Apricot Vanilla Creme

Natural Flavours, White Tea
Apricot, Creamy, Vanilla, Grass, Fruity
Tea Bag
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by sherapop

From Tazo

All Natural

A delicate tea with notions of fresh apricot and Tahitian vanilla.

Antioxidants within

Tazo® Vanilla Apricot White mixes prized Chinese tea buds plucked in the splendor of their youth, alluring hints of creamy Tahitian vanilla and notes of fresh, juicy apricots in a golden brew that positively glows in the cup. After a long sip, you may detect a certain glow in your aura as well. But that could just be the tea talking.

Did you know? In China, apricots symbolize health. In the 2nd century A.D., patients of Dr. Tung Fung could plant apricot trees to pay for his services, though referrals weren’t covered.

About Tazo View company

I could have sworn I reviewed this already…

I’m not a huge lover of Tazo teas in general, but when I saw a 20 filterbag box of this on clearance last month for $2.96(on a trip to the U.S.), I couldn’t resist giving it a try. As expected of a white tea, it has lightness to it; both in color and in taste, but the flavors of the tea, vanilla, and apricot are nicely balanced. The aroma is wonderfully fruity, and on several occasions it proved to be a good tea option for guests who are intimidated by my loose leaf collection.

For best results I don’t let the water get anywhere near the boiling point, otherwise I find it can turn bitter. I also have to be careful not to over-steep this one, which is one of my bad habits that I haven’t consistently dropped yet. What can I say…life is just too distracting.

I’m finishing this box today, which on one hand is a good thing, because I’m trying to finish off some of the odds and ends of tea before the big move in a few weeks, but if I see it at the clearance price again, I’ll have a hard time resisting a repurchase(I love clearance stuff). It’s a good convenient bagged tea, but on the down side it has some flaws: the tendency to go bitter when the steeping parameters are a little off; it tastes like a Spring/Summer tea, and won’t fare well in my cupboard year round; and it doesn’t resteep well. So I can happily resist buying this at full price.

So far I’ve been good(ish) with not buying more tea over the past few weeks, but sometimes I feel like I should be in a support group :P

I like apricot, and this one smells nice. I decided to try it as a cold- brew. It has a light, creamy fruit flavour. Most refreshing.

Iced

Incredible iced. Its sweet, clean, and bright. If I was to make iced tea for a party, I would stock up on this and it would be the talk of the town. Guaranteed.

Make it iced and you don’t think you’re drinking bagged tea.

Make it hot, though, and everything changes. The sweet, fresh apricot sweetness disappears and it gets muted and everything turns thin. That nice and clean mouthfeel that mixed so naturally with the flavors when cold, gets turned down and becomes boring. Unfortunate.

Cold brew and smile.

Make it hot and wrinkle your brow.

Iced 3 min, 15 sec

Another sample from The Cookie Lady! I’ve tried quite a lot from Tazo, but I don’t remember ever seeing this one before. (Maybe it’s discontinued?) Anyway, it’s lovely! I don’t notice the base tea at all, but the apricot flavor is spot-on. The vanilla is more subtle, but it definitely imparts a nice creamy mouth-feel to the blend. This is one of those teas that tastes like you added milk to it even though you didn’t. I would definitely drink this one again!

Flavors: Apricot, Creamy

Another surprise! It seems my grocery store has some good options (including some I’d never seen before yesterday, like this one). The white tea in this is actually the strongest flavor, with the sweet hay notes blending into the apricot seamlessly. The fruit is subtle but it enhances the base tea in a great way. The vanilla is more like an aftertaste, and it reminds me of whipped cream on a fruit dessert. Really good, especially for a brand I’d nearly given up on.

This was impressive! I had this on Thanksgiving morning while taking a break from cooking and was very pleasantly surprised by how good the apricot taste was! This is also one of those “creme” teas where the mouthfeel is actually quite thick and the tea in fact feels creamy. I liked this one quite a bit. Not to mention I got two good steeps out of the bag. I’m happy with this one :)

Flavors: Apricot, Creamy, Vanilla

I first got this tea in a tea swap on Ravelry. As soon as I tried it, I knew I had to get more. I went so far as to track down some online and ordered 5 boxes.

Flavors: Apricot, Vanilla

I bought this tea on a whim, just an hour ago, but now that I’ve tasted it, I have to go back and buy at least 5 more boxes. I’m purposely waiting a couple hours before I go back to the same store so I don’t look like a tea-obsessee(which, I most definitely am).
As with most white teas, if you brew this apricot vanilla creme tea hot, it will have a strange sour-ish, bitter, almost metallic-like (aluminum, to be precise) taste. I always avoid brewing white (and often, green, too) teas hot for this very reason.
My favorite way to enjoy this white tea is to simply place the bag in room-temperature water. The apricot flavor will infuse into the water within a few minutes, so you don’t have to brew this overnight. It’s a lovely treat at anytime of day with any meal. I’m currently on my 2nd cup of this tea with the same bag, and I suspect I can pull at least another 2-3 more cups (most likely, even more) as a coldbrew.

I like that this tea is both fruity and smooth. Very drinkable.

I like this tea. Not my favorite from Tazo, but it’s not bad and I enjoyed drinking it. It does have a bit of a bitter aftertaste considering it’s a white tea, and I think the name sounds better than the tea tastes (I picked up on a hint of the apricot, but couldn’t really taste the vanilla). For someone who’s used to Celestial Seasonings’ more vibrant vanilla flavor, that part was a bit of a letdown. However, this is still a wonderful late-afternoon relaxing tea that would be a great pairing with a good book. It doesn’t compare to a luxurious Fujian white tea but if I wasn’t looking for a dessert tea or a posh treat to serve to guests – just a nice afternoon tea to enjoy while I relaxed – this would not disappoint.

Flavors: Apricot, Grass