Mountain Organic Indonesian Black Tea

Organic Black Tea
Cocoa, Malt, Wood, Hay, Baked Bread, Creamy, Dried Fruit, Grain, Honey, Mineral, Molasses, Butter, Cake, Caramel, Cedar, Floral, Green, Milk, Roasted, Raisins, Chocolate, Earth
Medium
Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

Available from 1 seller.

7 Images

• “OK, let's be honest. The first thing I did after opening the envelope was put the sailboat together. Who doesn't love a cool cork sailboat? It is now proudly displayed but not in a bottle because I...” Read full tasting note
    ks6 1413 tasting notes
  • “I've been drinking a bit of this since Christmas but never got around to reviewing it. This was part of my Black Friday hoard, I got one of each tea to try and ended up doubling up on this one as...” Read full tasting note
    KittyLovesTea 1155 tasting notes
  • “This tea is really really good! So many awesome things going on - first off, really attractive packaging. Mountain Organic Indonesian Black also smells fantastic while being steeped - the smell...” Read full tasting note
    awkwardsoul 1075 tasting notes
  • “Thank you for the free samples, Tea At Sea! I also love the little paper/cork/toothpick sail boat that came with the samples. It's sitting on my shelf right now. Usually I don't love Indonesian...” Read full tasting note
    Tea Sipper 1523 tasting notes

From Tea At Sea

Organic grown in the Halimun Mountains of Indonesia at 800m above Sea-Level. Treated with natural spring water and fresh mountain air. The fully oxidized tea leaves have a complex smoky aroma with a rich, smooth, malty taste of deep forest including hints of cedar. Steep at 100°C.and watch how the leaves slowly unfold to extract their natural flavour. Enjoy!

Steep 1.5 – 2 tsp for 5-8 min or until the leaves are fully unfolded.

About Tea At Sea View company

Honestly, I’m kind of running out of things to say – I just really like black tea, and there was nothing particularly disagreeable about this one. I really appreciate the sample from Tea at Sea, all of my interaction with them has been incredible.

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 3 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

I just received my samples last night and thanks to another snow day I can sit and enjoy this WOW this is really different! In a good way! I steeped at 208 for 3 min I am not good at describing tea specially for a tea with this much uniqueness I taste some fruity notes I would say it is brisk but no astringency at all . I believe this good be really good iced. I will test that out. But I am not sure I want to stop drinking this hot it is that good! I am going to try a second steep sure hope i get as much flavor! This is a must have in my cupboard I will be placing an order very soon! Probably today since I am snowed in!

5 g 10 OZ / 295 ML
twingles3

Second steep ….. I am excited just as good! Yeah! I steeped at 208 for 4 min. The wet leaves are still firm and I would say wire like I do think I can get a 3rd steep out of this. From what I can tell this is a good high quality tea and even better organic

twingles3

The 3rd steep just didn’t really do much for me At first it was really fruity sweet but once it cooled it just kinda want flat for me.

Realized after trying this tea that I’ve never been much of a straight black tea drinker. Nothing against them, I just prefer flavored black teas it appears. As far as this tea goes; it’s pretty solid. Though I’m tasting some weird things…. like mac and cheese. My it’s because I’m pregnant. Or maybe the cedar notes reminds me of mac and cheese? Odd. I suggest trying it when it’s cooled off a bit when its hot I don’t find the flavor very appealing.

Flavors: Cedar

4 min, 30 sec 1 tsp
Jennkay

Hm, that’s interesting. I recently got my samples in the mail, so I’ll have to see if I taste that, too!

This is some seriously tasty tea! I brewed up a pot to sip this afternoon and it was gone very quickly. It has a nice smooth taste and just really makes a delicious cup of tea.

Very satisfied with the quality of this black tea, I have now found my distributor for organically grown, high quality teas. I have only tried their Oolong and this Black, but will be sure to try all their organic ones as soon as my cupboard needs some replenishment! I can’t wait to try their Green! I should mention that my girlfriend flipped out when she saw the packaging and the little sailboat! She’s not a big tea drinker, but she really wanted some of this!

Best Organic Black Tea I have ever drank.

I am not a big Black tea fan. But after trying the free samples, it impressed me and changed my view towards Black tea. This is the best Black tea I have tried so far. I think I am going to stay with this one!

This tea makes me happy. Despite a full Western steep of 5 minutes, the tea came out somewhat light-bodied and very fresh tasting with a soft mouth feel and nice malt tones. As it cooled a bit, an almost cocoa thing came to the fore. The second steep was certainly palatable, but fainter all around. A very nice introduction to Tea at Sea.

Flavors: Cocoa, Malt

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

I really wish that I could have enjoyed this tea more, but I got super nauseous in the middle of it:( Stupid body..
From what I gathered, it’s pretty malty, but also pretty woody. I didn’t have enough time with it to decide whether or not I would like to try this again :/
But guess now I need to so I can write a better tasting note-haha!

Flavors: Malt, Wood

The Cookie Lady

I liked this note, but I DO NOT like you being nauseous :( Sorry you aren’t getting to enjoy this!

Red Fennekin

Sorry to hear about your nausea :(

Ost

Haha that’s okay :P Least I don’t get sick every time

Kirkoneill1988

I never felt that way when I drank tea.

Man, I need to train my palate if I’m going to start reviewing unflavoured teas. I keep wanting to say things like: “It tastes like tea. Yummy tea!”. So, um. Trying for something a bit better than that. I brewed this with 1.5tsp (actually, started with 1tsp and then went back and added 0.5tsp when I read the brewing instructions on this page) in 8oz, and for 5min (the package actually suggested 5-8min, which seemed long to me). Anyway, it brews up into a lovely reddish-brown colour. I find it to be medium-bodied, very smooth and easy to drink – I have absolutely no desire to add milk or sugar, you know? It reminds me a bit of a Darjeeling I have in my cupboard. Ok, I’ve been sipping this while staring at a tea wheel and here’s what I think I can taste: malt, wood/forest, and maybe a slightly grassy fresh hay note? As I finish the cup I’m starting to get a bit of astringency, but I didn’t really notice it that much earlier. I also feel calm, and a little bit sleepy, so I don’t think I’d drink this as a morning pick-me-up. I like it. Off to re-steep now. :)

Flavors: Hay, Malt, Wood

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

Nothing wrong with writing that! Lol