Organic Pu-erh

Mushrooms, Wood
Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

Available from 1 seller.

• “The leaf is a mix of light brown and dark brown twisties. Smells like most puerhs: wet earth and pond water. The directions on the website seemed way too different from what I usually do for...” Read full tasting note
    Mandyyyy 261 tasting notes
  • “When I placed my order with Tea at Sea they generously gave me some more samples free. This is one I looked forward to trying. In the package it smelled so rich, almost chocolatey. I brewed it...” Read full tasting note
    Ubacat 229 tasting notes

From Tea At Sea

Grown in Menglai Hill, Yunnan 1200m-2000m above sea-level this tea has deep, dark flavours of old bark with hints of damp moss and mushrooms.

About Tea At Sea View company

The directions on the website seemed way too different from what I usually do for puerhs so I just went with my usual 10s rinse, 10s rinse, 20,25,45,60 with the whole sample (4-5g?) and ~4-5oz water.

I actually saved the rinses in a cup, and sweetened it’s not bad (yes I sweeten my blacks and puerhs usually. I find it pulls out the notes I like and softens any I don’t). Very dark and strong, but palatable. I only drank about half, because. Like I said, it’s strong.

The first actual steep is smoother and sweeter than the rinses. This is very earthy. I can definitely believe mushrooms, and even moss. The taste remains constant the out the second steep, and mellows a little by the third steep.

The forth steep is even more mellow, but still enjoyable. This could probably go another couple of rounds, maybe later. This pretty good, and I wonder why they only sell the sample size on the site?

Boiling 0 min, 30 sec 5 tsp 5 OZ / 147 ML
Sarsonator

It sounds like a ripe pu’erh?

Mandy

I’ve only had one raw puerh, and this is much more like the all the ripe I’ve had so yes, I’m almost positive that it’s ripe.

When I placed my order with Tea at Sea they generously gave me some more samples free. This is one I looked forward to trying. In the package it smelled so rich, almost chocolatey. I brewed it up and was drinking from the first infusion when I read on their website to discard the first infusion. Don’t know why. It was tasting pretty good but strong. So i followed their directions, discarded it and did a 2nd infusion. More of the mushroomy taste comes through in the 2nd infusion and the bark/woody flavor is just a little less strong. It’s still a pretty strong tea but sooo earthy and rich. MMMMM I’ve just slurped the last sip down.

Flavors: Mushrooms, Wood