Organic Chai Concentrate

Black Chai Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Tiegster
Iced 0 min, 15 sec

From Tazo

An organic version of this spicy Indian classic. A perfect blend of sustainably grown North Indian teas and exotic spices, with just a touch of sweetness. Especially enjoyable when consumed with pure thoughts.
Organic Tazo® Chai first enchanted the Himalayan hill dwellers more than 2,000 years ago, when all things were organic. Sustainably grown, full-flavored North Indian teas are blended with organic cardamom, cloves, ginger and cinnamon to create a formula that is certainly unlike any tea you’ve tasted, and just may be the purest form of chai on the planet.

About Tazo View company

No flight would be complete without a venti iced soy chai from Starbucks, although I’m finding it to be much much sweeter than I recall. I’ll slowly sip this all the way to FL, while reading “The Tea Goddess”, a book I dloaded to my Kindle a few months ago.

Terri……the tea spot is having a 2 day 20% off sale……..

Terri HarpLady

Really? What do WE want besides Bolder Breakfast & The Chocolate O? To hell with my hiatus, I’m on vacay…

Terri HarpLady

Also, a chic that works there offered me a bunch of samples…anything you want to try?

Wow – you have to buy 3oz? Do you need a third? :P (Oh god, I’m awful at not buying tea)

I’ll get a pm going when I get home. Yes to those two 100%

Hiatus be damned since they rarely do straight up sales

Okay, so, I’m going to let you all in on a dirty little secret of mine: occasionally, I am a terrible, godawful tea nerd and don’t actually steep tea. Sometimes, as a matter of fact, I buy it in a damn carton. And this is the only exception I can allow myself.

Tazo’s chai concentrates, whichever one your heart desires, are generally very solid products. Much richer and spicier than the majority of chai concentrates, and, I find, much thicker. They really do taste like tea. Super duper easy for even the laziest of tea snobs, I prefer to have about 3/4 chai to 1/4 milk (usually 2%), over ice. It is equally fantastic to your taste buds heated up, and I find that when I do boil it, it tends to become much spicier (which I like, because my nose can use all the spice it can get). Do not add milk while heating it, however. (D’oh!)

One last secret: if you are feeling crazy, as I often am, it is also mind-bogglingly delicious to mix this with chocolate milk. It’s definitely not a dirty chai, but it will make you feel dirty all over. With pleasure.

Iced 0 min, 15 sec

500mL mug

1 part chai concentrate, 1 part 2% milk. Gently heat in microwave til steaming. Then add two Stash Ginger Breakfast teabags and a splash of boiling water. Cover and steep on a desktop mug warmer for 5 minutes. Allow milk to carry sweet hot spicy gingery bliss throughout body. Sigh. Smile.

Michelle Butler Hallett

Gets hotter and more gingery with each sip! Booya, sweetest burrrrnnnn …

I really enjoy this concentrate. I’m not a big fan of powdered chai mixes. This is very good as a dirty chai latte (coffee, chai, milk).

Mmm, I also like coffee + chai. Since I’m a cheap college student, I’m stuck with instant coffee, but it’s actually drinkable if I mix it with some this soy vanilla chai drink they sell at the store called “Perfectly Protein”…yum.

Delicious and really easy to make. Tastes close to authentic Indian Masala Chai instead of the western lattes. You even get the crust-like thick layer on top if you let it sit too long.

When I first started drinking this I had it straight for months before I read that it should be mixed half half with milk or something. I thought it was a bit strong.

I then started mixing it with orange juice and that was good.