Apricot Vanilla Creme

Fruit White Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Anthony

From Tazo

All Natural

A delicate tea with notions of fresh apricot and Tahitian vanilla.

Antioxidants within

Tazo® Vanilla Apricot White mixes prized Chinese tea buds plucked in the splendor of their youth, alluring hints of creamy Tahitian vanilla and notes of fresh, juicy apricots in a golden brew that positively glows in the cup. After a long sip, you may detect a certain glow in your aura as well. But that could just be the tea talking.

Did you know? In China, apricots symbolize health. In the 2nd century A.D., patients of Dr. Tung Fung could plant apricot trees to pay for his services, though referrals weren’t covered.

About Tazo View company

I could have sworn I reviewed this already…

I’m not a huge lover of Tazo teas in general, but when I saw a 20 filterbag box of this on clearance last month for $2.96(on a trip to the U.S.), I couldn’t resist giving it a try. As expected of a white tea, it has lightness to it; both in color and in taste, but the flavors of the tea, vanilla, and apricot are nicely balanced. The aroma is wonderfully fruity, and on several occasions it proved to be a good tea option for guests who are intimidated by my loose leaf collection.

For best results I don’t let the water get anywhere near the boiling point, otherwise I find it can turn bitter. I also have to be careful not to over-steep this one, which is one of my bad habits that I haven’t consistently dropped yet. What can I say…life is just too distracting.

I’m finishing this box today, which on one hand is a good thing, because I’m trying to finish off some of the odds and ends of tea before the big move in a few weeks, but if I see it at the clearance price again, I’ll have a hard time resisting a repurchase(I love clearance stuff). It’s a good convenient bagged tea, but on the down side it has some flaws: the tendency to go bitter when the steeping parameters are a little off; it tastes like a Spring/Summer tea, and won’t fare well in my cupboard year round; and it doesn’t resteep well. So I can happily resist buying this at full price.

So far I’ve been good(ish) with not buying more tea over the past few weeks, but sometimes I feel like I should be in a support group :P

I like apricot, and this one smells nice. I decided to try it as a cold- brew. It has a light, creamy fruit flavour. Most refreshing.

Iced

Incredible iced. Its sweet, clean, and bright. If I was to make iced tea for a party, I would stock up on this and it would be the talk of the town. Guaranteed.

Make it iced and you don’t think you’re drinking bagged tea.

Make it hot, though, and everything changes. The sweet, fresh apricot sweetness disappears and it gets muted and everything turns thin. That nice and clean mouthfeel that mixed so naturally with the flavors when cold, gets turned down and becomes boring. Unfortunate.

Cold brew and smile.

Make it hot and wrinkle your brow.

Iced 3 min, 15 sec

This is the second Tazo tea I picked up. It was actually the smell of this that made me look more closely at the box… because it smelled so strongly of artificial orange candy that I suspected for a moment I’d misread completely.

Who writes this copy.

Who are you people.

This is the most ridiculous thing I’ve ever read. It’s so over-the-top pretentious it’s offensive. Also sucky, sucky prose; please enjoy this gem: “Explore lemongrass lawns, carpets of chamomile and the living history of your ancestors.” I guess someone graduated from Alliteration U summa cum laude. And whose ancestors would that be? Are they somehow connected to the great tradition of child slave labour on tea plantations? So lofty! So spiritual! Let’s all pose in First Nations headdresses and bindis together!

The tea is… not quite as bad as its product copy. The vile orange is mostly gone in the cup, but Tazo’s apricot flavouring leaves a lot to be desired. The promised vanilla is nowhere to be found and there is a weird, filmy aftertaste that makes me think of Tang powder.

Tazo, I think I have some random tea bags I’ve picked up here and there, but when I’m done with those, I’m done with you.

[Picked up at Whole Foods in NOLA, March 2014.]

Cavocorax

OMG. That is the most inane thing I’ve read. Wow.

Anna

Remember, Cavo, that each cup is a story, unfolding with every sip! I guess low-grade bagged tea is like a really really short story, then – like a haiku?

I offend your mouth
with my deceptive presence
of non-apricot

whatshesaid

Hilarious.

Veronica

I can’t stop laughing. I’m horrified and amused at the same time!

DeliriumsFrogs

Hahahahaha!!

MissLena

LOL thank you for this review, best part of my day so far :D

Anna

Haha, aw! Thanks, guys – you make it completely worth it drinking bad tea.

TeaExplorer

Thanks for stepping in front of the bullet on this one Anna. The Steepster community is in your debt. Also loved your tasting note. That was the best laugh I’ve had in days :D

mrmopar

Too funny!

Tea Pet

As someone who earns part of their living as a writer and writes content for teas on almost a monthly basis, thank you. Thank you, Anna. This is the funniest thing that I have read in weeks! XD Now, whenever I beat myself up over my writing ability, I will think about the ‘lemongrass lawns’ and ‘living history of my ancestors’ and ROLFCOPTER!!

I haven’t sampled many Tazo teas, but when I passed this one in the store, I just had to try it. I’m so glad I did, too!

The flavor and aroma is light and fruity. The apricot tastes natural and fresh and blends in well with the vanilla. This tea has a lot of depth, and I can’t imagine myself getting bored with it. It just tastes so wonderful!

I am fairly new to tea drinking, so bear that in mind as you read. I picked this up on impulse from Target, because it sounded like it would make a good iced tea, and it does. I cold steep this tea for between 8-12 hours, and use two tea bags for my 20 oz water bottle. It is very light and refreshing. I can taste both the vanilla and the apricot, and neither taste is artificial or overpowering. For a conveniently available and inexpensive white iced tea, this is a good choice.

I have also prepared it hot, and didn’t like it much – the flavors are so delicate that they basically disappeared. I might try again with a lower temperature to see if that helps, but I think I will mainly stick to having this cold.

Iced 8 min or more