Calm

Herbal Tea
Blackberry Leaves, Chamomile, Hibiscus Flowers, Lavender, Lemongrass, Rose Petals, Spearmint
Rose, Flowers
Sachet, Tea Bag
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by sherapop

• “I was going to start a new profile for Tazo Calm in the sachet, since it is *so much better* than the filter bags, but then I figured: why bother? It's being discontinued! In fact, it has already...” Read full tasting note
    Shera Pop 1069 tasting notes
  • “What _not_ to do with this one: do not attempt to tone down the l(ick!)orice with fresh pineapple mint and a slug of chilled apple juice. My tongue is still trying to shake off the taste of...” Read full tasting note
    gmathis 1717 tasting notes
  • “And that's a sip down. I'm experiencing heartburn for like the first time ever practically (I'm looking at you, pan-seared salmon and broccoli and mushrooms sauteed in olive oil), so I figured that...” Read full tasting note
    fjellrev 773 tasting notes
  • “In an effort to find non-caffeinated alternatives for the kids to enjoy, I steeped a cup of this tonight and gave them each a taste. We have discovered that neither peanut is a chamomile...” Read full tasting note
    __Morgana__ 953 tasting notes

From Tazo

A delicate blend of chamomile blossoms and other soothing herbs, Tazo® Calm™ is made with Egyptian chamomile blossoms blended with fragrant lemon balm leaf from Eastern Europe. Pink rose petals from Morocco impart a light, spicy taste that enhances the apple-like flavor of chamomile.

Ingredients: Chamomile flowers, hibiscus flowers, spearmint leaves, lemongrass, rose petals, blackberry leaves, safflowers, peppermint leaves, sarsaparilla root, lemon balm leaf, licorice root and natural flavors.

About Tazo View company

This is definitely my favorite herbal tea. I never even noticed the spearmint flavor before reading these reviews, but I love spearmint, so maybe that’s why I like this tea so much (and so much more than other chamomile teas I’ve tried). It’s so peaceful and relaxing.. but that’s probably a placebo effect : )

I’m a huge lover of Tazo teas, But i wouldn’t drink this one if i had another opiotion. I dunno who, its something with the rose petals in it. To me it makes it taste a little soapy,

Flavors: Rose

Boiling 7 min, 15 sec 6 g 8 OZ / 236 ML

Do I like this tea? No, not really. I think maybe I did at one time, but now it just tastes medicinal to me. I’m only drinking it because I just got home from playing a kickass gig, & I’m wired, naturally high as a kite on music, good vibes, adrenaline, etc. So I’m drinking 2 bags of this in my usual cup, with a double dose of Valerian tincture added, in hopes that I will come back down to the planet’s surface & be able to sleep soon.

Tomorrow will be known as ‘The Day She Planted Sweet Potatoes’.
Silly me, I ordered 24 sweet potato plants, 4 each of 6 different varieties from http://www.tatorman.com/
Vardeman, Red Japanese, Nancy Hall, Beauregard, Carolina Ruby, & Bunch Porto Ricans.
I always grow alot of sweet potatoes, & we eat them all fall, winter, & spring, but the local stores still don’t have plants, & they only ever have one variety anyway.
Of course, it’s insane that I bought so many, LOL, but they arrived today, & they are adorable, & I’m very excited! Tomorrow the entire day will be dedicated to getting them in the ground!! I wanted to get some of the purple japanese ones, but you have to buy 12 plants, & that would be 36 plants total! Maybe next year…
Hopefully this year I’ll remember to save one of each kind for starting next year’s crop.
I also almost ordered more garlic for the fall from another company. I currently have 5 varieties, but you can never have too much garlic, & there are some really interesting heirlooms, including a few amazing sounding Italian ones, & I also want a few shallots to add to my shallot collection. The company I order those from doesn’t take paypal though, so that order will have to wait until I actually have some money in my bank account.
That & my Laoshan Black order (not like I need any, I just want a bag of the new crop for comparison sake).
Sipdown…I have no idea what my total is though…
Wish me luck falling asleep…
Just checked my sipdown total. I’m at 373!
(Not counting any new teas that have arrived since June 1st…I’ll add them on July 1st)

carol who

Sounds like a fantastic garden! I’ve never eaten any different varieties of sweet potatoes, as far as I know. I’ll have to see if I can find some at the farmer’s market.

