Fruit Herbal Blend
Berry, Hibiscus, Blackberry, Cinnamon, Fruity, Lemongrass, Raspberry, Herbaceous, Tart, Floral, Cranberry, Sour
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Amanda

From Tazo

Tazo teas are made from the most extraordinary teas and herbs found anywhere, and they’re blended with an artistry that borders on magical. Tazo Passion is a tantalizing, incredibly bold fusion of exotic botanicals and tropical flowers. Its distinctive flavor is like nothing else on earth. One sip of Tazo Passion brings a luscious explosion of flavorful hibiscus, subtle citrus, tart rose hips, and a kiss of mango and passion fruit.

About Tazo View company

Great tea! A little on the sour side, but it has complex flavors that make for a great anytime tea!

Yay, thanks for including a Tazo in the box, Lala! I seemed to have enjoyed this more than most others, and it was better than I expected. The dry bag smelled like SweeTarts, and the scent of the steeped tea was tart and fruity, with citrus and a touch of mango coming through. As it cooled, the hibiscus intensified and covered up the other flavours, unfortunately. It took me hours to sip on my gigantic cup so it was interesting to see how the flavour profile changed throughout the temperature changes. Would I buy any? No, but it was a fun round.

I used to drink this one iced frequently

Nothing special, but good. Flavored tea in bags.

205 °F / 96 °C 4 min, 15 sec 3 g 3 OZ / 100 ML

I absolutely love this tea! I drink it iced every day. If you let it steep too long though it becomes very tart. Regardless, I’d recommend it to anyone. Such a strong, refreshing flavor in one tiny tea bag. Definitely try this!

Hibiscus…not bad
Slurping fruity, juicy tea
I should try it iced

I’m normally not a fan of hibiscus. I was actually excited to not find it on this ingredient list….until I realized I was skipping over the first ingredient! The tart is there, but it’s juicy in a way that makes it more palatable than normal. I’ve also learned the art of the slurping sip….to aerate the tea. Maybe that’s helping to improve my appreciation. After my mouth stops puckering, the aftertaste seems rather floral. I think this would be a good base tea for mixed drinks. The color is beautiful!

Flavors: Floral, Fruity, Hibiscus, Tart

Meh. It’s an OK go-to tea if I’m out and about, avoiding caffeine, and don’t trust the water temperature of the establishment. (e.g. “Go ahead and scald this tea because it can take it.”) A mouth punch with its tartness. I like to leave the teabag in for a long time, making the water almost syrupy.

Flavors: Cranberry, Hibiscus

Boiling 7 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

I really wanted to like this tea. It has a great name and it brews up to a beautiful fuschia color. But I really don’t taste the other flavors that are supposed to be here; the hibiscus overwhelms everything else. Hot, it’s almost undrinkable. Cold, it’s better, but still quite tart and sour. I suppose I could sweeten it, but if I’m going to be drinking sugar, I’d rather have lemonade than this stuff. Definitely won’t be re-purchasing.

Flavors: Hibiscus, Sour, Tart

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

I had the same problem with Passion: too much hibiscus for my liking. It gave the tea a sort of syrupy quality, too.

I bought this tea, hearing great things from my fellow starbucks fanatic friends, and I didn’t love it as much as I thought I would. Then I mixed it half and half with fresh squeezed lemonade and it was perfection. I will always have a spot for this tea on my shelf during the summer months.

I drink this quite often as my cold tea during the work day. I’ve had it hot but can’t say that I am a huge fan of hot hibiscus. I usually prefer it cold. I appreciate the tartness and almost never sweeten it because of that. When I do sweeten it, it’s usually just by adding some lemonade. The hibiscus flavor is so strong that I usually use one bag for a 32 oz bottle and I’m good to go.

The purple color has me hooked, however the sweet/tart flavor combo that others have mentioned was a bit too tart for me, especially as the tea cooled. The fragrance of this tea is floral and fruity. I would recommend it only to someone who like fruity, citrusy teas.