Mountain Organic Indonesian Oolong Tea

Oolong Tea
Oolong Tea Leaves
Creamy, Floral, Grass, Peach, Sweet, Vegetal, Flowers, Orchids, Baked Bread, Earth, Seaweed, Cream, Honey, Nuts, Mineral, Green Beans
Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

Available from 1 seller.

3 Images

• “I used a couple ounces more water than intended but the results were good. This is a solid contender for a everyday oolong. The liquor is highly floral scented and a lovely green. The cup is much...” Read full tasting note
    ks6 1382 tasting notes
  • “Smoooooth is the first impression. The leaves are dark green and wrap-curled into small beads with tails. I don’t notice much of a smell when I open the package. After brewing 2 tsp to 8oz at 200F...” Read full tasting note
    carol who 364 tasting notes
  • “Well.... I have to say I'm impressed. The tea is delicious. I got this as a free sample which arrived yesterday in a beautiful packaging with the cutest little sailboat. :) Thank you! I'm loving...” Read full tasting note
    Kamyria 125 tasting notes
  • “I received a free sample of this from *Tea At Sea*. Thank you for allowing me to try this tea. This tea arrived at my door in very cute packaging. I received two samples and they were in small...” Read full tasting note
    Teatiff 422 tasting notes

From Tea At Sea

Organic grown in the Halimun Mountains of Indonesia at 800m above Sea-Level. Treated with natural spring water and fresh mountain air. These 35% oxidized tea leaves have a honey milk aroma, light creamy taste with a hint of marine. Wake up the tea leaves and steep around 100°C and watch how the leaves slowly unfold to extract their natural flavour. Enjoy!

Steep 1.5-2 tsp for 5-8 min or until the leaves have fully unfolded.

About Tea At Sea View company

This is my second brewing of this tea, and it’s also a sipdown!

First infusion was still fairly nutty. I changed the brewing vessel, though, so instead of using a small glass teapot for the oolong, I just put it all into a big mug. The tea’s continually steeping as I drink.

Because of this, I’m getting kind of a seaweedy taste, but it’s not unpleasant. That said, the nutty savouriness of this tea is still the most strongest element to me. Not astringent at all.

This is a good tea. I have been drinking almost exclusively black teas for awhile now, so this oolong was a bit of a change. This is the kind of oolong I tend to like less than roasted oolongs, and this does have the properties I kind a bit less suited to me, which doesn’t mean I didn’t like this tea. The first steeping was bright! It had a thin sharpness which is ideal to me for this kind of oolong. It’s mildly floral, and it manages to be vegetable without being grassy—and I dislike vegetable tasting teas quite a bit. Drinking it was kind of like drinking the experience of spending a bright sunny may afternoon in a very well cultivated park. I know that sounds crazy, but that was the experience I thought of when I first sipped this tea.

The leaves unfolded beautifully when it steeped, and were wide and green in appearance, rolled and bundled before brewed.

The second seeping was also good, and the second steeping definitely held on to the floral qualities. The more vegetable qualities disappeared some, but so did the sharpness of the cup. The second steeping mellowed the tea out. I haven’t yet tried for a third.

Overall, this is a solid oolong, and I would add this to my cupboard in a heartbeat. It’s very tasty, even though it’s different from what I usually drink.

Thanks to Tea at Sea for the free sample! A month ago, this probably would have been a contender for one of my favorites, but I have had many many oolongs since, so I’ve become a bit pickier. This one was floral and smooth, which was very nice. However, the flavor was a bit mild for me. Perhaps I should have used more leaf. Also, there was nothing particularly special about it that made me instantly want to order more. I definitely enjoyed it, though, and I would recommend it as a nice oolong, just not the best I’ve had.

internet dropping like flies in summer… i’ll try and write a proper review of this tomorrow if it comes back up. This is not as oolongy as other oolongs i dislike, but nothing here wows me. prefer the green tea from tea @ sea

I received my samples today from Tea At Sea and so thankful they have generously sent them. This oolong brews up a yellow/amber colour. The taste is delicious with a bit of the milkiness like the milk oolongs but not overly strong. It’s the same for the floral notes in the tea. It’s a very smooth tasting tea and I could definitely get used to this as an everyday oolong.

Flavors: Cream, Flowers

The aroma of the dry leaf is pleasantly floral and also smells creamier after being steeped. The liquor, a pale yellow, is full-bodied and rich with a peachy flavor that reminds me of eating freshly peaches in the summer. In this regard, it is evocative of sunshine with a “just right” intensity. The liquor’s texture is clear but becomes just a little creamy after sitting in the mouth for a few seconds. This tea has a tart aftertaste; the peach lingers for in a minute in the mouth.

Flavors: Cream, Flowers, Peach

200 °F / 93 °C 1 min, 0 sec 5 g 8 OZ / 236 ML

Decided to try this one next and save the green tea for tomorrow. I haven’t had a lot of experience at all with oolongs (if I’ve had any; I can’t remember, but this may be my first), so I wasn’t really sure what to expect.

The rolled-up leaves looked cool, and made a satisfying clinking sound when I dropped them into my French press. The leaves looked small, but as soon as I poured water over them, they began to unfold. I was really surprised at how big they got; I suppose even the loose-leaf tea I’ve had hasn’t been all full leaf, because this was like nothing I’d ever seen before; the leaves looked like they completely filled the water.

The first cup was close to the color of a green tea. The aroma was floral, and the taste was lightly floral, as well. It was very smooth. The second steep was similar, but the floral notes were more prominent, and it tasted even sweeter. This tea was simply delicious; I’m not sure if all oolongs are this good, or if it’s just this particular one, but I’m excited to try more at some point. A wonderful cup of tea (I might go try a third steep soon)

(Edit: Third steep was also delicious)

Boiling 5 min, 15 sec 2 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

This is a delicious floral and creamy oolong. A tea you can savor. I was able to steep it 3 times Western style.

Boiling 6 min, 45 sec 3 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

First off, this company has the most adorable packaging! Little sail boats and waves, so cute! As for the tea, I did like it quite a bit, but I think for me it was almost a little too floral tasting. I added a bit of cream to mine and ended up liking it much better that way. It was also pretty fun to watch how much the little green leaves unfurled into my IngenuiTEA, the thing looked like it was half full of leaves when I dispensed it into my cup!

This is the same tasting note for the 3 Organic Teas from this company. I just felt I should add it here too.

I got 5 samples of their tea here in Nice, France even though it’s a Canadian company. The 5g samples from their Organic collection are amazing. I steeped a small teapot with the whole 5g like the guy at the booth said and the freshness is more than anticipated. It feels like the tea was picked this morning. Mountain Organic Indonesian Black Tea is my favourite of the three (Green, Black, Oolong). Used my new Breville tea maker set to 100 degrees for the black tea and 85 degrees for the green tea. The green tea smells a bit of seaweed and the ocean and tastes very light, smooth and refreshing while the black is a little sweet, strong and more full bodied. The Oolong was very nice but the ceylon Sencha was not what I expected. Never had Sencha from Sri Lanka before and I don’t think I will do it again but the Organic Black, Green and Oolong are a must try for every tea lover.