recommend steeping this strong and adding some evaporated milk because it turns really creamy like a Chai Latte.