Coconut Pouchong

Oolong Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Chris

From Tea Chai Te

This lightly fermented oolong tea is instilled with young coconut nectar.

About Tea Chai Te View company

Oh how I LOVE this…I can’t believe I am parting with the lil bit I have left…

Azzrian

Coconut Pouchongs are always AMAZING I have yet to try one I do not like!

TeaEqualsBliss

I feel the same way :)

Azzrian

its interesting to me as well as coconut is not (IMO) an easy flavor to “get right” in teas. Maybe it is the pouchong that makes it so perfect!

Yum! This is absolutely perfect with my Dim Sum!

Light and deliciously coconut-y!

Will write more about this later for SororiTea Sisters blog, but right now, I’m enjoying lunch! cheers!

The aroma of this oolong is absolutely heavenly – obviously coconut in its dry form, but delicate when steeped. It leaves a little bit of an oily taste in the mouth from the nectar after the first steeping, but not in subsequent steeps. While the bouquet is pleasing and the golden color pretty, I’m actually a little disappointed in the flavor, having been perhaps spoiled by a slightly sweeter coconut oolong from Townshend’s Tea. Still, as a lightly flavored coconut tea, it’s something I can drink a lot of without getting overwhelmed by the tropical aspect. I’ve heard it makes an amazing kombucha, so I’m looking forward to trying their brew sometime.