Huo Shan Yellow Tea

Yellow Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Tea-Adventure

1 Tasting Note View all

• “I'm so happy!! A few minutes ago the postman deliverd my first order from tea-adventure :-). The first impression is favourable. The teas are packaged in aluminium foil coated bags with...” Read full tasting note
    Barbara78 59 tasting notes

From tea-adventure

Yellow Tea from the Huo Mountain
Huo Shan Huang Ya

Premium quality yellow tea from the north of Anhui Province. Not so well-known, but we are confident that this will change soon.

Origin:

Huoshan County, in the Northwest of Anhui (Lu-an district)

Taste: Tones of chestnut and smooth like the best white tea with a distinctive character.

About tea-adventure View company

1 Tasting Note

I’m so happy!! A few minutes ago the postman deliverd my first order from tea-adventure :-).

The first impression is favourable. The teas are packaged in aluminium foil coated bags with ziplocks, the kind where you have to cut off the top part before being able to open the ziplock and these bags were placed in a cardboard box. What I especially like about this is that (a) de bags can be used for storage due to the ziplock and (b) the tea leaves can’t get crushed in transit b/c of the box.

I’m having my first cup of yellow tea ever. It is very reminiscent of Dragon Well, although – perhaps – with a somewhat different aftertaste. I’m not really sure what it is. A bit ‘peppery’? A very very slight smokey-ness? Is it the chessnut note? I’ll first have to taste both this tea and the Dragon Well to try and pinpoint the difference so I won’t be rating this tea at this point.

Anyways a very good start of the weekend :-)