Awake- Filterbag

Malt
Edit tea info Last updated by KallieBoo!

• “Had this one again this morning, and I'm lowering the rating a bit. It seems I was a bit overzealous in my first review. Or maybe I had just been deprived a good breakfast tea for so long I forgot...” Read full tasting note
    lovingmy4babies 71 tasting notes
  • “Sitting in Starbucks, having my first bit of tea in months. I got out of the tea habit when it got hot and combined with my complete inability to make iced tea, well, means no good tea for me. ...” Read full tasting note
    Starfevre 501 tasting notes
  • “K Cup version I like the K Cup version better than the bag. It's really intense...bold...robust! Leaves a bit of an aftertaste but a nice tea offering for K Cups if you are up for a very...” Read full tasting note
    teaequalsbliss 6770 tasting notes
  • “I like this tea because when I forget about it, it doesn't go bitter. The flavors are pretty decent for a bagged tea. Malty, dark chocolatey, sweet, rich. This is a tea I will ALWAYS have in my...” Read full tasting note
    kalmal 746 tasting notes

From Tazo

A breakfast tea of boldness, depth and character, invigorating any time of the day. This eye-opening black tea blend has a full, rich flavor, with hints of dark caramel, malt and black cherries. Perfect with milk.

About Tazo View company

I love English Breakfast tea, it’s the tea that my mom always made me and my sister when we were younger. This brand, however, is not my favorite. It’s not BAD, but I’ve noticed that there really is no room for mistakes when steeping this one — it goes bitter very quickly if you’re not careful. Still, when I want English Breakfast, and this is the only stuff in the cabinet, I won’t say no.

Mm, best bagged black tea on the market in my humble opinion!

A light and sweet breakfast tea. Hard to make this one go bitter. I like this one plain or sometimes with a bit of sugar and cream.

I was hoping for it to live up to it’s name this morning for work, but it didn’t. To me it tastes like regular black tea.
Yes, almost done with my Tazo sampler pack…only a few more and then it’s to the nice loose teas I bought at Lupicia.

Tasting: This was much better than the Bigelow teas I’ve been drinking once in a great while for years. I have a cold right now though, and am taking it with a fair bit of honey. I might have to take it straight up when I feel better to see if the bitterness is a problem and if my cold / the honey is clouding up my taste.

Cost: $3.16/oz at local grocery store (1.5 oz/20 Bag box)

Not my favourite breakfast tea, but not bad.

Rena Sherwood

Just how small is that teapot in your avatar?

This is currently my favourite tea… nice and strong! Needs sugar. Absolutely ruined by oversteeping (forgot it for fifteen minutes once and could hardly drink it).

Tazo Awake has always struck me as the tea equivalent to dark-roasted coffee. Some people don’t like it because they find it too unrefined and blunt. For me what matters is that it does what it says on the label. This Assam blend packs a mighty punch of caffeine, has a malty heft, brews up dark reddish brown, and tastes good with cream.

Awake satisfies both my Assam cravings and my need for an afternoon caffeine jolt. Dare I demand more?

Flavors: Malt

I tend to favor English Breakfast. Tazo doesn’t disappoint me. Nice tea I can count on to ‘awake’ me just as stated. I steep for 3 mins. I take with cream and a scant of sugar. I brew bags at home, since I can usually buy a whole box for the price Starbucks want to charge me for one cup at the store. So, this is not a usual choice when I am at their house just at mine.