Mountain Organic Indonesian Oolong Tea

Oolong Tea
Oolong Tea Leaves
Flowers, Orchids, Baked Bread, Earth, Seaweed, Cream, Honey, Nuts, Mineral, Peach, Green Beans
Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by nonygray

3 Images

• “I used a couple ounces more water than intended but the results were good. This is a solid contender for a everyday oolong. The liquor is highly floral scented and a lovely green. The cup is much...” Read full tasting note
    ks6 1249 tasting notes
  • “Smoooooth is the first impression. The leaves are dark green and wrap-curled into small beads with tails. I don’t notice much of a smell when I open the package. After brewing 2 tsp to 8oz at 200F...” Read full tasting note
    carol who 246 tasting notes
  • “Well.... I have to say I'm impressed. The tea is delicious. I got this as a free sample which arrived yesterday in a beautiful packaging with the cutest little sailboat. :) Thank you! I'm loving...” Read full tasting note
    Kamyria 125 tasting notes
  • “I received a free sample of this from *Tea At Sea*. Thank you for allowing me to try this tea. This tea arrived at my door in very cute packaging. I received two samples and they were in small...” Read full tasting note
    Teatiff 332 tasting notes

From Tea At Sea

Organic grown in the Halimun Mountains of Indonesia at 800m above Sea-Level. Treated with natural spring water and fresh mountain air. These 35% oxidized tea leaves have a honey milk aroma, light creamy taste with a hint of marine. Wake up the tea leaves and steep around 100°C and watch how the leaves slowly unfold to extract their natural flavour. Enjoy!

Steep 1.5-2 tsp for 5-8 min or until the leaves have fully unfolded.

www.Tea-At-Sea.com

About Tea At Sea View company

Love this tea! Nice and floral and sweet. I think I steeped it about 6 times.

Flavors: Flowers

6 g 4 OZ / 118 ML
yyz

I was so tempted by their sale! But, I have a rediculously amount of tea in the house right now.

Ah….I had been saving this for a rainy day – which turned out to be day 1 of 3 days of back to back meetings… Too bad it’s only a sample because it is really good! Heavy on the floral notes, but I like that in a green oolong. It kind of reminds me of an orchid oolong I loved a while back but can’t find anymore. Perhaps this one is a new contender.

Flavors: Flowers, Orchids

I bought this tea after sampling the free samples. At first between this and the straight green, I loved the green more but now I am really enjoying this. Dry, its tightly wound knots of bright green with stems sticking out and not much scent. 1 tsp rinsed then brewed western style yields this satisfying brew its initial flavor is so light a breath of grass and hay and just a touch of vanilla and orchid but as I keep sipping it unfolds into a substantial bread and butter taste with a vanilla and honey after taste. I had a disturbing afternoon, I was greeted by in injured sea lion as i headed out for my swim, his injuries had me worried for the whole swim. This tea has calmed me down now i can
move on to evening tasks

Now, honestly i was a bit disappointed by this tea. I opened the packaging, i was very impressed by the tight rolled leaves and the bright green fresh leaves. However, after the initial brew which often seems to be the most powerful, i really didn’t get much. Almost to the point of just warmed water with a very subtle flavor. I chalked it up to maybe a bit over temp. I tried a second steeping, but to little avail. I am not sure if it was supposed to be as mellow and subtle as it was but i definitely noticed a lighter color but a more pronounced taste. It was very very subtle. I still have more for another try, but i honestly just wasn’t impressed. Maybe after another try i might get a different result, but i am happy i tried it nonetheless.

DELICIOUS. It brews golden green and smells like sweet buttery honey cream. I tried it with and without cream and preferred it without. The taste is light, there’s a bit of a… nutty almost(?) and honey taste at the beginning then it fades to a light, creamy marine taste. Being organic is just a bonus! Wonderful! I highly recommend!

Flavors: Cream, Honey, Nuts

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 10 OZ / 295 ML

It’s fitting to drink Tea at Sea teas with my whale mug! :O Yep, I’m happy with it – can’t you tell?

And I’m happy with this tea as well. The instructions said to steep around 100C, but not for how long, so I went with 2 minutes. I don’t taste the promised honey milk aroma, but I do get floral notes. I re-steeped it for 4, and it’s a little roastier, but still very floral. I can tell that this is a good oolong, but because of the floral notes, it’s not one I would reach for often.

I still am happy I had the chance to sample it. Thanks Tea At Sea!
sipdown (184)

Thanks to Tea At Sea for sending out samples! I like this oolong, it’s got that floral taste but it’s not too strong for me. It was a really light yellow color when steeped the first time.. maybe it wasn’t long enough but I liked the mild taste and could taste a little sweetness. I steeped it a couple more times and it was good.

After half a week of scurry-and-scream (work) and half a week of scurry-fret-panic-no-sleep (parent care), today is a blessing: weather rotten enough to justify staying in and time enough to make a cuppa something to enjoy slowly.

The vendor description calls this oolong " light creamy taste with a hint of marine." I get that, definitely the creamy part; however, my first taste association was sweet white grape juice. It’s not drying in the mouth at all.

Because I failed to completly read the label, I pulled the leaves out well ahead of the 5-8 minute recommended steep time (that’s definitely maritime tea!) but even so, it has a velvety, buttery-rich, texture and is plenty flavorful. Looking forward to the second submersion, cap’n.

This is my second brewing of this tea, and it’s also a sipdown!

First infusion was still fairly nutty. I changed the brewing vessel, though, so instead of using a small glass teapot for the oolong, I just put it all into a big mug. The tea’s continually steeping as I drink.

Because of this, I’m getting kind of a seaweedy taste, but it’s not unpleasant. That said, the nutty savouriness of this tea is still the most strongest element to me. Not astringent at all.

This is a good tea. I have been drinking almost exclusively black teas for awhile now, so this oolong was a bit of a change. This is the kind of oolong I tend to like less than roasted oolongs, and this does have the properties I kind a bit less suited to me, which doesn’t mean I didn’t like this tea. The first steeping was bright! It had a thin sharpness which is ideal to me for this kind of oolong. It’s mildly floral, and it manages to be vegetable without being grassy—and I dislike vegetable tasting teas quite a bit. Drinking it was kind of like drinking the experience of spending a bright sunny may afternoon in a very well cultivated park. I know that sounds crazy, but that was the experience I thought of when I first sipped this tea.

The leaves unfolded beautifully when it steeped, and were wide and green in appearance, rolled and bundled before brewed.

The second seeping was also good, and the second steeping definitely held on to the floral qualities. The more vegetable qualities disappeared some, but so did the sharpness of the cup. The second steeping mellowed the tea out. I haven’t yet tried for a third.

Overall, this is a solid oolong, and I would add this to my cupboard in a heartbeat. It’s very tasty, even though it’s different from what I usually drink.