Awake

Malt
Tea Bag
Edit tea info Last updated by Catherine

• “Had this one again this morning, and I'm lowering the rating a bit. It seems I was a bit overzealous in my first review. Or maybe I had just been deprived a good breakfast tea for so long I forgot...” Read full tasting note
    lovingmy4babies 71 tasting notes
  • “Sitting in Starbucks, having my first bit of tea in months. I got out of the tea habit when it got hot and combined with my complete inability to make iced tea, well, means no good tea for me. ...” Read full tasting note
    Starfevre 513 tasting notes
  • “K Cup version I like the K Cup version better than the bag. It's really intense...bold...robust! Leaves a bit of an aftertaste but a nice tea offering for K Cups if you are up for a very...” Read full tasting note
    teaequalsbliss 6770 tasting notes
  • “I like this tea because when I forget about it, it doesn't go bitter. The flavors are pretty decent for a bagged tea. Malty, dark chocolatey, sweet, rich. This is a tea I will ALWAYS have in my...” Read full tasting note
    kalmal 786 tasting notes

From Tazo

A breakfast tea of boldness, depth and character, invigorating any time of the day. This eye-opening black tea blend has a full, rich flavor, with hints of dark caramel, malt and black cherries. Perfect with milk.

About Tazo View company

Steep Information:
Amount: 1 teabag / filterbag
Additives: none
Water: 12 ounces hot spigot
Steep Time: a little over 5 minutes
Served: Hot

Tasting Notes:
Smell: black tea
Flavor: black tea, bergamont
Body: Medium
Aftertaste: bitter
Liquor: dark brown

I think I let it get overbrewed – and threw out the teabag because I was walking through NYC. I may give it another chance if I will be staying in store and can better monitor it. I couldn’t finish it.

Post-Steep Additives: none

A quick, on the go cup. Ick! This tea gets bitter very easily and lacks…taste. It might be salvageable with milk and sugar. Maybe.

Alannah

It’s been quite a while since I had this tea, but I liked it quite a bit! Now I want to try again it and see if I was crazy!

When I was TA-ing and commuting six hours a day, this used to be part of my morning ritual of getting up at 4am to be on campus by 730 and in the classroom by 930. Somehow, I enjoyed drinking 2 large cups of this with vanilla soymilk AND sugar before noon. While I don’t have much to say about it vis-a-vis flavor—it’s pretty regular—I would like to comment on the shakes currently settling into my hands from the strength of the brew. I guess the body gets sensitive as it ages, because I’m not even sure I can finish this cup.

I can see why Tazo describes this tea as having “boldness” and being “invigorating” but I’d interpret those qualities in a negative manner. The tea is harsh and has actually left a slight burning sensation in the back of my throat. Sure its “invigorating”, but invigorating in the same way as I imagine chugging mouthwash would be invigorating and bold. I usually stick to lighter teas, so maybe I’m biased, but this isn’t quite my cup of tea. Please excuse my cheesiness.

Jason

Looking at the other reviews, maybe I just had a bad/old batch. Maybe I’ll have to give this another try sometime.

Okay I’m drinking this from one of those Keurig coffee maker machine things.
Spending the weekend at my cousins again and the only tea they have are ones for the coffee maker! They just got a package of Tazo Awake and thought I’d try it.
Ehh still not a fan of this… powder. It doesn’t taste like the English Breakfast teas that I’ve had. It’s just… no it’s not okay. This is definitely one of the worst teas I’ve ever had.
Oh dang. I just looked in my cousins pantry and the Earl Grey is gone! Looks like I’m spending a tealess weekend :/

Finished my tin of the full leaf “sachets” of this today. Strong, brisk, and about how I remembered it from the first note I wrote. Pretty consistent in that respect, at least when brewed at home. A bit smoother when brewed for only 3 minutes. Will I buy again? Probably not, as I expect there are better breakfast blends out there.

A strong black tea that is not bitter if brewed for two minutes or less with boiling water and a pre-heated mug. It has a clean, classic taste, not unlike PG Tips. It seems like either a Ceylon/Assam blend, or a Kenyan tea. A tasty, good brew, with milk or without. Surpasses most bagged tea available at the grocery store.

In my eyes, Tazo’s claim that the taste of caramel and black cherries is apparent in the tea is false.

For a mainstream, easy to find black tea this really isn’t bad. It’s certainly not my favorite black tea but it will do in a pinch. It’s also decent if you throw a couple bags into a big batch of iced tea.

mattscinto

Yeah I kinda feel the same way. It’s good on the go, but if I have time to make some loose tea I will definitely choose that over this.

Had two cups of this tea today . I used honey to sweeten it . Its a really nice breakfast tea .

Eh. Dull, boring and pretty tasteless. There are so many better black teas out there.