Passion

Fruit Herbal Blend
Cinnamon, Hibiscus, Licorice, Orange Zest, Rosehips, Berries, Citrusy, Bitter, Lemon, Sour, Tart, Berry, Blackberry, Fruity, Lemongrass, Raspberry, Herbaceous, Floral, Cranberry
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Amanda
195 °F / 90 °C 4 min, 30 sec 9 g 71 oz / 2095 ml

From Tazo

Tazo teas are made from the most extraordinary teas and herbs found anywhere, and they’re blended with an artistry that borders on magical. Tazo Passion is a tantalizing, incredibly bold fusion of exotic botanicals and tropical flowers. Its distinctive flavor is like nothing else on earth. One sip of Tazo Passion brings a luscious explosion of flavorful hibiscus, subtle citrus, tart rose hips, and a kiss of mango and passion fruit.

About Tazo View company

Great pick-me-up. The nice thing about this tea is that it tastes good even after it’s turned lukewarm, making it a nice thing to have by your side while reading/using the computer.

This tea reminds me so much of the rosa de jamaica that I drank while in Guatemala (served cold, with lots o’ honey!). But its also a very nice tea to drink hot; Tazo Passion was a staple when getting together with my girlfriends at night to catch up on our day. We called it “hot, sweet Passion”. It’s best if its sweetened, otherwise, it’s a little too bitter.

A great tasting, fun tea from Tazo. Great for a summer evening just laying around the back porch. As others have mentioned: it’s fairly sweet, but not enough to make you dislike it.

Several months ago my husband and I rented a garage downstairs from our apartment for the extra space. “Think of all the room we’ll have!” we kept saying. For months all that was in this garage was…….a bike. The garage had been empty for a while and badly needed de-spidering. My husband and I are both not fans of spiders. Why we chose to do it on a hot sunny day I can’t imagine. It was disgusting and dusty and spidery but its done now and we sprayed the corners with spider spray and then I sprayed everything generously with peppermint oil and water just to make sure the spiders get the hint. Now everything that is down there is staying forever because we can’t trust it not to have spiders on it. It’s the Goodwill waiting room.

Point is, it was hot and hot weather calls for BEVERAGES. I love BEVERAGES. I’m a huge fan of BEVERAGES. I like water, I like tea, I like coffee, I like hot chocolate, I like iced ones of those things, lemonades, limades, I try to stay away from soda unless there’s rum in it but you get the point, I’m well hydrated.

I love hibiscus tea. I’ve been drinking it for a long time and I’ve been drinking Passion tea for a long time. At Starbucks you could get it mixed it with lemonade, and eventually I started drinking it without lemonade, and then eventually I was drinking “real” tea and I didn’t have it much anymore.

Then we went to Mexico and the ubiquitous iced beverage of choice was Te Jamaica (“ha-MY-cah”), which is just hibiscus tea. At ElNicho restaurant in Puerto Morelos it was served with a mound of hibiscus and sliced cranberries in the bottom which was extra tasty and tasted just like Cranapple juice to me. So I kind of got a taste for it and I wanted some more.

I started a bad habit. A Starbucks opened near my house and it’s pretty quiet at about the time I leave for work in the mornings. My husband makes me drip coffee that I drink in the car in my Las Vegas tumbler, but I’ve started starting also stopping for a venti iced half-sweet Passion tea that I drink when I get to work.

Let’s be straight about hibiscus tea for a second. It’s pretty much Kool-Aid. If you throw a little sweetener in it and give it to a kid who is familiar with Kool-Aid, they will confirm for you that it is tasty Kool-Aid.

This Tazo stuff is also tasty Kool-Aid but it’s got a couple frills that make it taste a little bit sophisticated. The rose hips are tart and put a kibosh on the cranberry sweetness hibiscus has. The orange brightens it up. There’s a teensy bit of cinnamon that gives it a little depth and spice. It’s still Kool-Aid but it’s grown-up Kool-Aid.

My husband and I have been keeping a pitcher of it in the fridge since we got back from Mexico. I don’t make it very sweet, I boil up a cup of water and pour it over two bags with a little sugar and then leave it in there until its good and dark and then I pour it into the pitcher and fill it up. The pitcher has an infuser so I leave the bags in there overnight for some extra flavor. If you leave it unsweet it will be a little tart and dry but still good. A little sugar, refreshing with a little zing. Lots of sugar, grown-up Kool-Aid.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Hibiscus, Licorice, Orange Zest, Rosehips

Mikumofu

This note was the note of humor I needed after a busy day! De-spidering sounds like a valiant effort, I’m glad you survived ;)

Excellent berry-like, tart, and fruity flavor. No hint of bitterness or astringency.

Flavors: Berries, Citrusy, Hibiscus, Licorice

Someone gave me a sample of this and I knew I would not like it. Some of the main ingredients are hibiscus, rose hips, lemon, and citric acid. I literally dunked my tea bag into the water and took it out (less than 2 second steep) and my whole cup was pink. It tasted like drinking straight hibiscus or rose hip tea. Super bitter, sour, and acidic. I keep trying but I will always hate hibiscus and sour teas, even iced with sugar.

I’m glad other can enjoy blends such as this, but I find it extremely unpleasant and undrinkable. The sour overpowers the fruity and herbal flavours underneath and makes it undrinkable to me. :(

I do like the vibrant magenta colour though.

Flavors: Bitter, Hibiscus, Lemon, Rosehips, Sour, Tart

0 min, 15 sec 700 OZ / 20701 ML

This tea smells fruity, delicious, and a very pink color. Alas, to me it was sour….. I have no idea what I did wrong. All I tasted was the sour citric and nothing else. I am mostly a black tea drinker, which might be why I haven’t found a good herbal tea I enjoy. Maybe I will try mixing it and having it in the summer.

This is my absolute favorite tea. I order it at starbucks every time that i go! The floral notes take over and pair well with the sweetness. If i am going to drink a bagged tea this will always be my choice. The smell from a nice warm cup will definitely put a smile on your face.

This is ok as a cold brew but the hibiscus is a little too strong for my liking. It is drinkable but I won’t be purchasing more

A review of Passion Tea by Tazo

Date: 1/22/2016
Company: Tazo
Tea Name: Passion
Tea Type/Varietal: Herbal
Region: Egypt, Nigeria, US, Chile, China, Turkey, Uzbekistan
Steeping Vessel/Amt. Leaf: ecotainer paper cup, 1 tea bag
Plucking Season: no idea what this means
Liquid Color: color of my poop after eating a lot of beets
Leaf Characteristics: mixed herbs

Steepings 1 steep in 8oz of 180 degree water.

Tart, citrus upfront with strong hibiscus. Creamy orange peel with a slight twinge of vanilla follows. Finishes with nutty licorice. Clean aftertaste of tart cranberries and sweet cherries. Pretty, pretty good.

180 °F / 82 °C 6 min, 0 sec 8 OZ / 236 ML