Organic Yunnan Green

Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason
175 °F / 79 °C

Available from 1 seller.

• “Backlog review 9 of 13. Remember a few notes back when I said that I didn't like Capital Tea's Yunnan Green, and that I was going to avoid similar teas? I forgot what I was thinking when I bought...” Read full tasting note
    cvasilevski 533 tasting notes
  • “Had this tea yesterday from a free sample from Tea at Sea. Can't remember much about it. Nothing was outstanding and nothing bad. It seemed like a perfectly fine cup of green tea. Probably...” Read full tasting note
    Ubacat 241 tasting notes

From Tea At Sea

Grown in Menglai Hill, Yunnan 1200m-2000m above sea-level this tea is slightly Sweet, fresh, calm and refreshingly gentle to taste and smell.

About Tea At Sea View company

Backlog review 9 of 13.

Remember a few notes back when I said that I didn’t like Capital Tea’s Yunnan Green, and that I was going to avoid similar teas?

I forgot what I was thinking when I bought this. Picture the scene: they’ve just announced that the trade show floor will be closing at the Canadian Coffee and Tea Show on Sunday evening. I’ve been prowling the same aisles of the trade show floors for a few hours, but no tea vendors are actually selling tea to the attendants – just providing samples for future reference.

Suddenly, I come across Tea at Sea’s booth, which I knew was at the event, but never actually found until after the closing announcement had been made. I’ve been wanting to buy tea all day with no luck.

And Tea at Sea is actually selling canisters of tea! And their tea is cheap! And I just get caught up in the rush of it all that I buy a canister of their Yunnan Green because I just want to buy something, you know?

Both people at the booth were incredibly nice, and I don’t mind having another tea in the cupboard since I know I’ll drink this over time.

But I do have a handy comment for the Tea at Sea people, in case you guys ever see this note: Jesus Christ, your canisters are hard to open. They’re too small to hold comfortably, and the tops are pushed in so snugly that it takes a lot of effort to pull the lid off – and because you have to pull so hard to remove the lid, when the package finally does open, I end up spilling tea everywhere.

Please, please, in the future, make your packages easier to open. I’m begging you.

Anyways, I had this I think on Monday? Decent, green, smoky, slightly astringent. Pretty much like a gunpowder, even if the name is different.

Had this tea yesterday from a free sample from Tea at Sea. Can’t remember much about it. Nothing was outstanding and nothing bad. It seemed like a perfectly fine cup of green tea. Probably would need to drink it a few time to determine if I really like it.

175 °F / 79 °C