Raspberry

Fruit Oolong Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

• “So, *VariaTEA's* tasting note on Apple Strudel Pistachio really put me in the mood for pastry, except I've had lots of rooibos today so I wanted something with a different tea base (otherwise I...” Read full tasting note
    roswellstrange 1945 tasting notes
  • “I love the smell of this tea, it's raspberry but more of a confectionary flavoured with raspberries than the fruit itself. That sounds like it should come across as being artifical but it doesn't...” Read full tasting note
    JillDragon 1604 tasting notes
  • “I had previously tried this as a hot tea. Big mistake. The flavouring added comes across as artificial, and because the oolong base is not very good quality... it ends up being a poor cup of tea....” Read full tasting note
    lynne-tea 235 tasting notes
  • “Woops! Too many leaves for my little 12oz Libre, so the first steep smelled delicious but it tasted like GRASS!! The second and third steep's are much better and far more palpable, although the...” Read full tasting note
    erinn 232 tasting notes

From Tea Desire

Good quality China Oolong with raspberry bits and flavour. Taste: creamy raspberry.

About Tea Desire View company

1945 tasting notes

So, VariaTEA’s tasting note on Apple Strudel Pistachio really put me in the mood for pastry, except I’ve had lots of rooibos today so I wanted something with a different tea base (otherwise I would have just brewed up the same thing) – and this was the first thing I saw which fit that criteria.

Of course, right after that she posted a note for Pineapple Angel Food Cake Shou Mei which I also gave her, and still have some of which I hadn’t tried. That would have fit nicely too, except I’d already started making my cups already.

Anyway, this is still wonderful! My delicious buttery, flakey raspberry pastry tea! I know RiverTea has an equivalent to this too, so when I inevitably put in my next RiverTea order I’m gonna try to remember to get a sample for comparison’s sake.

Also, I spilled half the mug of this over my laptop – but thankfully I reacted quickly and everything seems to be fine and in working order. Thank God.

Fjellrev

You make this sound so damn appealing! I kept brushing past it in the store because I thought the raspberry would be artificial, kind of like how it is in Tender Orchid.

Roswell Strange

It tastes artificial if you over steep/use boiling water, but low steep temp./time and it’s AMAZING.

Fjellrev

Nice! I’ll give it a shot next time I visit a store.

Courtney

RiverTea has been popping up recently a fair bit. I’ll have to check them out.

Roswell Strange

Probably because they just launched. Their teas are delicious though! From the ones I’ve been fortunate enough to try, anyway.

I love the smell of this tea, it’s raspberry but more of a confectionary flavoured with raspberries than the fruit itself. That sounds like it should come across as being artifical but it doesn’t for some reason – at least to me. The green oolong gave the blend a nice, sweet base that complimented the fruit flavour nicely. The tea is very smooth with a creamy vanilla note that together with the raspberry makes me think of raspberry truffles or something. Very yummy.

I had previously tried this as a hot tea.
Big mistake. The flavouring added comes across as artificial, and because the oolong base is not very good quality… it ends up being a poor cup of tea.
However – I decided since I have 50g of this to play with.. hopefully I can find some way to like it! And I did!
I sun-steeped 6 tsp in 4 cups of water. After a day of this, I popped it in the fridge… though first having a few sample sips. YUCK. It didn’t really have any raspberry flavour and a really weird oolong taste. So I decided I would just stick it in the fridge and maybe remember it later.
two weeks later… oh hey. Look what I found. Raspberry oolong! takes a sip Delicious! This is great! Slightly creamy with a fresh raspberry taste. What happened to the artificial flavour?… it’s disappeared! Now it is all fresh raspberry with a creamy oolong refreshing aspect. Overall a very refreshing iced tea. It just takes a LONG time to taste good.
That being said… maybe I should start my next batch as it appears it takes a long time to taste good and the sun is supposed to be making appearances for the next week! YAyyy!

The reason I am keeping the rating lower is due to the time it takes to make a good iced tea version (obviously a day to two days steep does not cut it).. and because it tastes very artificial when hot.

Iced
Angrboda

How strange. Weird chameleon tea. Good thing you didn’t give up after finding the first taste unpleasant. I probably would have. :)

Lynne-tea

Haha I know it is very strange. I just felt bad pouring it out so I chucked it in the fridge. I was sad for about 2 weeks thinking I had bought some shady bad oolong. Which it is.. but at least it tastes goodish using this odd method!

The second and third steep’s are much better and far more palpable, although the third steep has no raspberry scent and the leaves are taking up almost 2/3’s of the glass – next time LESS LEAVES silly me!

200 °F / 93 °C
aisling of tea

Oh man this one sounds good. <3 raspberry…I might have to give it a go.

Roswell Strange sent this one my way and i opted to try it with dinner. this is a rather pleasant raspberry tea, and i’ll even forgive that it’s an oolong :) I think this would be really nice in summer as a cold brew given the way that the rasberry flavour seems to be coming out in this one. I had a plesant time with this one, reading on the balcony in the sun :)

VariaTEA

Cold brewed, Roswell Strange and I both got coffee flavor from this which is quite strange.

Roswell Strange

You’re thinking of a different Raspberry blend, VariaTEA. The Raspberry tea with a white base and wool flowers from Cuppa’T was definitely the one with strong coffee notes – this one is buttery and pastry like.

VariaTEA

My bad. Nevermind :P

haha

All time FAVORITE TEA!

Holy Hannah, this tea is fantastic hot.
The raspberry is everywhere. In the smell, taste and sight. In every scoop of this tea you can see the raspberry bits.
It’s a really nice Oolong base, and the raspberry tastes like you just picked it off the branch. Naturally sweet, it doesn’t require any sweetener.