Awake- Filterbag

Malt
Edit tea info Last updated by KallieBoo!

• “Had this one again this morning, and I'm lowering the rating a bit. It seems I was a bit overzealous in my first review. Or maybe I had just been deprived a good breakfast tea for so long I forgot...” Read full tasting note
    lovingmy4babies 71 tasting notes
  • “Sitting in Starbucks, having my first bit of tea in months. I got out of the tea habit when it got hot and combined with my complete inability to make iced tea, well, means no good tea for me. ...” Read full tasting note
    Starfevre 501 tasting notes
  • “K Cup version I like the K Cup version better than the bag. It's really intense...bold...robust! Leaves a bit of an aftertaste but a nice tea offering for K Cups if you are up for a very...” Read full tasting note
    teaequalsbliss 6770 tasting notes
  • “I like this tea because when I forget about it, it doesn't go bitter. The flavors are pretty decent for a bagged tea. Malty, dark chocolatey, sweet, rich. This is a tea I will ALWAYS have in my...” Read full tasting note
    kalmal 746 tasting notes

From Tazo

A breakfast tea of boldness, depth and character, invigorating any time of the day. This eye-opening black tea blend has a full, rich flavor, with hints of dark caramel, malt and black cherries. Perfect with milk.

About Tazo View company

I wasn’t really fond of blends when Starbucks started carrying Tazo. But this morning my wife and I shared a cup of AWAKE at a hotel in Pismo, and it’s pretty good! It’s a nice blend of black teas with an earthy-fruity bouquet. I detect oil of bergamot. But it gets bitter, so lower temps should work better.

Revolt

Guess what. Starbucks, in the next couple weeks here, is going to all loose leaf teas!

DragonWell

Nice! It’s about time. I look forward to it. But I look forward to us opening a coffee/tea house together.

This is the first tea that I drank that got me hooked on tea. I bought it at a Starbucks, for more than I should have paid for it, and was instantly surprised. Great taste, good mixture of milk and sugar (though I prefer honey). I loved it. Although I still like a good cup of coffee (preferably Starbucks) I am a tea guy now!

I like this tea! It really gives me a kickstart. The blend of tea works well and I like drinking it plain or with dairy. If you need some caffeine give it a try. It’s good with coconut milk. Hopefully it gets me going this morning.

Generally I like Tazo teas, but this is just too bitter. I only drink it on days when I don’t want coffee in the morning, so I will finish the box because I don’t want to waste it. It’s not a bad tea, just a tad plain, and the last few sips always make me gag a little bit. I won’t buy it again.

My first taste of this cuppa was at the Omni in Philly a couple of years ago. I added cream and sugar and was very impressed. Bold in taste and color, this is my go-to tea when I feel the need for a cup of coffee.

Went to the campus SBUX late last night because it just about the only place still left open after my Physics class. I needed to do some readings for Film, so I stopped by and picked up a tall cup of this figuring, yeah…I really need to be a bit more Awake. Har-har.

I sniffed this wet, without the slightest idea of what might be in it. I thought I picked up citrus. Apparently the notes are meant to be caramel and black cherries…is Tazo kidding me?

It’s drinkable in the sense that I didn’t throw it out. But what the heck is wrong with this tea? I can, if I concentrate, perhaps pick up a faint taste like cherries in it. Slightly bitter cherries. Caramel is nowhere to be found, and neither is black tea! This is brownish hot water. Is someone playing a joke on me? I paid for tea! What an utterly tasteless cup.

A full bodied tea, probably one of the strongest black blends I know. I do not find it especially astringent or bitter – but then again, I cherish astringent, bold and somewhat bitter tastes.
Probably not the most magnificent variety available but still, one that is realtively easy to find and rather handy when needed.

I like the taste, it’s strong and not too watery. It makes me feel calm but with enough energy to go about my day, unlike coffee which can make me feel anxious. It makes me feel just right. It doesn’t taste bitter to me at all, unlike many of the other commenters.

We stopped at a Starbucks for this one. Its not a bad tea, but its nothing to write home about either. It was bold and brisk and wasn’t bitter. It will wake you up. The tea bags are huge.

Great tea that lives up to its name. Is very strong, so for those of you that don’t like stronger teas, I would stay away. Many complain of the taste, but be careful on how you brew it. Follow the instructions many others have used: very hot/boiling water and low steep time.