Tiger Town

Fruit Green Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

• “Thanks again to *Lynne-tea* for a delicious tea sample :D I was most interested in this tea because it contained dragonwell (and I adore dragonwell), but now that I'm a bit more knowledgeable, I...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2606 tasting notes
  • “I almost forgot that I'd tried this in store today since it was their tea of the day! ...Actually, it probably says a lot about what I thought of the tea that I forgot I'd even had it. The...” Read full tasting note
    roswellstrange 2279 tasting notes
  • “I picked this tea up from Tea Desire as the price was right (50g for 5 bucks), and because it smelled like amazing red berry candy tea of sorts (almost like red gummy bears). Dry: the picture...” Read full tasting note
    lynne-tea 243 tasting notes
  • “Dry, this really does smell like strawberry candy. It's the only palpable fruity note in the tea. Steeped, I find that the aroma stays the same, and the main note I can taste is the strawberry....” Read full tasting note
    fjellrev 932 tasting notes

From Tea Desire

Ingredients: Green tea, Lung Ching, sunflower blossoms, rose blossoms, strawberry slices, raspberry bits, flavour.

About Tea Desire View company

Thanks again to Lynne-tea for a delicious tea sample :D

I was most interested in this tea because it contained dragonwell (and I adore dragonwell), but now that I’m a bit more knowledgeable, I know that the flavours of dragonwell really don’t lend themselves to flavourings. However, this tea works quite well. It’s basically coming off as a strawberry-flavoured green, which is quite pleasant (although…. tiger town???) There’s a hint of green tea flavour lingering in the aftertaste, but the base really isn’t very prominent. Overall pretty tasty, but not something I’d purchase myself.

I almost forgot that I’d tried this in store today since it was their tea of the day! …Actually, it probably says a lot about what I thought of the tea that I forgot I’d even had it.

The liquor was a sort of medium orange colour with yellow hues and, when I tried it I had no information about what was in it other than the sales lady told me it was a flavoured green tea. I can’t say the name of the tea really did anything to educate me about what flavours I might experience.

Upon drinking, I was hit with a really vegetal taste next to something overwhelmingly fruity. So, basically high vegetal taste and high fruit taste (but the flavour wasn’t distinct enough to tip me off on which fruits I was tasting). There was also some unpleasant astringency. I wasn’t really a fan, and I think the sales lady could tell because she really didn’t suggest any green teas for me after that (even though I did end up buying a green tea it was one I had inquired about, not one she suggested).

I just looked up the tea on Tea Desire’s website, and I guess the fruit I was tasting was strawberry and raspberry. I’m not really a fan of green tea in general, but I’m learning to love flavoured green teas (or at least tolerate them). I’ve had strawberry green teas I’ve been much more happy with, though. There’s also sunflower blossoms in the mix, and thinking back now I guess I can see that. Still, not really my cup.

Dry: the picture really doesn’t look anything like the tea I received. I did not have one strawberry bit or any other berry bit in my tea leaves. There was a few rose petals. I would definitely have liked to see more strawberry pieces.

Liquor: Medium amber/yellow. Smell has diminished considerably…. Taste is slightly tangy, no real bitterness. Almost a cranberry taste to it, which is odd. Not the most berry bursting tea I have drank, which makes me sad because it smelled so berry-licious dry. Very very slightly astringent, and the lingering taste after drinking this tea is strawberry (Finally! Strawberry!)

Overall, this tea is slightly bland at first, but becomes slightly more complex if you appreciate the lingering tastes associated with each sip. To boost up the berry flavour of this tea on occasion, I will try mixing with a tisane I picked up on my travels to Jasper called Bear Berry, which I bought from Tea Boutique. I will report back on that mixture in the summer.

Dry, this really does smell like strawberry candy. It’s the only palpable fruity note in the tea.

Steeped, I find that the aroma stays the same, and the main note I can taste is the strawberry. The raspberry is barely there. It’s a bright blend that evokes an image of bright red. I haven’t tried this iced, although I’d imagine it would taste pretty good. Hot, it’s great if you’d like a green tea with a hint of tangy berries.

Overall, I can see why this is a popular green tea blend at Tea Desire, but I just don’t find it enticing enough to reach for my pouch and brew this on a regular or semi-regular basis.