Passion

Fruit Herbal Blend
Floral, Fruity, Hibiscus, Tart, Cranberry, Sour
Edit tea info Last updated by Kiaharii

• “...and for the last of the lemon squares, this mixed w a sachet of Tazo Vanilla rooibos. I was concerned that the sweet/tart flavor was going to be a bit much with the lemon squares which have...” Read full tasting note
    JacquelineM 1112 tasting notes
  • “I just needed to stop in and give the "number" a nod and a boost. I had this again at my Auntie's for Thanksgiving. I first had given it a lower rating based on the fact the resteep is not really...” Read full tasting note
    CelebriTea 129 tasting notes
  • “Yet another tea from the *GCTTB*. Ok this is tart - I think I've been craving tart all evening and just not finding it. This is tart tropical fruits. I like it - ok I really like it - or I'm...” Read full tasting note
    Dexter 779 tasting notes
  • “Sipdown, 172. Hot, unsweetened hibiscus? No thanks. But cold, lightly sweetened hibiscus (with some spices and a few other fruits that don't do a ton in this but are slightly there)? Pretty yummy....” Read full tasting note
    dinosara 2042 tasting notes

From Tazo

Tazo teas are made from the most extraordinary teas and herbs found anywhere, and they’re blended with an artistry that borders on magical. Tazo Passion is a tantalizing, incredibly bold fusion of exotic botanicals and tropical flowers. Its distinctive flavor is like nothing else on earth. One sip of Tazo Passion brings a luscious explosion of flavorful hibiscus, subtle citrus, tart rose hips, and a kiss of mango and passion fruit.

About Tazo View company

Great pick-me-up. The nice thing about this tea is that it tastes good even after it’s turned lukewarm, making it a nice thing to have by your side while reading/using the computer.

This tea reminds me so much of the rosa de jamaica that I drank while in Guatemala (served cold, with lots o’ honey!). But its also a very nice tea to drink hot; Tazo Passion was a staple when getting together with my girlfriends at night to catch up on our day. We called it “hot, sweet Passion”. It’s best if its sweetened, otherwise, it’s a little too bitter.

A great tasting, fun tea from Tazo. Great for a summer evening just laying around the back porch. As others have mentioned: it’s fairly sweet, but not enough to make you dislike it.

Yay, thanks for including a Tazo in the box, Lala! I seemed to have enjoyed this more than most others, and it was better than I expected. The dry bag smelled like SweeTarts, and the scent of the steeped tea was tart and fruity, with citrus and a touch of mango coming through. As it cooled, the hibiscus intensified and covered up the other flavours, unfortunately. It took me hours to sip on my gigantic cup so it was interesting to see how the flavour profile changed throughout the temperature changes. Would I buy any? No, but it was a fun round.

Stephanie

I used to drink this one iced frequently

Nothing special, but good. Flavored tea in bags.

205 °F / 96 °C 4 min, 15 sec 3 g 3 OZ / 100 ML

I absolutely love this tea! I drink it iced every day. If you let it steep too long though it becomes very tart. Regardless, I’d recommend it to anyone. Such a strong, refreshing flavor in one tiny tea bag. Definitely try this!

Hibiscus…not bad
Slurping fruity, juicy tea
I should try it iced

I’m normally not a fan of hibiscus. I was actually excited to not find it on this ingredient list….until I realized I was skipping over the first ingredient! The tart is there, but it’s juicy in a way that makes it more palatable than normal. I’ve also learned the art of the slurping sip….to aerate the tea. Maybe that’s helping to improve my appreciation. After my mouth stops puckering, the aftertaste seems rather floral. I think this would be a good base tea for mixed drinks. The color is beautiful!

Flavors: Floral, Fruity, Hibiscus, Tart

Meh. It’s an OK go-to tea if I’m out and about, avoiding caffeine, and don’t trust the water temperature of the establishment. (e.g. “Go ahead and scald this tea because it can take it.”) A mouth punch with its tartness. I like to leave the teabag in for a long time, making the water almost syrupy.

Flavors: Cranberry, Hibiscus

Boiling 7 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

I really wanted to like this tea. It has a great name and it brews up to a beautiful fuschia color. But I really don’t taste the other flavors that are supposed to be here; the hibiscus overwhelms everything else. Hot, it’s almost undrinkable. Cold, it’s better, but still quite tart and sour. I suppose I could sweeten it, but if I’m going to be drinking sugar, I’d rather have lemonade than this stuff. Definitely won’t be re-purchasing.

Flavors: Hibiscus, Sour, Tart

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML
Sara

I had the same problem with Passion: too much hibiscus for my liking. It gave the tea a sort of syrupy quality, too.

I bought this tea, hearing great things from my fellow starbucks fanatic friends, and I didn’t love it as much as I thought I would. Then I mixed it half and half with fresh squeezed lemonade and it was perfection. I will always have a spot for this tea on my shelf during the summer months.