Tazo® Joy™ Full Leaf Tea

Black Green Oolong Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by iamsuperpea

• “My boss bought me a tin of this for the holidays, which was very sweet of her. I tried a bag today at work. The ingredients looked interesting but nothing really holiday-ish about them. Maybe I'm...” Read full tasting note
    jeweledthumb 240 tasting notes
  • “For some reason, I could not muster up the motivation to go out today, so instead I stayed home and decided to give the sachet form of Tazo Joy a try. The last time I made some of this tea, I...” Read full tasting note
    Shera Pop 522 tasting notes
  • “Well... I tried this tea again. This tea is a very tricky one to brew. I followed the instructions on the back, but it said boiling water. I think next time I'll brew it for green tea brewing...” Read full tasting note
    tuscanteal 130 tasting notes

From Tazo

Tazo® Joy™ Full Leaf Tea is a festive, full-leaf tea blending rare Darjeelings and Oolongs with fragrant Nuwara Eliya teas from Ceylon. Green teas from China and Assam black teas from India add further texture and complexity to a fine tea that’s a joy to share with friends – or to enjoy yourself.

About Tazo View company

My boss bought me a tin of this for the holidays, which was very sweet of her. I tried a bag today at work. The ingredients looked interesting but nothing really holiday-ish about them. Maybe I’m imagining things, but I swear this tasted slightly peachy but the description on here doesn’t mention it and the tin is at work. It’s nice, but not especially interesting or season appropriate. Still, a nice gesture certainly.

Nekojanai

Even though i’m away from my tin as well, i’m like 98% sure it says it has peach notes in it, too! So you’re spot on.

For some reason, I could not muster up the motivation to go out today, so instead I stayed home and decided to give the sachet form of Tazo Joy a try. The last time I made some of this tea, I believe that I used a filter bag, and the result was a bit disappointing. It did not really match my positive memory of the blend from a few years back.

Today, however, I was very happy with the full-leaf sachet brewed cups. To avoid the unpleasant bitterness, I was meticulous about steep time, and I also used a bit cooler water than I had used before. The same sachet was infused in rapid succession for the two steeps, each for only about two minutes, and both were very good. The first infusion was a bit darker brown, and the second a bit more orange in color, but the flavor of both brews was very good.

From now on, I’ll make sure to follow this short-steep method. Two minutes is long enough to get a nice taste of all of the various teas in this blend, Assam, Darjeeling, Green, and Oolong! The only thing missing is pu-ehr! I feel that the darjeeling is the most dominant, but the blend is definitely enhanced by all of the teas included.

I have to say that the Tazo sachets are generously filled and should be viewed as the tea equivalent to two filterbags. The green tea sachets and this one of Joy are both perfectly adequate for two large cups of tea—today I used 11 ounce double-walled Bodum glasses.

Well… I tried this tea again. This tea is a very tricky one to brew. I followed the instructions on the back, but it said boiling water. I think next time I’ll brew it for green tea brewing instructions. Such a tricky one to steep. Honestly I don’t taste or smell anything fantastic in this one. I don’t smell joy or Christmas or anything from this. Just black tea. I don’t really get why this is a seasonal tea either.

I think I will have to revisit this one again and hopefully, once steeped differently will jump out at me. I can’t decide if this is a milk tea, milk and sugar, straight… all in all the trio of leaves just make me thing this is too much going on. I have a whole tin of sachets left, so I guess I will be giving this a try again, but right now I just don’t see what all the “joy” is about this tea.