Cocoa Mint Maté

Herbal Honeybush Yerba maté Blend
Cocoa, Herbs, Mint, Spearmint
Tea Bag
Edit tea info Last updated by teataku
Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 5 g 8 oz / 236 ml

• “This has a pleasantly subdued mint flavor; it's not a strong mint tea. The flavor notes beyond the mint are what subdued, but they're not clearly discernible to me. It's a stretch to find the...” Read full tasting note
    Jude 98 tasting notes
  • “Earthy, herbal, cool, and subtly sweet. The cocoa and mint flavors are very well balanced, and the honeybush gives it's signature very mild sweetness so this reminds me of a chocolate mint candy...” Read full tasting note
    Perettifreak 20 tasting notes
  • “This is the best tea bag maté I've had so far. It's still very mild, but with this one, that's easily fixed by adjusting the amount of water and tea bags. The taste is soothing, like a Girl's Scout...” Read full tasting note
    belle_reve 35 tasting notes
  • “This is not my style, but I didn't throw it out. For me, the cocoa is too understated and the mint too overbearing. I am not sure mint and cocoa are for me. I love the peppermint patty, but I hate...” Read full tasting note
    CelebriTea 129 tasting notes

From Tazo

This savory-sweet herbal infusion combines cocoa peel with peppermint, spearmint & maté.

About Tazo View company

This has a pleasantly subdued mint flavor; it’s not a strong mint tea. The flavor notes beyond the mint are what subdued, but they’re not clearly discernible to me. It’s a stretch to find the cocoa peel flavor, though it’s there in the fragrance and in the roundness of the flavor, but this isn’t a tea I’d reach for if I were looking for chocolate/cocoa, itself. The mate, meanwhile, is muted by the mint but it’s there.

Overall it’s a nice smooth tea and it could definitely grow on you if, like me, you’re not big on the brightness of mint tea, or if you enjoy bright mint teas but are looking for a little change-up of more complex, rounded flavor.

Looking forward to trying this iced this summer.

Earthy, herbal, cool, and subtly sweet. The cocoa and mint flavors are very well balanced, and the honeybush gives it’s signature very mild sweetness so this reminds me of a chocolate mint candy my grandmother used to always have when I was a child. Pleasant!

This is the best tea bag maté I’ve had so far. It’s still very mild, but with this one, that’s easily fixed by adjusting the amount of water and tea bags. The taste is soothing, like a Girl’s Scout thin-mint cookie and for the first time cocoa in tea actually has a satisfyingly prominent enough taste. Unlike other maté I’ve tasted, this one isn’t as loud and biting, but it’s still a satisfying taste.

I still prefer loose leaf maté- but I was moving this week and couldn’t exactly access my tea tins- so in a rush, this tea works really well. I don’t know if it’s worth the ridiculous price (with loose leaf you’d get a better deal too) but if you’re in a rush and need some energy, this is a good one for you. I was pleasantly surprised.

Flavors: Cocoa, Herbs, Mint, Spearmint

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 6 OZ / 177 ML

This is not my style, but I didn’t throw it out.
For me, the cocoa is too understated and the mint too overbearing.
I am not sure mint and cocoa are for me.
I love the peppermint patty, but I hate those chocolate mints they give away
at some restaurants and this is more along those lines.
Not my style, but I am glad to have tried it…not terrible…just not my style.

Boiling

Hey, a maté I actually really like?? Sweet!

I have been on the fence about maté in general for a while, but THIS tea is solidly in the “Love” category. :) I really appreciate that both spearmint and peppermint are present, because it just rounds out the minty experience. The chocolate and the roasted maté just complete each other so smoothly. Delicious!

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 10 OZ / 295 ML

The taste of chocolate is very faint, more like a sweetness. This just tastes like an ordinary sweet mint tea. Disappointed!

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 5 g 8 OZ / 236 ML

I like the light tingle on my tongue, though I find the cocoa a little cloying and oppressive on the rest of the flavors. But still: smooth, very drinkable.

Flavors: Cocoa, Mint

This is not “My cup of tea.” It surprised me in that I tasted a slight bitterness that I did not expect. The mints seemed to overwhelm and the cocoa lingered in the background. It is not something I would reach for.