Calm Chamomile

Herbal Tea
Blackberry Leaves, Chamomile, Hibiscus Flowers, Lemongrass, Peppermint, Rose Petals, Spearmint
Mint, Flowers, Grass, Herbs, Licorice, Sweet, Wood
Tea Bag
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by minta

• “This is my least favorite chamomile tea that I've come across. Maybe I'm just a purist, but I prefer only chamomile in a chamomile tea. This tea has a woody, spicy flavor to it that I do not enjoy.” Read full tasting note
    ari_pepper 3 tasting notes
  • “I get this whenever I go to Starbucks and I have to say it's the best tasting chamomile I've had yet. Deliciously apply and soothing with an almost floral taste.” Read full tasting note
    Kinsa 96 tasting notes
  • “I was surprised when I opened the bag and smelled mint first and foremost. I've had this tea before, but it's been so long that I guess I forgot it had mint. It isn't a menthol smell like I've...” Read full tasting note
    spharo 57 tasting notes
  • “A balanced and soothing blend with just a hint of sweetness. Ideal for winding down after a long and busy day or as a comforting drink when you feel down.” Read full tasting note
    minta 12 tasting notes

From Tazo

“Rose petals swept away by a whiff of peppermint wind graze lemongrass lawns and lemon balm buttresses. Landing gently on a carpet of chamomile, they weightlessly wait to be steeped into your cup of serenity.”

Ingredients: chamomile flowers, hibiscus, flowers, spearmint leaves, rose petals, lemongrass, blackberry leaves, color (turmeric, riboflavin), peppermint leaves, sarsaparilla root, lemon balm leaf, licorice root, natural flavor.

About Tazo View company

This is my least favorite chamomile tea that I’ve come across. Maybe I’m just a purist, but I prefer only chamomile in a chamomile tea. This tea has a woody, spicy flavor to it that I do not enjoy.

sherapop

It’s really missing that specific chamomile character, in my opinion. I agree with you: it’s more woody than floral.

I get this whenever I go to Starbucks and I have to say it’s the best tasting chamomile I’ve had yet. Deliciously apply and soothing with an almost floral taste.

I was surprised when I opened the bag and smelled mint first and foremost. I’ve had this tea before, but it’s been so long that I guess I forgot it had mint. It isn’t a menthol smell like I’ve had in other teas recently but more of a sweet mint.

This is very good. I can taste the chamomile but the mint also adds a little something extra. I don’t really taste the other ingredients (hibiscus, rose, sarsaparilla, licorice) but only chamomile with a bit of mint. It’s a good combination and a nice change from a basic chamomile.

Flavors: Mint

200 °F / 93 °C 8 min or more 8 OZ / 236 ML

Flavors: Flowers, Grass, Herbs, Licorice, Sweet, Wood

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 g 10 OZ / 300 ML

Warm and mild, perfect for when I have a cold, or any time I need a soothing tea.

I drank a cup of this over at Tony’s a little while ago. It’s not my favorite chamomile type tea, but has a certain relaxing quality to it.

TheTeaFairy

Are you feeling a little better?

Terri HarpLady

I am feeling much better, thank you! Good thing too, cuz I have to leave the house at 9am to go play a wedding! :)

gmathis

I have to doctor this one up to like it much—a cinnamon stick works pretty well.

Terri HarpLady

GG, I always use 2 teabags, :)

I gave this Calm tea bag from Tazo a very low rating when brewed hot. However, I just discovered that it tastes remarkably good cold! I’m on a mission to turn all of my filter bags into iced tea before the end of this summer, and I was wondering what a cold chamomile blend would taste like. These white-enveloped bags were near the top of my hit list, since I knew that I’d never drink them hot again. This was their last chance.

To my surprise, the blend tastes like a second cousin to Zen, which I also prefer iced to hot. This experiment gives me renewed hope about the possibility of using the teas in my cupboard which I simply do not reach for except maybe to write a review—once or twice. it’s funny because the flavor of this infusion tastes the same to me—but somehow it does not seem boring and flat at this temperature.

I am increasing my rating, but I still won’t be restocking once this supply has been depleted.

Iced 8 min or more

First off, the packaging recommends to steep it for 5 minutes but if you steep for only five, you don’t get that much flavor at all generally so it’s greatly recommended to steep it for a time more around 10 minutes so the flavors are really brought to the surface and you can taste each and every interacting herb a lot greater, otherwise this tea falls kind of flat.

However, that out of the way, this tea has a very pleasant and relaxing flavor. The chamomile brings in a nice, strong but balanced, calming flavor that can really put you to ease as all of the other herbs give it a earthy background. The aroma is just amazing as well. This is one of my favorite teas after a long day to unwind with. The tea can really give you a calmed state of mind if you kick back and relax to some music with it or do whatever your favorite past-time may be while sipping this.

Boiling 8 min or more