Peachy Green

Black Fruit Green Blend
Peach
Edit tea info Last updated by lampbane

• “I hadn't heard about Tazo tea before my adorable A.C gave me some samples for my trip back to Sweden. This is my first try of Peachy Green and my feelings are mixed. For someone that doesn't like...” Read full tasting note
    TinaPJohansson 24 tasting notes
  • “I did score some tea when I was in NOLA. Two kinds of Tazo from Whole Foods, three loose leafs from a local tea shop, and one bag of Intelligentsia's jasmine (at O'Hare, but it counts). This is the...” Read full tasting note
    annapocalyptic 300 tasting notes
  • “i wanted to like this one and i thought i would, since it's green tea with peach! i love fresh peaches & peach flavoring, and since i have a bunch of straight greens on hand i thought i'd try a...” Read full tasting note
    pyarkaaloo 113 tasting notes
  • “It smells good, peachy a light sent of green... I am not to sold on the taste. This tea is a blend of black and green tea so achieving the right brew temp has been hard for me, this tea will get...” Read full tasting note
    Kateweb 2 tasting notes

From Tazo

Product description not available yet.

About Tazo View company

I hadn’t heard about Tazo tea before my adorable A.C gave me some samples for my trip back to Sweden. This is my first try of Peachy Green and my feelings are mixed.
For someone that doesn’t like strong tea or perhaps want something light to combine with milk and sugar, I think this one would be a quite good suggestion. But for someone who loves tea with lots of flavors and strong scents and tastes, this is nothing to recommend.
This one is light in its taste. I can’t smell so much scents when you smell it either. Just a small scent of peach and grass.
Perhaps this is a good ice tea or good to combine with ginger cookies? hmm. This one is difficult… I have tree samples left so I have a few more times to experiment. Let’s see if I can make this one work in some way.

180 °F / 82 °C 3 min, 0 sec 8 OZ / 250 ML

I did score some tea when I was in NOLA. Two kinds of Tazo from Whole Foods, three loose leafs from a local tea shop, and one bag of Intelligentsia’s jasmine (at O’Hare, but it counts). This is the first Tazo – I figured it would be nice to have some easily drunk bagged greens for travel, so this was an experiment.

These are not so ideal for travel, though – the little envelopes are paper, which always irks me. Paper is fine as long as there’s also an outer layer of plastic – however pointless and wasteful – but I do prefer just plastic. (Kusmi have it down for sure; great, pretty plastic envelopes, and really lovely tea bags inside.) In addition, with a recommended steeping temperature of 80 degrees C, this is a little too finicky for travel water.

In the bag, this smells of nothing. Steeped, this also smells of nothing. Possibly a slight whiff of cucumber, but it’s more reminiscent of zucchini, seeing as I so rarely come across warm cucumber. Flavour wise, I don’t get any peach whatsoever, only a somewhat fishy vegetal flavour presence that doesn’t really linger. I assumed this would be a plain green (you know, with a name like ‘Peachy Green’, but clearly I’m just not paranoid enough) but it is, in fact a green-black blend. This would explain the slight fishiness, if nothing else.

This isn’t unpalatable, but mostly because it just doesn’t have enough flavour to have personality. It’s fairly unoffensive and definitely something I will try to cold steep, or drink with food. However, it’s quite far from the perfect, peachy green travel tea I was looking for.

ETA: When it cools, it acquires a round sweetness that is quite pleasing and does carry some small peachy note. +5

[Picked up at Whole Foods in NOLA, March 2014.]

Courtney

Were you specifically looking for a straight green? I love Bangkok from H&S, and I’ve had the bagged version too, and I found it great. It even held up to a resteep. It’s also called “Green Tea with Coconut & Ginger” for the bagged form on their website. :)

Anna

No, a straight peachy green! Because PEACH.

I’ve only had one tea from H&S so far (the loathsome Queen) but Kat_Maria included at least one for me to try in our swap, and I’m excited to learn more about their products. I honestly have no idea where to find them around here, but I will keep my eyes open, in case that coconut & ginger is lurking somewhere – thanks for the suggestion!

Courtney

Haha of course. Peach. Peach is not my forte for teas. I do really enjoy H&S flavoured greens. More so than any of their other teas I’ve tried. I know here, Chapters carries some flavours. Maybe something similar there?

TeaBrat

I don’t mind paper tea bags. you can put them in a reusable ziploc bag.

Anna

They only seem to have the one distributore esclusivo and what they offer is this: http://www.luiespresso.com/en/our-tea/harney-sons-tea/

But hey – that’s a jasmine! (Also, ‘pomograte’, hehe.)

Anna

TB: Yeah, but that means an additional bag in my bag in my bag, and all this… to hold a bag. Not for travel.

i wanted to like this one and i thought i would, since it’s green tea with peach! i love fresh peaches & peach flavoring, and since i have a bunch of straight greens on hand i thought i’d try a fruity one. plus, i also had a great experience with Tazo’s other fruity green offering, Decaf Lotus Blossom.

this one is a letdown.

it has a somewhat ashy green tea base (not sure which one is used) that got bitter very quickly! in fact, it is so bitter now after having cooled, i’m not sure i can finish my cup. i’m not entirely sure if i’d write this one off as undrinkable as i think i should adjust my steeping parameters from 3 to 2 minutes and let it infuse in considerably cooler water next time, just to be sure.

for me, the only redeeming quality about this tea is that the aroma is definitely better when cooled & the peach opens up more, but it is soo bitter! ack.

Flavors: Peach

Flowery

If you’re looking for peachy green, I’ve been enjoying American Tea Room’s Immortal Green quite a bit lately. I wouldn’t call it a super fresh peach taste, but it’s delightful and occasionally with a brown sugar note.

pyarkaaloo

thank you so much for your recommendation :) sounds lovely, will check it out. also, +1 for a brown sugar note!

It smells good, peachy a light sent of green… I am not to sold on the taste. This tea is a blend of black and green tea so achieving the right brew temp has been hard for me, this tea will get bitter fast even in a lower temperature brew.

I like to drink this in the middle of the day because it’s only lightly sweet, and moderately caffeinated.

Flavors: Peach