Green Ginger

Ginger, Green, Lemongrass, Dirt, Pear, Vegetables
Tea Bag
Edit tea info Last updated by AmberShrugged

From Tazo

A soothing blend of green teas with hints of ginger and pear.

About Tazo View company

Had a dark yellow liquor. The smell was immediately pear and ginger. The actual tastes ranged from hints of pear to ginger and smacks of black pepper.

The tea is hot and spicy in a green tea fashion. All things considered, they could have made the pear flavor more obvious. Definitely wasn’t my favorite of the Tazo line-up. But a nice tea and not to be overlooked.

There is too much shame in throwing away unused tea leaves. I honestly cannot remember how this single teabag snuck into my collection, but here it is and today seems alright for a small risk.

Upon opening the package, it smelled like an old hotel room. Not the best of signs.

As for the taste itself: the ginger is there along with the lemongrass, and it compliments the green tea, but it’s so…. tepid. The water, yes, perhaps, but the ginger! It does create a quick warming sensation at the back of my throat and later cools it down, which would be nice if only it weren’t so fleeting! I can feel the ginger, yes, but can I taste it? Yes also, but not enough. With ginger, I want something a spicy wake-up call, not an afterthought. But then again, this bag’s been sitting around for who-knows-how-long.

In a dire pinch, the tea is not all that bad, but a more rewarding alternative is not at all difficult to find.

Props to the ginger.

Before diving completely into the wonderful world of loose leaf tea, this had become my favorite of the bagged teas. It has been a while since enjoying this tea. I have grown substantially, in both knowledge and practice, on my tea preparation and consumption. Hopefully, I still enjoy this as much as I had before.

There is still an overwhelming joy I get when opening the cover to reveal the subtle and delicious scents of ginger and pear. Because it is a bagged tea, the aroma is light. It is also as bright as I remembered.

Steeping brings out the spice to the ginger, a very soothing and reassuring aroma from a very soothing and reassuring light green color.

The flavor is still subtle, with a slight kick of the ginger. It is not as strong as I had remembered, but familiar brightness and a subtle sweetness come and go.

I wouldn’t say this is disappointing, as my views have not changed significantly. I have found other bagged teas that give much greater flavor and more dimension. Yet, this tea still plays on my soft heart.

This is one of my favorite teas of all time! Highly recommended!

This has to be one of the most awkward smelling and tasting tea I have ever tried to date. I was imagining an explosion of fresh flavours – ginger and lemongrass with a touch of pear – when I bought this tea but was sorely disappointed. The ginger tasted stale and flat, not spicy and vibrant as you would have expected. The lemongrass, surprisingly, perpetuated the unpleasant taste and did nothing to lift the flavour of the tea. Did not notice any hint of pear, even after drinking three cups just to make sure that I hate this tea enough to dump the entire box into the trash.

Doesn’t stand out to me, but not bad. Basically meh. If I concentrate on the flavors, I can taste them all, but not something I’d go out of my way to pick up.

Finished the box. Moving on.

Way to stick it out. ;)

Wow… A site for tea drinkers…

Simple. The ginger is prominent and I feel like this would make a good sick tea.

The version I’m reviewing is the re-released one. Again, I’m a sucker for ginger, and that’s the dominant flavor. The lemon grass adds a sweet, mild tartness that I actually like with the ginger. The green tea provides a fresh body for the ginger, but is slightly overwhelmed again by the ginger itself. You know for sure that you are drinking a green tea, but again, the ginger is dominant. I like this one on it’s own or with honey, and it’s actually pretty good for when I’m sick.

Definitely not the best tea I’ve had, albeit enjoyable nevertheless.

Flavors: Ginger, Green, Lemongrass