Organic Peach Cobbler

High
Kosher, Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by Shae

2 Images

• “I finally dove into my Tazo order that I bought before they turned into Starbucks. Granted that was, uhh, almost 6 months ago ish, but I figured it was all sealed so I’d drink the stuff I had...” Read full tasting note
    Shadowfall 224 tasting notes
  • “I drank this on the way to work today. It wasn’t a BAD tea per se but I really did not get any peach flavor. It tasted like a slightly straight black loose black...” Read full tasting note
    Ellyn 230 tasting notes
  • “I’m not getting any hint of peach at all in the flavor of this tea, though it certainly smelled peachy while dry. Also, steeping for 5 minutes per the instructions on the bag was too long....” Read full tasting note
    silentrequiem 341 tasting notes
  • “Wow, this really does smell like peach cobbler! I’m actually pretty surprised. I can almost imagine my cup being filled with the sweet, syrupy peach filling. The taste is bitter as other...” Read full tasting note
    spharo 245 tasting notes

From Tazo

cinnamon + apple + peach

A delectable melange of black teas with peach notes, apple and cinnamon, with other natural flavors.

It’s summertime in here. Nap-in-the-grass, forget-where-your-shoes-are, peach juice-running-down-your-chin, pie-a-la-mode summertime. Steep yourself in the decadent sweetness of organic black teas (and worry about finding your shoes later).

INGREDIENTS
organic black teas, natural flavors, organic cinnamon, organic apple, organic natural flavors

Brewing Instructions
212°F – Bring fresh, filtered water to a boil.
8 fl oz – Pour water over the filterbag in your cup.
5 min – Let it steep. Wait patiently for perfection.

About Tazo View company

I finally dove into my Tazo order that I bought before they turned into Starbucks. Granted that was, uhh, almost 6 months ago ish, but I figured it was all sealed so I’d drink the stuff I had in my cupboard that wasn’t. These all have best by dates good until the end of this year, so I’m not worried about them going stale or something. Lol.
Anyway, this one smelled pretty good in the bag. Peachy, but also kinda strange. Might be the pu-erh in the blend. I’m not exactly sure.
Unfortunately this was a complete disaster to make. I made it twice and both times it’s essentially undrinkable to me because it turned out so bitter. The first time I didn’t exactly follow the package time for steeping. The package said 5 min, which for a black tea made me give it a dubious look, so I did 4 min @ 208*. I should’ve gone with my first instinct and did less because UGH! Horribly bitter, so much so that I didn’t take more than a small sip before pouring it out.
But I wasn’t about to give up so easily, especially not since I still had so much of it. Lol. So I heated some more water up, this time to 200* and only let it steep for 2 min. While it was still bitter, at least it was vaguely drinkable. I don’t really get much peach or apple taste out of it. Just mediocre black tea that’s bitter. It’s rather frustrating actually.

I’m not really sure what to do with this now. I’m tempted to try it one more time with much cooler water and maybe a minute steeping time, but then again, I’m not sure I should bother since it seems so finicky to me. I guess this tea just isn’t working for me.

TheTeaFairy

Mmmm at peach cobbler :-) boo for the tea :-(

I drank this on the way to work today. It wasn’t a BAD tea per se but I really did not get any peach flavor. It tasted like a slightly straight black loose black tea. On the scheme of things it was better then bad bagged tea but nothing super spectacular.

I tasted this tea out of the “Considering a new Traveling Tea Box” tea box.

I’m not getting any hint of peach at all in the flavor of this tea, though it certainly smelled peachy while dry. Also, steeping for 5 minutes per the instructions on the bag was too long. It’s slightly bitter.

I think this would be better steeped a shorter amount of time and with some sugar. I’ll have to experiment more.

Wow, this really does smell like peach cobbler! I’m actually pretty surprised. I can almost imagine my cup being filled with the sweet, syrupy peach filling. The taste is bitter as other notes have suggested, but I can also taste the sweet peach flavor and smell the cinnamon and spice.

I added cream but it’s not mixing as well as I would have liked. Also, the honey is overwhelming the flavors in the tea so next time I may try a different sweetener. Overall, this is an enjoyable cup. Quite the dessert experience.

