Organic Yunnan Green

Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

Available from 1 seller.

From Tea At Sea

Grown in Menglai Hill, Yunnan 1200m-2000m above sea-level this tea is slightly Sweet, fresh, calm and refreshingly gentle to taste and smell.

About Tea At Sea View company

Man, I think this is the last sample from my Tea at Sea order. There were a good amount of lovely teas, but I don’t know if I would really place another order. Their best tea only comes in 5g sample packets. Ah well, I am glad to have sampled this Company’s teas!

So, this tea. It smells nicely floral on the dry leaf. It was a little bitter on the steeping, but I think that boils down to my brewing method. It was slightly sweet, slighty buttery and slightly grassy. Boy a green that bowls me over. A lovely cup to enjoy on a slow day at work.

This is a nice, light, smooth green tea. Pleasant enough to drink, but not particularly memorable.

185 °F / 85 °C 3 min, 0 sec 2 g 8 OZ / 236 ML

Backlog from Christmas Day.

When I made my BF orders last month, I ordered a few varieties of tea in 100g bags, rather than 50g bags. What I ended up doing was splitting those bags in half and saving one half for my aunt’s Christmas present.

She has no idea what a privilege this is – I willingly gave her 50g of Teavivre’s Bi Luo Chun, fer Chrissakes!

Anyways, during Christmas dinner, she and my uncle wanted some tea, so I poured this out for them, under the assumption that:

1. This is a tea I want to get rid of, so making an extra big pot of it for guests would be a smart idea, and
2. They’ll probably like it anyway, even if I don’t.

Long story short, they only had 1 small mug a piece. I had at least 1L of this left that no one wanted to touch. Got poured down the sink. Ah well.

Had this tea yesterday from a free sample from Tea at Sea. Can’t remember much about it. Nothing was outstanding and nothing bad. It seemed like a perfectly fine cup of green tea. Probably would need to drink it a few time to determine if I really like it.

175 °F / 79 °C