Calm

Herbal Tea
Blackberry Leaves, Chamomile, Hibiscus Flowers, Lemongrass, Rose Petals, Spearmint
Flowers
Sachet, Tea Bag
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by sherapop

• “It is rare for me to drink a chamomile blend before noon, but it happened today. I do believe that this brew may have *calmed* my frazzled nerves to some extent. Well, to a degree. The latest...” Read full tasting note
    Shera Pop 509 tasting notes
  • “Funny story goes with this one: I think I told you we've been adopted by a cat? Turns out he was the semi-pet of a lady down the street who feeds any feline that shows up in her yard; when I...” Read full tasting note
    gmathis 1626 tasting notes
  • “And that's a sip down. I'm experiencing heartburn for like the first time ever practically (I'm looking at you, pan-seared salmon and broccoli and mushrooms sauteed in olive oil), so I figured that...” Read full tasting note
    fjellrev 757 tasting notes
  • “In an effort to find non-caffeinated alternatives for the kids to enjoy, I steeped a cup of this tonight and gave them each a taste. We have discovered that neither peanut is a chamomile...” Read full tasting note
    __Morgana__ 933 tasting notes

From Tazo

A delicate blend of chamomile blossoms and other soothing herbs, Tazo® Calm™ is made with Egyptian chamomile blossoms blended with fragrant lemon balm leaf from Eastern Europe. Pink rose petals from Morocco impart a light, spicy taste that enhances the apple-like flavor of chamomile.

Ingredients: Chamomile flowers, hibiscus flowers, spearmint leaves, lemongrass, rose petals, blackberry leaves, safflowers, peppermint leaves, sarsaparilla root, lemon balm leaf, licorice root and natural flavors.

About Tazo View company

This is definitely my favorite herbal tea. I never even noticed the spearmint flavor before reading these reviews, but I love spearmint, so maybe that’s why I like this tea so much (and so much more than other chamomile teas I’ve tried). It’s so peaceful and relaxing.. but that’s probably a placebo effect : )

Fond memories of this tea. Admittedly in high school and even continuing into college I drank this with an obscene amount of sugar. Like 2-3 tsp/mug. And always Sugar in the Raw, or a stick of sugar cane. It doesn’t taste as nice with white sugar.

It doesn’t have the same effect when unsweetened, but I mostly don’t mind. Camomile is a tea I can deal with in a tea bag. Mostly I think because the loose version…. little flowers floating in my cup kind of freak me out. I vaguely wish for a loose version because I really like the blend, but I probably would stick it in a tea or strainer to avoid looking at it.

This isn’t the world’s greatest tea or anything, but it’s a reliable blend that’s commonly available. I keep it stocked for when I want to relieve a bit of stress at work but don’t have the time or energy to brew loose leaf. The flavors are nicely balanced between chamomile and rose hips, but it’s hard to taste much else in this. My favorites of similar blends leave a nice, citrusy mint mouthfeel which this fails to do. It works in a pinch though and is still pleasing overall.

I feel like a bit of a tea snob as I write this, but my snobbery will have to be put aside as this brand is the only one that is available at work. Chamomile is just so soothing and even though most folks may consider this to be a great “sleepytime” tea, I find it clears my head and helps me get through the work day. I’ll stick to my snobby brands at home though :)

I liked this tea before I tried Mighty Leaf’s Chamomile Citrus. I had it again last night and realized that it is just not that flavorful. It was also weak compared to Mighty Leaf.

I think it’s alright. I wouldn’t go out of my way to buy it, but I have a few bags I got in a trade and I like it enough to drink them.

As others have noted, it tastes mostly of spearmint (with just a bit of chamomile). This is fine with me, as I like spearmint, but if you don’t, you won’t like this tea.

I LOVE Tazo’s chamomile tea! Calm is chamomile with an extra kick of flavor that makes it a well-rounded treat! I love drinking it while watching movies. It really calms me down :)

While I can fully admit I’m not a huge fan of Chamomile, I’ve had ones that I’ve really liked. This one wasn’t one of them. It’s not terrible, or bland, but it also doesn’t draw out the full potential of what it could be.

Drank this today from Starbucks, had less then half a mug of cold tea left. I added another cup of water to warm it up. Still tasted great!