Chai Rooibos Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by TeaEqualsBliss

From Tea Chai Te

Medicinal elixir with rooibos, cardamom, cherry bark, slippery elm, licorice root & clove to relieve sore throats and stuffy sinuses. A terrific evening tea as well. Organic.

About Tea Chai Te View company

thanks TeaEqualsBliss for sending this in a trade a while back. On the site searching for steeping notes, I noticed it mentioned that this was a 1st Place Winner in Oregon’s First State Tea Competition – Sept. 2, 2011. Nice! This seemed to me more of a chai than anything medicinal! The tea looks better than in this picture. There are many colors in the blend! The steep color is a bright orange. The taste is a pretty solid chai… the type not mixed with black tea which is nice sometimes. I like the addition of the licorice… it adds something special! (Even though the tea I had yesterday also had licorice.) Nice and spicy!

MsWhatsit

I love a good licorice chai.

I saved this tisane for a time like this – trying to avoid getting sick like the rest of my house seems to be! This is a very soothing blend. Much tastier than I thought it would be. The cardamom and cloves come through very nicely, the rooibos are not a strong component but do lend a little bit of woody/nutty taste to the cup. The licorice is also quite strong. This tastes a bit more like a spice melangé than a medicinal/functional tea to me, and that’s a good thing! It does have a medicinal quality to it that sort of sits in the background, but it isn’t an unpleasant taste. Not a bad way to take my medicine!

Got this one from LiberTEAs! YAY! It’s like Christmas all over again! Thanks so much!

I can primarily taste the chai-like flavors…mostly cardamom and then the licorice is fairly strong, too! The Rooibos flavors take a back seat.

I’m enjoying this one more than I thought I would. This is decent.