Flowering Honeybush

Fruit Honeybush Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Short Sorceress
Boiling 8 min or more

1 Tasting Note View all

• “Honeybush is one of those strange non-tea teas about which I'm somewhat ambivalent (along with rooibos). This blend, Tazo Flowering Honeybush, jazzes the honeybush up with chunks of dried fruit:...” Read full tasting note
    Shera Pop 508 tasting notes

From Tazo

An endearingly sweet herbal infusion with fruit & floral notes.

Ingredients:Honeybush, apple pieces, papaya pieces, blackberry leaves, natural flavors, peach pieces.

About Tazo View company

1 Tasting Note

Honeybush is one of those strange non-tea teas about which I’m somewhat ambivalent (along with rooibos). This blend, Tazo Flowering Honeybush, jazzes the honeybush up with chunks of dried fruit: apple, papaya, and peach, plus blackberry leaves and some flavoring. The overall effect is, predictably, a somewhat fruity honeybush.

I have a feeling that this might be very good with sugar, which could augment and enhance the fruitiness. However, that’s a line which I prefer not to cross, since I prefer to drink my tisanes unsweetened. I also hate artificial sweeteners. Instead, I’ll just drink the rest of this packet au naturel and probably not purchase it again.

Honeybush blends often seem pretty interchangeable to me, so I’d rather try some others than stick with this one. It’s perfectly fine, but not very exciting or memorable—not something I positively look forward to drinking. I acquired 4 ounces of this loose-leaf herbal blend during the November half-price sale at Starbucks. It was a good opportunity to test out a bunch of their more obscure loose leaf offerings. All are from Tazo, but not readily available anywhere else, as far as I can tell.

The burnt-orange color of this brewed infusion is beautiful!

Boiling 8 min or more