Sweet Sakura Black Tea

Edit tea info Last updated by Jillian

• “So, back to samples from *Alphakitty*! Having a single teabag of something counts as a sipdown, yes? Yeah, I thought so too :D The tea I'm trying is black tea with cherry blossom essence and...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2605 tasting notes
  • “Most Green teas could always use something after you've had alot of green tea to drink. And this tea does the Cherry Blossom justice, bringing out its natural flavor and sweetness. As soon as you...” Read full tasting note
    RunByGreenTea 11 tasting notes
  • “This is one of the most unique tea experiences i've had so far! an old friend of mine that lives in Japan gave this to me on her recent visit to the states. it is only cherry blossoms, no added...” Read full tasting note
    twigglestea 46 tasting notes
  • “I got this with the green tea as opposed to the black tea. Tea is very sweet without adding honey. I added a touch of honey however cause i have a bit of a sore throat. Very smooth and floral...” Read full tasting note
    Rescueme91106 79 tasting notes

From Tea Boutique

Sweet Sakura Tea from Tea Boutique

Ingredients: Black tea, Cherry blossom leaves, Cherry blossom essence, Flavor

About Tea Boutique View company

So, back to samples from Alphakitty! Having a single teabag of something counts as a sipdown, yes? Yeah, I thought so too :D

The tea I’m trying is black tea with cherry blossom essence and leaves (since there appear to be multiple teas with this same name??) Anyhow, the aroma I’m getting (even from the teabag itself!) is very much sour cherry. And stronger than I would have expected! The packet indicated to infuse for between 1-2 minutes, so I went with 1:30 since I’m sometimes a baby with black teas.

Flavourwise, this tea is quite smooth (which is nice since the other two blacks I’ve had tonight were not so much!), and I can definitely taste what’s coming off to me as sour cherry! I see that someone wrote below that it tasted a bit like Japanese pickled/preserved plums (ume?), and I’d agree with that as well. The flavour overall is pretty light, but it’s a bit refreshing, heh. It’s not too light though (I did just use about 6 oz. water though, as teabags are often weak to me). I’m not sure I would have identified this as “cherry blossom”, but it’s certainly a pretty decent bagged tea!

Thanks for letting me try it, Alphakitty!

Most Green teas could always use something after you’ve had alot of green tea to drink. And this tea does the Cherry Blossom justice, bringing out its natural flavor and sweetness. As soon as you open the tea packet I picked up floral notes, but the full magnitude of the Cherry Blossom was obtained when I brewed it. It is such a sweet and refreshing flavor, as opposed to a regular green tea.

This is one of the most unique tea experiences i’ve had so far! an old friend of mine that lives in Japan gave this to me on her recent visit to the states. it is only cherry blossoms, no added green or black tea. the cherry blossoms smell strongly of umeboshi plum, which is a pickled Japanese plum (actually more similar to an apricot). The smell hits you as soon as you open the package. I tasted the leaves before steeping and it tastes almost exactly like an umeboshi plum! very, very salty and tart, and sweet. a very strong flavor. The resulting tea itself smells exactly as it does before steeping. it has a very faint taste of pickled apricot, or perhaps pickled raisin. a very strange taste!! Not sure that this is something I’d want to drink all the time, but it is a fun adventure. the blossoms look beautiful while floating in the water!
for a few pictures, go here http://teahappiness.blogspot.com/2011/01/unexpected-tea-gift.html

I got this with the green tea as opposed to the black tea. Tea is very sweet without adding honey. I added a touch of honey however cause i have a bit of a sore throat. Very smooth and floral without makingit seem like i’m drinking perfume.

I’ve seen three versions of this tea; a black, a green, and “cherry blossom.” The only one I’ve tried so far is the cherry blossom. The flavor is very delicate, but enjoyable and nicely balanced. It has the blend of sweet-saltiness that I typically associate with sakura mochi. I think it would go well with a mild (not too sweet) omochi.

I absolutely love cherry blossoms, especially in tea! This is a delightful tea. It is sweet and not astringent. I love the slight cherry and floral tones in this tea. It is a good blend.

I bought this tea from a Japanese market on the recommendation from a friend. Flavor is weak, and the cherry sweetness does not harmonize well with the black tea.

This is my first time trying Sweet Sakura. I got this from a girl in HI who got it from a friend while in Japan. It’s neat to watch. It’s clear in color. Prior to steeping it’s OVERLY sweet but after steeping is a pleasant sweetness in the cup. It’s a pale flavor but I think it’s ideal for what it’s trying to accomplish. Very nice treat.