Jasmine Yin Hao

Green Tea
Jasmine Special Grade Green Tea
Floral, Jasmine
Edit tea info Last updated by sherapop

From Tazo

Fine Chinese green tea scented with the essence of freshly cut jasmine flowers.

Yin-Hao, literally “silver-tipped,” is a premium jasmine-scented green. Newly plucked leaves mingle with blooming jasmine, meeting a total of five times until the delicate balance of scent and flavor is perfected. This intricate perfuming process results in a tea with light body and astringency leading to a sweet, floral and slightly vegetative finish.

About Tazo View company

This tea smells so perfect, like honeysuckle. I can’t wait to drink it. I received this sample from Flyawaybirdie – thanks so much :)- but I haven’t drunk any jasmine teas in a while. I thought I wanted black tea, but now that I’ve brewed this green tea, I don’t know why I actually waited so long to drink it. Jasmine green tea is one of my favorites.

I might have brewed this a bit too much. It seems to get bitter easier than dragon pearls. I don’t make the tea often, but I do know that adding a bit of brown sugar and milk makes it taste amazing. A tea shop would use it for their bubble tea, and you could also get it iced.

I put some milk in it… nope, bad idea. I guess I’ll still drink it. It’s a pretty good tea. I haven’t bought any jasmine green teas yet, simply because I feel like jasmine pearls accomplish the same thing. I like this enough, though. I don’t know if I would buy it, but if I did have it, then I would definitely share it with friends. I think it’s a much more palatable tea for those just trying tea for the first time, especially green tea.

I think I’ll make some more.

Flavors: Floral, Jasmine

Brown sugar… I had never considered that in jasmine green tea before. Hm…

Somehow I went two days without drinking either green tea or jasmine! I decided that I needed to rectify the deficiency on both counts and so brewed up a pot of Tazo Jasmine Yin-Hao right after lunch. I don’t usually drink jasmine with a meal, but since I ate only a bagel it seemed compatible.

The liquor of this good-quality jasmine green tea is light gold veering green. I brewed this floral-scented tea a bit stronger than usual, with 5.2 grams for a two-glass tetsubin. The pot is said to hold 20 ounces, but in my experience, it really produces about 17 ounces of tea.

The flavor is smooth and rather floral—naturally! I think that I may prefer jasmine dragon pearls to Yin Hao, but I’ll have to try out some other versions before I can know for sure. I also may have slightly overleafed this pot.

I always look forward to the second infusion of jasmine teas, since they tend to offer a completely different—far more green—experience…

(Blazing New Rating #72)