Calm Chamomile

Herbal Tea
Blackberry Leaves, Chamomile, Hibiscus Flowers, Lemongrass, Peppermint, Rose Petals, Spearmint
Floral, Mint, Spearmint, Honey, Lemon, Drying, Flowers, Hibiscus, Grass, Herbs, Licorice, Sweet, Wood
Tea Bag
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by minta

From Tazo

“Rose petals swept away by a whiff of peppermint wind graze lemongrass lawns and lemon balm buttresses. Landing gently on a carpet of chamomile, they weightlessly wait to be steeped into your cup of serenity.”

Ingredients: chamomile flowers, hibiscus, flowers, spearmint leaves, rose petals, lemongrass, blackberry leaves, color (turmeric, riboflavin), peppermint leaves, sarsaparilla root, lemon balm leaf, licorice root, natural flavor.

About Tazo View company

This is my least favorite chamomile tea that I’ve come across. Maybe I’m just a purist, but I prefer only chamomile in a chamomile tea. This tea has a woody, spicy flavor to it that I do not enjoy.

sherapop

It’s really missing that specific chamomile character, in my opinion. I agree with you: it’s more woody than floral.

I get this whenever I go to Starbucks and I have to say it’s the best tasting chamomile I’ve had yet. Deliciously apply and soothing with an almost floral taste.

People in other houses always have what I feel to be weird tea selections, and then seem confused by them.

I asked my aunt what non-caffeinated tea she had, and she dug out this and some lemon zinger, shrugging at me. “I guess this is it,” she said.

It’s… your… house? Don’t you have your tea cupboard of three teas memorized?

It’s possible she just keeps it on hand for guests. This is how I am about coffee (I keep some Folgers and a cheap-ass coffee pot on hand), so I get it. Maybe she’s not a tea person.

Anyway, this was a really nice tea. It tasted a lot like Sleepytime Tea. Chamomile was the leader of the party, with some nice flowers, too.

It might have helped me fall asleep, except the house had no air conditioning and my dog was allowed to share a bed with me. He kept huffing around, wiggling, and shuffling. Oh, and he hogged the bottom of the bed. Somehow. He’s 30 pounds. Between his relentless, shifty bed-hoggery and sweat oozing from my skin, I got maybe four hours of sleep.

BUT SO CUTE:

I’m willing to forgive.

Tastes like chamomile tea. Nothing special, but good to calm down with after three cups of caffeinated stuff.

If you use an individual teabag, this chamomile tea is quite weak and watery. I like this tea when I steep it using two tea bags, and I leave them to soak for quite a while so the water absorbs as much of the subtle flavours as possible. When done this way, I really like the herbal aroma of the tea, and the taste is quite noticeable, yet soothing at each sip. I do like my tea strong, so the two-teabag method is the only way I can drink this tea, but I think that it is worth it. It helps me relax and enjoy a warm beverage before bed.

Boiling 8 min or more 4 tsp 10 OZ / 295 ML

This tea is pretty meh. I have a much better chamomile blend at home, but when I’m working this is the best tea they have available (and when you’re working for Guest Services, something calming is always best).

It does indeed calm you, but it doesn’t have a particularly strong taste of anything to it. This is definitely a light tea, and it takes about five minutes to brew it to my liking. The tea sachet itself is a pretty decent quality— I don’t find floating dust at the bottom of my cup like I do with most very cheap teas— but the flavor is overall lacking.

To describe it, I’d say it has a minty smell and initial taste, with the aftertaste being just a whiff of chamomile. The initial minty taste’s intensity if drastically cut by being mixed with the chamomile, though.

Flavors: Floral, Mint, Spearmint

I love this tea! Since I first tried it I have been drinking it often before bed, it’s one of my go to teas for the evening now.

Dry, it smells most strongly of mint and lemon.

Steeped, it smells, sweet, floral, honey.

I recommend this tea sweetened with honey, and is also good with milk.

I usually like my teas stronger so I add another bag or use les water, especially when adding milk.

Flavors: Floral, Honey, Lemon

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 g

I’m confused. My co-worker brought some sachets of this to work in a tin and I have been enjoying about one cup a week. The enjoyment part is what is puzzling to me.

I wouldn’t say I get anything from this tea. It isn’t particularly calming or comforting and comes off rather flat. Chamomile seems to be competing. Leaves a dry taste in my mouth

Flavors: Drying, Flowers, Hibiscus

190 °F / 87 °C 4 min, 15 sec 6 OZ / 177 ML

I was surprised when I opened the bag and smelled mint first and foremost. I’ve had this tea before, but it’s been so long that I guess I forgot it had mint. It isn’t a menthol smell like I’ve had in other teas recently but more of a sweet mint.

This is very good. I can taste the chamomile but the mint also adds a little something extra. I don’t really taste the other ingredients (hibiscus, rose, sarsaparilla, licorice) but only chamomile with a bit of mint. It’s a good combination and a nice change from a basic chamomile.

Flavors: Mint

200 °F / 93 °C 8 min or more 8 OZ / 236 ML

A balanced and soothing blend with just a hint of sweetness. Ideal for winding down after a long and busy day or as a comforting drink when you feel down.

Flavors: Flowers, Grass, Herbs, Licorice, Sweet, Wood