Velvet Oolong

Oolong Tea
Butter, Popcorn
Edit tea info Last updated by TeaEqualsBliss

• “Delicious! It's been a while since I've had this Oolong. It is a milk Oolong, and I just learned that in last year's Oregon Tea competition it won 1st place. Cool. A lovely milky/fresh cream...” Read full tasting note
    LiberTEAS 4550 tasting notes
  • “Thanks LiberTEAs for this one. This not only smells but tasted a little like buttermilk. I'm not really sure how I feel about that to be honest. This one somewhat surprised me...not a good...” Read full tasting note
    teaequalsbliss 6770 tasting notes
  • “An unusual oolong that reminded me of buttered popcorn in taste and especially in smell (in a good way). It has a creamy flavor to it - a pleasant departure from the expected. I rated it a 75 in...” Read full tasting note
    TeaVoyeur 6 tasting notes

From Tea Chai Te

Buttery in aroma with a smooth cup, the subtle floral notes are complimented by natural flavoring to enhance its lightly creamy body and taste. Known as a Tawainese milk oolong, this tea has an addictive flavor to it.

About Tea Chai Te View company

Delicious! It’s been a while since I’ve had this Oolong. It is a milk Oolong, and I just learned that in last year’s Oregon Tea competition it won 1st place. Cool.

A lovely milky/fresh cream taste with just a hint of buttermilk to it. The floral tones in the background are very lovely, and they emerge more with subsequent infusions (I’m on my third and fourth infusion now).

I like this one a lot.

Thanks LiberTEAs for this one.

This not only smells but tasted a little like buttermilk. I’m not really sure how I feel about that to be honest. This one somewhat surprised me…not a good surprise or a bad surprise…just a surprise. I wasn’t expecting buttermilk. As it cools there is more of a vegetal and floral taste to it. The aftertaste is of powerful flowers.

My rating may change but for now this is one of the most ‘odd’ tasting oolongs I have had…thus far. Don’t take ‘odd’ as a bad thing…it’s just different…

Geoffrey Norman

I had this a couple of years ago. It’s technically a Milk (or Silk?) Oolong. So that could be why it had the buttermilk aspect.

TeaEqualsBliss

I was reading that…it’s was a bit weirder than the usual milk oolong, ya know!? LOL

An unusual oolong that reminded me of buttered popcorn in taste and especially in smell (in a good way). It has a creamy flavor to it – a pleasant departure from the expected. I rated it a 75 in that I enjoyed it but I don’t know anything about its quality or origin. I might update my rating after I learn more. I recommend this tea to adventurous palates but not those expecting a traditional oolong flavor.

Flavors: Butter, Popcorn