Awake- Filterbag

Malt
Edit tea info Last updated by KallieBoo!

• “Had this one again this morning, and I'm lowering the rating a bit. It seems I was a bit overzealous in my first review. Or maybe I had just been deprived a good breakfast tea for so long I forgot...” Read full tasting note
    lovingmy4babies 71 tasting notes
  • “Sitting in Starbucks, having my first bit of tea in months. I got out of the tea habit when it got hot and combined with my complete inability to make iced tea, well, means no good tea for me. ...” Read full tasting note
    Starfevre 501 tasting notes
  • “K Cup version I like the K Cup version better than the bag. It's really intense...bold...robust! Leaves a bit of an aftertaste but a nice tea offering for K Cups if you are up for a very...” Read full tasting note
    teaequalsbliss 6770 tasting notes
  • “I like this tea because when I forget about it, it doesn't go bitter. The flavors are pretty decent for a bagged tea. Malty, dark chocolatey, sweet, rich. This is a tea I will ALWAYS have in my...” Read full tasting note
    kalmal 746 tasting notes

From Tazo

About Tazo View company

I got a box of this as a gift and oh god it’s so terrible. I can barely manage to finish a cup in one go. I find it makes a decent base for chai if you have loose spices, but on its own, it’s much too harsh and bitter and just terrible. I finally finished the last cup of it today but I plan on never, ever touching this again. When I drank it today, I immediately realized why I’d tried to avoid it for so long. It tasted like the water was just too metallic— there is really not much of the characteristic “black tea” taste here, at all.

I did find it was a little better lukewarm than hot, but that’s not a sign of good tea, to me. This might make a decent iced but I don’t care to find out. The points here are that it is, eventually, drinkable, and that it’s not totally gross. Also that it might make decent iced tea. But really…other than that? It has absolutely nothing going for it.

A breakfast tea of boldness, depth and character, invigorating any time of the day. This eye-opening black tea blend has a full, rich flavor, with hints of dark caramel, malt and black cherries. Perfect with milk. This is a great breakfast or mid morning tea.

Refreshing, crisp black tea. I prefer lightly iced and with sugar. Could taste the fruit.

Iced 5 min, 0 sec

I needed some caffeine. Didn’t add any sugar, should have.

I think I got this one figured out finally. I lowered the steeping time by about 1 minute. This time it did not have the harsh, bitter, in your face taste it had the first time I tried it. I used the same amount of sugar, but did add a splash of whole milk (thanks to my 2 year old daughter) and this now is one of my go to teas when I don’t have the space or time for loose leaf tea.

I’m never very impressed with Tazo teas, but I have a gift box that I need to go through,lol
Normally when I order this from Starbucks it is too bitter for me to drink.
Today I steeped it at home for only about a minute and it’s actually pretty drinkable:-)
Not my favorite black tea, but it will do.

Certainly not the best tea out there, but for something fairly commonly stocked in supermarkets it’s reasonable if you like a strong tea. This is the kind of thing I buy so I can throw a couple of bags into my backpack so I’m not at the mercy of whatever tasteless bags they have in the school cafe when I need a caffeine hit.

Where it really shines for me is as an iced tea, where the strength gives it a pleasant briskness that I find quite refreshing on a hot day.

Seems a bit blah today, but it’s nice and warm drink for a rainy day.

180 °F / 82 °C

Tried this morning. Not that impressed. It didn’t have the bold, wake-you-up flavor I remember.

Nothing special. Usually fairly tasteless in my opinion. Shame starbucks carries this stuff.