Emei Snow Buds

Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Tea-Adventure

1 Tasting Note View all

• “I received a free sample of this with my order. As I couldn't find any instructions on brewing temp & time, I just stuck to my average green tea temp & time (80 C/ 3 min). De dry leaf smells...” Read full tasting note
    Barbara78 59 tasting notes

From tea-adventure

From the amazing Emei mountain, the famous snow buds. Picked before the qingming festival and very special in appearance and taste. As far as we know is this great famous Chinese green tea only available at tea-adventure. We searched and found this tea for you. Guarenteed original, hand-picked and organic.

About tea-adventure View company

1 Tasting Note

I received a free sample of this with my order. As I couldn’t find any instructions on brewing temp & time, I just stuck to my average green tea temp & time (80 C/ 3 min).

De dry leaf smells very ‘green’ with a note of seaweed. The smell is very similar, though mellower when brewed.

At first it has a very fresh, somewhat ‘peppery’, brisk taste with some astringency. The sides of my tongue tintle a little. After a few mouthfulls the taste mellows and a sweeter note presents itself. It’s as if some component of the tea coats the inside of your mouth and thus changes your perception of the taste. In the aftertaste I think I detect something mineral like, although I’m not entirely sure. It’s something I haven’t tasted in other teas before.

This is an interesting tea, though not really to my taste. Perhaps I’d review it differently during a hot summer day, when I prefer more ‘fresh’ tastes. If you like straight green teas, this tea definitely is worth trying, despite my not being overly enthousiastic. After all tastes differ and my palette may just not be mature enough to adequately appreciate this tea.

EDIT: I decided to remove my rating because I just can’t honestly rate a tea that is evidently of good quality but just isn’t to my taste.