K S

Maybe I should have realized, but I didn’t know there were other types of sweet taters than what we grow. Garlic – We have tried multiple times to grow garlic, never with success. The Amish fellow I last got them from assured me it was simple. Maybe for you and him. Hat’s off to you and your green thumb.

Terri HarpLady

For years I just ate ‘the’ sweet potatoes from the store. Then one year I noticed there were too kinds: Garnet & whatever the other one was. They were both great. Whole foods carries Garnet, the other one (whose name I can’t recall right now, it’s too early), & japanese. So hopefully 3 months from now I’ll be in sweet potato heaven!! KS, some years are better than others. Last year wasn’t as great as the previous 2 years.
Regarding garlic, this will be my first successful year growing, LOL. I think I finally know what I’m doing :)

Terri HarpLady

Anyway, I consider the whole thing a grand experiment, a mix of permaculture (“are you gonna pull those weeds?”), raised beds, companion planting, containers, strange trellising formations, etc. Most people who take a walk with me in my garden view it with either wonder, amusement, disbelief or possibly they are appalled, or maybe a mix of all of the above. I just view it as heaven :)

K S

I haven’t stepped foot in your garden and I am impressed, and amused. :) Last year we had a good crop of red, white, and sweet potatoes. Pretty much nothing else did good.

Terri HarpLady

My little piece of earth is basically 99.9% clay, & after years of double digging in my previous garden (different house, different lifetime), I’m basically too old for that crap. So I layer in soil, newspaper, compost, cardboard, manure, and anything else I think will decompose. I just keep piling stuff on each year, & the worms & moles take care of the rest. Most of my beds are edged with the trimming of my various trees & straw, which initially help hold things in place, but eventually help hold water, etc. There are deep layers of straw everywhere! And piles of dead weeds.

K S

Hey if it weren’t for weeds we would have no lawn at all. And can definitely identify with the clay. That’s why the grass won’t grow. The potatoes were grown in raised beds with bagged dirt and compost. With what we have had to do it is cheaper just to go buy them but that isn’t the point.

TheTeaFairy

I dream of you your garden at night…

Terri HarpLady

K: I know what you mean! We made several runs to get bagged soil today, & then I started realizing how much soil I was gonna need…yikes! I had to alter my planting plan somewhat…
TeaFairy: me too! :)

Fond memories of this tea. Admittedly in high school and even continuing into college I drank this with an obscene amount of sugar. Like 2-3 tsp/mug. And always Sugar in the Raw, or a stick of sugar cane. It doesn’t taste as nice with white sugar.

It doesn’t have the same effect when unsweetened, but I mostly don’t mind. Camomile is a tea I can deal with in a tea bag. Mostly I think because the loose version…. little flowers floating in my cup kind of freak me out. I vaguely wish for a loose version because I really like the blend, but I probably would stick it in a tea or strainer to avoid looking at it.

This isn’t the world’s greatest tea or anything, but it’s a reliable blend that’s commonly available. I keep it stocked for when I want to relieve a bit of stress at work but don’t have the time or energy to brew loose leaf. The flavors are nicely balanced between chamomile and rose hips, but it’s hard to taste much else in this. My favorites of similar blends leave a nice, citrusy mint mouthfeel which this fails to do. It works in a pinch though and is still pleasing overall.

I feel like a bit of a tea snob as I write this, but my snobbery will have to be put aside as this brand is the only one that is available at work. Chamomile is just so soothing and even though most folks may consider this to be a great “sleepytime” tea, I find it clears my head and helps me get through the work day. I’ll stick to my snobby brands at home though :)

I liked this tea before I tried Mighty Leaf’s Chamomile Citrus. I had it again last night and realized that it is just not that flavorful. It was also weak compared to Mighty Leaf.

I think it’s alright. I wouldn’t go out of my way to buy it, but I have a few bags I got in a trade and I like it enough to drink them.

As others have noted, it tastes mostly of spearmint (with just a bit of chamomile). This is fine with me, as I like spearmint, but if you don’t, you won’t like this tea.

I LOVE Tazo’s chamomile tea! Calm is chamomile with an extra kick of flavor that makes it a well-rounded treat! I love drinking it while watching movies. It really calms me down :)