Black Pearls

Edit tea info Last updated by AJ

• “I am doing a gongfu brew with this tea and it is blowing my socks off! I was not expecting it to be so complex, but my word! I'm onto my 6th steep, and previous steeps revealed a sweet coco malt...” Read full tasting note
    lynne-tea 235 tasting notes
  • “The photo taken is mine, as this tea is also not on their website. I brewed this in the glass teapot to watch the leaves unfurl ("agony of the leaves"). I had it sitting on the windowsill so the...” Read full tasting note
    supermoon10 373 tasting notes

From Tea Desire

Black handrolled tea from the plantation Hunan. The fine selected leave buds guarantee a mild taste.

About Tea Desire View company

I am doing a gongfu brew with this tea and it is blowing my socks off!
I was not expecting it to be so complex, but my word! I’m onto my 6th steep, and previous steeps revealed a sweet coco malt flavour… it’s now transformed into a creamy maltiness that is so pleasing to me. Nicely rich, though the body is still mellow. Highly enjoying this tea right now!
All other black teas tend to take on a savoury flavour to me, even if they are supposed to be sweet and chocolatey (not complaining.. I highly enjoy that..) But now, I have finally found one my taste buddies think is coco and I am so excited about that!

Boiling

The photo taken is mine, as this tea is also not on their website.

I brewed this in the glass teapot to watch the leaves unfurl (“agony of the leaves”). I had it sitting on the windowsill so the natural light would filter through the tea. I should film it next time.

This is a dry, strong, spicy tea. The smell is strongly of honey, and there is definitely honey in the taste as well. This is a morning tea. The taste of honey is surprisingly strong. The taste is sort of like a very deep Yunnan. This province is farther east than Yunnan. But there are parallels.

The taste is smoothing out as I sip.