Jasmine Yin Hao

Green Tea
Jasmine Special Grade Green Tea
Jasmine
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by sherapop

1 Tasting Note View all

• “Somehow I went two days without drinking either green tea or jasmine! I decided that I needed to rectify the deficiency on both counts and so brewed up a pot of Tazo Jasmine Yin-Hao right after...” Read full tasting note
    Shera Pop 1363 tasting notes

From Tazo

Fine Chinese green tea scented with the essence of freshly cut jasmine flowers.

Yin-Hao, literally “silver-tipped,” is a premium jasmine-scented green. Newly plucked leaves mingle with blooming jasmine, meeting a total of five times until the delicate balance of scent and flavor is perfected. This intricate perfuming process results in a tea with light body and astringency leading to a sweet, floral and slightly vegetative finish.

About Tazo View company

1 Tasting Note

Somehow I went two days without drinking either green tea or jasmine! I decided that I needed to rectify the deficiency on both counts and so brewed up a pot of Tazo Jasmine Yin-Hao right after lunch. I don’t usually drink jasmine with a meal, but since I ate only a bagel it seemed compatible.

The liquor of this good-quality jasmine green tea is light gold veering green. I brewed this floral-scented tea a bit stronger than usual, with 5.2 grams for a two-glass tetsubin. The pot is said to hold 20 ounces, but in my experience, it really produces about 17 ounces of tea.

The flavor is smooth and rather floral—naturally! I think that I may prefer jasmine dragon pearls to Yin Hao, but I’ll have to try out some other versions before I can know for sure. I also may have slightly overleafed this pot.

I always look forward to the second infusion of jasmine teas, since they tend to offer a completely different—far more green—experience…

(Blazing New Rating #72)