Irish Cream

Edit tea info Last updated by AJ
Boiling 3 min, 15 sec 10 oz / 295 ml

From Tea Desire

Ingredients: Black tea, chocolate drops, cocoa kernels, flavour

About Tea Desire View company

This smells amazing! Glad the bags are sealed well. Irish creamy goodness. Saw very few chocolate drops, which was fine by me.

Steeped, it’s less appealing. There’s a hint of astringency, and bitterness. Truvia perks it up a bit and helps with the bitterness but not the astringency. I’m getting faint irish cream here, and more so when it was piping hot. Need to fiddle I think, perhaps with less of a steep and slightly lower temperature.

Dear god does this smell delicious. It’s a heavy sweet creamy smell, with a dominant but not overpowering chocolate scent as well.

The initial taste is black tea, but the chocolate cream sweetness rushes in soon after, and lingers strongly in the after-taste. The taste is deep, and I think worthy of the ‘Irish’ in the name. I can see this going well with alcohol, actually, which is weird coming from a teetotaller like me.

This would be equally delicious with milk, I think. But testing that would require trekking all the way back upstairs to get some, and I’m lazy.

The tea base is strong and only faintly bitter. I’m sure the added flavours would be stronger with a loner steep time (the package said 3-5 minutes, I did 3 1/4). The flavours seem to have faded in later sips. They’re still there, though. I should try five minutes for my next attempt. I was originally going to go with five minutes, but changed my mind at the last moment.

It seems to be getting a bit more bitter the more it cools. Not good for the added flavours.

Also, it took a bit of will-power, but I kept myself from picking out the chocolate bits and eating them.

Cofftea

There’s chocolate in this? Don’t get me wrong, I Iove chocolate, but I think the name should reflect all ingredients. This gives me the impression it’s just a straight Irish Cream flavored tea. I’m kinda tempted to order 52teas’ version.

AJ

I had originally planned to buy 52Teas’ version, but I was in the shop and saw this one; it was a purchase of opportunity.

I hadn’t actually realized it had chocolate in it until she started scooping it into the bag. However, it has more of a heavy thick cream taste than a chocolate taste. It’s more of just after-taste of cocoa. I think the chocolate drops themselves added are more for show. To tempt tea drinkers into picking them out and eating them.

Sip down over here. I’m enjoying the last of it iced. Didn’t think it would work that well as an iced tea but it has proved me wrong. It’s like a creamy sweet, mildly chocolatey iced black without any actual cream. Totally get why I’ve gone through 150g of this.

Nice, smooth taste with sweet undertones. Not much else to say right now because I’m in the middle of a flood of assignments and midterms. :P

(Sorry everyone, I’d accidentally logged this under Davidstea instead of Tea Desire)

Meh
I’m just logging this so that I remember drinking it

Nothing is really standing out while it’s hot. Just another flavoured black tea.

Thanks to MissB for sending some along!

I think I’m definitely moving in the opposite direction of a lot of these teas.

In the bag this smelled faintly creamy; there were some chocolate chips mixed in amongst the black tea and I was salivating over the prospect of a rich, creamy-sweet breakfast tea.

Instead, this tastes like bananas. I wish that I could pick up the chocolate or the cream, but instead I’m simply getting a banana front flavour with black tea behind; as someone who loathes bananas, this obviously isn’t the tea for me.

Down the sink it goes, I’m afraid.

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 10 OZ / 295 ML
Dustin

How strange! Ireland is the last place I think of when I think bananas!

Pyroxy