Tazo Chai

Chai Tea
Black Pepper, Ginger, Artificial, Burnt, Cardamon, Decayed wood, Wet wood, Anise, Cinnamon, Cloves, Licorice, Vanilla
Edit tea info Last updated by Mandie

• “Brewed up 12oz with 2 full leaf sachets, 2 tsp sugar and 1 tsp milk. Great pairing with my cinnamon swirl coffeecake this morning. Wish I had more coffeecake! I like this Chai blend more and...” Read full tasting note
    Dragonwellluvr 558 tasting notes
  • “Tea backlog from last night: I was watching the Olympics late last night and wanted something spicy. I was feeling lazy and just wanted to use a bagged version of anything I had in my cupboard. ...” Read full tasting note
    yoginiundefined 51 tasting notes
  • “Full Leaf! Ordered a tall double shot 2 pump caramel 2 pump mocha upsidedown latte w/ 2 chai bags topped w/ whip and caramel and mocha drizzles. But I'm sure I didn't say that in the correct...” Read full tasting note
    Cofftea 865 tasting notes
  • “This isn’t as good as my Tazo concentrated chai tea latte mix, but it’s pretty darn tasty for a teabag. Mmm mmm! This is a very satisfying cup with a little skim milk and Truvia added. ...” Read full tasting note
    CHAroma 523 tasting notes

From Tazo

A rich blend of teas and spices (dark Indian black teas, ginger, cinnamon, star anise, cloves, and cardamom) in the style of the hill dwellers of the Himalayas. Mix with milk (or a dairy substitute) for a delicious hot or cold beverage.

About Tazo View company

I definitely think this is probably THE best chai tea in bagged form that I’ve had. All the spices are really flavor and aromatic, and this tastes awesome with some milk and honey splashed in it.

This is my favourite chai of the ones that I’ve tried. I really enjoy the distinct spicy heat that the black pepper gives it, which I have yet to find in another brand. My favourite way to drink it is with lots of milk and a splash of vanilla syrup. It’s even better with foamy steamed milk. I have a cup of this almost every morning, and I love how it wakes me up with its comforting warm spiciness.

A very Indian chai, rich and balanced and full of spice. Mine is organic and I loved it.

If I’m getting a cup of tea at Starbucks, this is generally what I get. This tea has a fairly strong spicy flavor that works well with milk, and I find it more interesting than the Awake blend, which is basically the only other option for black tea when one is at the ’bucks.

Tea like this makes one realize why one drinks tea in the first place. I have tried chai flavors in coffees and latte’s, but they pale in comparison to the flavor that is delivered by this tea. Tazo knows tea and does tea with a passion and to perfection.

I realized after awhile of sitting on this note that Tazo Chai has black pepper in it. When I let this tea sit for too long I can really taste it. Maybe I steeped it too long or the water was too hot. But, phew, it was strong after awhile.

Nice and spicy. My first chai. I enjoyed it

This is my chai of preference. Though I prefer their box mix to their bags in this one, too.

I tasted the cloves and cinnamon, which reminded me of Christmas candles.

It was a little overwhelming.