Golden Yunnan Black

Edit tea info Last updated by Tea-Adventure

1 Tasting Note View all

• “I'm nearly through my stash of Golden Yunnan Black. IMO this represents the 'real' black tea. Black tea like black tea should taste. The commentary by tea-adventure may be that this tea is...” Read full tasting note
    Barbara78 59 tasting notes

From tea-adventure

The only black tea from the puerh tea province is the Yunnan Black. Special since produced with the big leaf variety of the camelia sinensis. When you compare the ‘normal’ Yunnan Black with this Golden Yunnan Black, you see directly the big golden tips. Tea buds from the big tea trees. This tea originates in the Yunnan Black tea capital Fengqing, nearby the border with Myanmar. Very sweet and special black tea taste, different from any other black tea available.

About tea-adventure View company

1 Tasting Note

I’m nearly through my stash of Golden Yunnan Black.

IMO this represents the ‘real’ black tea. Black tea like black tea should taste. The commentary by tea-adventure may be that this tea is exceptional and different, but – although the taste is indeed very good (and maybe exceptional, my taste buds aren’t that refined) – it’s also everything I’d expect from a black tea and in that respect not so different.

A good quality tea that taste wise is a happy middle of the road tea, without ‘typical’ taste qualities that one may of may not like.

A real stasher! I’ll be restocking soon…