Flavors: Bitter, Cinnamon, Peach, Spices, Sweet, Tannic

Boiling 8 OZ / 236 ML

I received this tea in swap which was interesting because I’ve never seen Tazo in loose leaf form. I decided that it sounded like a nice tea to make iced via cold steeping overnight for my graduation party. I went ahead and tasted it after I finished brewing it and realized that it’s a fantastic cold steeped tea. The black tea is mild like a sweet tea without sugar and the peach is quite nice, not too juicy with the small spice. I hope everyone else likes it tonight because I find it to be excellent as an iced tea.

teaqueen

All of Tazo’s blends are better iced than hot, I find.

Liquid Proust

That is probably correct. If you cold steep something it tends to be milder which helps a lot when some teas are a bit bitter when brewed hot. I find it interesting to compare hot versus cold steeping. My favorite is to cold steep rooibos teas because the warm woodsy taste disappears.

teaqueen

Interesting! I’ll definitely need to give that a try.

I got this because it seems summery. It smells very fruity and cinnamon-y in the dry bag.

Once I steeped it, I only got peach in the aftertaste. It was mostly a mediocre black base with a lot of apple and cinnamon.

Oh well.

masked185

I’ve had bad luck with fruit blends from big companies. Always seem to have a mediocre black base with a not very realistic fruity flavor. They seem to fair better when making it just a tisane.

teaqueen

I completely agree. Serves me right for trusting Starbuck’s with tea. They should stick to their overpriced and over-sweet chai lattes and their ridiculous coffee products. Lol

masked185

Haha very well said!

Shmiracles got this tea when we were at the beach, and it saved me most days from complete and utter dehydration. Still is. I cold brew a bag in an infuser bottle overnight, and then enjoy it while reading in the sun at lunchtime. Awesome. I think the peach flavor is really strong, and the scent, plus there’s apple & cinnamon. It’s really nice. I know what I’m going to be doing the rest of the summer…

sherapop

I like that the Tazo blends use natural flavoring, so even though the flavor may be strong, at least you know that it’s not a science experiment—with you as the guinea pig!!! lol

oddree

Yes, it’s not that fake sweet peach smell or taste – it’s the real deal. Don’t mess with peaches!!

PEACH for the BEACH!
Miami Beach vacation tea!
perfect choice let me tell you.
see, if you’re gonna lay on the beach and read your kindle you really need to make sure to drink enough water.
may as well take your empty plastic bottles of dasani and smart water and refill them…
- squeeze a tea bag through the spout
- fill the bottle with tap water
- put the lid back on and stash it in the hostel fridge next to the beer
- drink it for breakfast the next morning to stave off hangovers & beach dehydration alike!
- Win at Vacationing!
Oddree and i had a great time. i declare us to be a pro team for holidays.
pro. so very pro.

this tea was the best refreshing choice ever.
i’m gonna keep this habit up through the summertime. cheap teabagzzz!

Lala

So jealous! I wanr a beach vaca! Also, with your first pic, it took me a while to figure out it was two different people, I was like man, schmiracles got some weird legs. Ha ha. Enjoy!

Kaylee

Gorgeous pictures!

carol who

Lucky you!

TheTeaFairy

So happy for you, great pictures!

I am a pu-erh gringo, so only complex blends so far. This one from Tazo, Peach Cobbler, promises a delectable sweet peach cobbler experience—at least judging from the scent of the dried tea!

The prepared product is another thing altogether. Without cream, I find the dark amber brew a bit overwhelming. I’m not sure whether this should be a cause for complaint, however, because what I find most dominant of all is the intense flavor of pu-erh! This makes me wonder whether some of the negative ratings on this tea are coming from people for whom, like me, pu-erh lies fairly far from their tea comfort zone.

I’m a big fan of green and black teas, but my experience with pu-erh is so limited that I cannot really say that this is a bad tea, since I do think that it tastes like pu-erh. It does not taste very much like peach cobbler—or peach, or even fruit—but with cream it is a not unappealing dark blend.

I’ll definitely be drinking this one again (I have the rest of a 2 ounce package), as training wheels to unadulterated pu-erh. Whether I’ll ever graduate to a two-wheeler remains to be seen.

Flavors: Peach

from The Traveling Tea Box

So I managed to find a black tea, pu’erh blend after that last green. I really like the subtle peach flavor. It’s not like a cobbler, nothing doughy or vanilla-like but just peachy. A perfect hint of flavor for a black tea. Have to keep this one.