African Red Bush

Rooibos Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Rena Sherwood

From Tazo

Tazo® African Red Bush is a complex blend of legendary red bush tea of Africa, hibiscus flowers, lemon, and sweet spices. In the color of its amber liquor you can sometimes catch the blazing rays of an ancient, flaming sunset over the Great Rift Valley.

Ingredients: African rooibos (Red Bush), hibiscus, lemon myrtle, lemon verbena, orange peel, rosemary, lemon balm, natural flavors, and citric acid.

About Tazo View company

Basic bag tea that is “good enough” in a pinch when I don’t have time for loose leaf :) enjoyed this one yesterday but forgot to log it.

Nik

One of the things I like about rooibos, honeybush, teas of that ilk is that they’re so forgiving. If anyone could get a brew “wrong,” it is I, but I’ve yet to screw up anything rooibos-like. =)

Received a couple bags of this in a swap from someone (not on this site).

It’s okay. It’s a decent rooibos. It’s fairly unremarkable, but it’s okay on a lazy day.

Boiling

I enjoy mixing this tea with a number of other teas. Currently I’m drinking it with Honeydew Melon White Tea.

TeaEqualsBliss

Hello there! Haven’t seen you on Steepster in a while! Welcome back!

chocowitz

Thanks. I tend to go through phases of inactivity.

I was not particularly happy with this. It tasted kind-of… medicine-y.

laurenpressley

Yeah, red takes some getting used to (at least as far as I’m concerned). I drank a lot of it when thinking about getting pregnant and all through the first trimester. I have to say, I like the flavored versions more.

I didn’t enjoy this much. I like Tazo’s teas, but this really didn’t do it for me. I’m still trying to find the red tea that will bring me around to the red teas. This wasn’t it.

A good rooibos blend. Tangy, but not to excess. The rooibos flavor is filled out by the lemon balm and lemon verbena. It is a complex, relaxing and very slightly fruity tea.

Note: it is not as tangy as the presence of “citric acid” among the ingredients would lead one to suspect.

I never knew about this tea until a coworker of mine made a pot for a group of us. It was delicious!

It tastes like cough drops and makes my mouth feel strange. bleh.

teaplz

This one is so weird. I think the hibiscus mixed in with the rooibos really messes it up and ruins any flavor!

I hardly know anything about roobios teas. The selling point to me tonight versus the other teas I have on hand: caffeine free. My tea habit has escalated quickly in the past few months, and this week especially I was really feeling the caffination.

This is quite an interesting taste, not one that I expected. While nice and mellow, there’s an surface taste of slightly tangy/sour. It’s hard to describe, but my first comparison would be yogurt. A fitting end after a dinner of greek food, and a relaxing cup while I watch the Women’s free skate in Sochi. =)

To this day, one of the best examples of how good rooibos can be. Most rooibos blends go straight for tons of sugar, etc, but this one had a lovely tartness that balanced the natural creaminess of red tea.