Tazo Chai

Chai Tea
Artificial, Burnt, Cardamon, Decayed wood, Wet wood, Anise, Cinnamon, Cloves, Licorice, Vanilla
Edit tea info Last updated by Mandie

• “Brewed up 12oz with 2 full leaf sachets, 2 tsp sugar and 1 tsp milk. Great pairing with my cinnamon swirl coffeecake this morning. Wish I had more coffeecake! I like this Chai blend more and...” Read full tasting note
    Dragonwellluvr 558 tasting notes
  • “Tea backlog from last night: I was watching the Olympics late last night and wanted something spicy. I was feeling lazy and just wanted to use a bagged version of anything I had in my cupboard. ...” Read full tasting note
    yoginiundefined 51 tasting notes
  • “Full Leaf! Ordered a tall double shot 2 pump caramel 2 pump mocha upsidedown latte w/ 2 chai bags topped w/ whip and caramel and mocha drizzles. But I'm sure I didn't say that in the correct...” Read full tasting note
    Cofftea 865 tasting notes
  • “This isn’t as good as my Tazo concentrated chai tea latte mix, but it’s pretty darn tasty for a teabag. Mmm mmm! This is a very satisfying cup with a little skim milk and Truvia added. ...” Read full tasting note
    CHAroma 514 tasting notes

From Tazo

A rich blend of teas and spices (dark Indian black teas, ginger, cinnamon, star anise, cloves, and cardamom) in the style of the hill dwellers of the Himalayas. Mix with milk (or a dairy substitute) for a delicious hot or cold beverage.

About Tazo View company

One of my favorite teas! The spices are strong, the cardamom and cloves in particular. This tea is good plain, or with sugar and milk. You can’t go wrong!

Wonderful spicy scent and taste. Not too over powering and not too tame. Just right.

I’m a huge fan of iced chai tea, but my experiences with warm chai weren’t as good, so I’ve been looking for the perfect one. This is the closest I’ve gotten! It’s got a great scent, and tastes wonderful with a little cream and some honey. I’m actually sipping it right now. :)

I was pleasantly surprised by the taste of this chai. I was expecting it to be a bag of weakspice, but it was actually quite flavorful! I steeped my bag for about 4 minutes, then added honey pearls. Perfect brew for a cool morning!

A good chai if you’re going to make a latte, but it can be a bit harsh if you let it steep too long on its own. Excellent spices thought!

Not too sweet, which is a nice change from the other bagged chai I’ve been drinking lately.

This is very good! Its melange of sweet and spicy flavors is perfectly accentuated with a splash of milk. It’s not too sweet, but it’s not dull, either. No one flavor is overpowering. If I ordered this tea in an Indian restaurant, I would be more than satisfied!

By the way—is this the same/a newer version of Tazo’s “Organic Chai”? Does anyone know?

I like to make this with soy or organic milk, a spoon of sugar and then sprinkle with a little fresh black pepper! Mmmm…

all out of milk so i drank this straight with a spoon of honey. the peppery notes were a bit strong and off-putting this time

I’m trying to expand my horizons on tea (and chai especially), but I seem to come back to this one every time. I keep thinking the more expensive loose tea blends should be better than this out-of-a-box-get-it-at-any-grocery-store tea, but I have yet to find one that stands up to the Tazo Chai. The blend is the perfect balance of the black tea and the spices and it’s really really hard to brew it wrong. I’m still exploring the world of chai, but I’m beginning to feel I’ll have to travel to India to find a better one than this.