Mountain Organic Indonesian Oolong Tea

Oolong Tea
Oolong Tea Leaves
Honey, Honeysuckle, Smooth, Sweet, warm grass, Creamy, Floral, Sweet, Vegetal, Baked Bread, Butter, Cream, Gardenias, Orchids, Grass, Peach, Flowers, Earth, Seaweed, Nuts, Mineral, Green Beans
Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

Available from 1 seller.

3 Images

• “I used a couple ounces more water than intended but the results were good. This is a solid contender for a everyday oolong. The liquor is highly floral scented and a lovely green. The cup is much...” Read full tasting note
    ks6 1488 tasting notes
  • “Smoooooth is the first impression. The leaves are dark green and wrap-curled into small beads with tails. I don’t notice much of a smell when I open the package. After brewing 2 tsp to 8oz at 200F...” Read full tasting note
    carol-who 416 tasting notes
  • “Well…. I have to say I’m impressed. The tea is delicious. I got this as a free sample which arrived yesterday in a beautiful packaging with the cutest little sailboat. :) Thank you!...” Read full tasting note
    Kamyria 125 tasting notes
  • “I received a free sample of this from Tea At Sea. Thank you for allowing me to try this tea. This tea arrived at my door in very cute packaging. I received two samples and they...” Read full tasting note
    Teatiff 483 tasting notes

From Tea At Sea

Organic grown in the Halimun Mountains of Indonesia at 800m above Sea-Level. Treated with natural spring water and fresh mountain air. These 35% oxidized tea leaves have a honey milk aroma, light creamy taste with a hint of marine. Wake up the tea leaves and steep around 100°C and watch how the leaves slowly unfold to extract their natural flavour. Enjoy!

Steep 1.5-2 tsp for 5-8 min or until the leaves have fully unfolded.

About Tea At Sea View company

DELICIOUS. It brews golden green and smells like sweet buttery honey cream. I tried it with and without cream and preferred it without. The taste is light, there’s a bit of a… nutty almost(?) and honey taste at the beginning then it fades to a light, creamy marine taste. Being organic is just a bonus! Wonderful! I highly recommend!

Flavors: Cream, Honey, Nuts

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 10 OZ / 295 ML

It’s fitting to drink Tea at Sea teas with my whale mug! :O Yep, I’m happy with it – can’t you tell?

And I’m happy with this tea as well. The instructions said to steep around 100C, but not for how long, so I went with 2 minutes. I don’t taste the promised honey milk aroma, but I do get floral notes. I re-steeped it for 4, and it’s a little roastier, but still very floral. I can tell that this is a good oolong, but because of the floral notes, it’s not one I would reach for often.

I still am happy I had the chance to sample it. Thanks Tea At Sea!
sipdown (184)

Thanks to Tea At Sea for sending out samples! I like this oolong, it’s got that floral taste but it’s not too strong for me. It was a really light yellow color when steeped the first time.. maybe it wasn’t long enough but I liked the mild taste and could taste a little sweetness. I steeped it a couple more times and it was good.

After half a week of scurry-and-scream (work) and half a week of scurry-fret-panic-no-sleep (parent care), today is a blessing: weather rotten enough to justify staying in and time enough to make a cuppa something to enjoy slowly.

The vendor description calls this oolong " light creamy taste with a hint of marine." I get that, definitely the creamy part; however, my first taste association was sweet white grape juice. It’s not drying in the mouth at all.

Because I failed to completly read the label, I pulled the leaves out well ahead of the 5-8 minute recommended steep time (that’s definitely maritime tea!) but even so, it has a velvety, buttery-rich, texture and is plenty flavorful. Looking forward to the second submersion, cap’n.

This is my second brewing of this tea, and it’s also a sipdown!

First infusion was still fairly nutty. I changed the brewing vessel, though, so instead of using a small glass teapot for the oolong, I just put it all into a big mug. The tea’s continually steeping as I drink.

Because of this, I’m getting kind of a seaweedy taste, but it’s not unpleasant. That said, the nutty savouriness of this tea is still the most strongest element to me. Not astringent at all.

This is a good tea. I have been drinking almost exclusively black teas for awhile now, so this oolong was a bit of a change. This is the kind of oolong I tend to like less than roasted oolongs, and this does have the properties I kind a bit less suited to me, which doesn’t mean I didn’t like this tea. The first steeping was bright! It had a thin sharpness which is ideal to me for this kind of oolong. It’s mildly floral, and it manages to be vegetable without being grassy—and I dislike vegetable tasting teas quite a bit. Drinking it was kind of like drinking the experience of spending a bright sunny may afternoon in a very well cultivated park. I know that sounds crazy, but that was the experience I thought of when I first sipped this tea.

The leaves unfolded beautifully when it steeped, and were wide and green in appearance, rolled and bundled before brewed.

The second seeping was also good, and the second steeping definitely held on to the floral qualities. The more vegetable qualities disappeared some, but so did the sharpness of the cup. The second steeping mellowed the tea out. I haven’t yet tried for a third.

Overall, this is a solid oolong, and I would add this to my cupboard in a heartbeat. It’s very tasty, even though it’s different from what I usually drink.

Thanks to Tea at Sea for the free sample! A month ago, this probably would have been a contender for one of my favorites, but I have had many many oolongs since, so I’ve become a bit pickier. This one was floral and smooth, which was very nice. However, the flavor was a bit mild for me. Perhaps I should have used more leaf. Also, there was nothing particularly special about it that made me instantly want to order more. I definitely enjoyed it, though, and I would recommend it as a nice oolong, just not the best I’ve had.

internet dropping like flies in summer… i’ll try and write a proper review of this tomorrow if it comes back up. This is not as oolongy as other oolongs i dislike, but nothing here wows me. prefer the green tea from tea @ sea

I received my samples today from Tea At Sea and so thankful they have generously sent them. This oolong brews up a yellow/amber colour. The taste is delicious with a bit of the milkiness like the milk oolongs but not overly strong. It’s the same for the floral notes in the tea. It’s a very smooth tasting tea and I could definitely get used to this as an everyday oolong.

Flavors: Cream, Flowers

The aroma of the dry leaf is pleasantly floral and also smells creamier after being steeped. The liquor, a pale yellow, is full-bodied and rich with a peachy flavor that reminds me of eating freshly peaches in the summer. In this regard, it is evocative of sunshine with a “just right” intensity. The liquor’s texture is clear but becomes just a little creamy after sitting in the mouth for a few seconds. This tea has a tart aftertaste; the peach lingers for in a minute in the mouth.

Flavors: Cream, Flowers, Peach