Goji Jasmine Blossoms

Fruit Oolong Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

• “I have been painfully absent from Steepster lately, and really miss everyone/need to catch up on tasting notes! Yet I am so busy. :( On the plus side, had a date on Friday night and it went well (I...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2245 tasting notes
  • “(Back log) I am not sure how I feel about this Oolong, all I could taste and smell on the first and sadly only steep (One should never make an oolong before bed); all I could taste was the...” Read full tasting note
    erinn 232 tasting notes

From Tea Desire

Ingredients: Oolong tea, goji berries, flavour, jasmine blossoms.

About Tea Desire View company

I have been painfully absent from Steepster lately, and really miss everyone/need to catch up on tasting notes! Yet I am so busy. :( On the plus side, had a date on Friday night and it went well (I think)! :P

Anyways, time to launch into my samples from Lynne-tea! I’m so sorry it took so long for me to get to them – things just kept arriving, and since I took the envelopes on vacation, they ended up at the bottom of the tea stash I took with me and have yet to unpack. Good lord I have a lot of tea O.o This is the first one up tonight/this morning! I’m in an oolong mood, and jasmine seemed appropriate as well, so I went for it!

I can’t really tell what the dry tea smells like – the exterior of the baggie has been contaminated with other smells, so it’s kind of flavoured-tea-ish. The tea, however, once brewed smells like a toasty sort of jasmine. I know there are goji berries in there, but I’m not really getting any aroma from them.

I must say, this is definitely an interesting take on a jasmine tea, as the darker oolong lends some really interesting toasty notes that mix with the jasmine flavour, grounding it a bit moreso than with a lighter green/white tea which I’m more accustomed to tasting jasmine in. (Are there jasmine blacks??) Actually, what it reminds me most of is the jasmine tea that is served at my favourite Chinese restaurant, when the tea has been sitting and oversteeping for a while. Although this brew is only verging on being oversteeped. As well, I can taste just a hint of sour-fruity goji berry, but it’s not a prominent flavour.

Though interesting, I don’t think this is a tea I’d purchase for myself. I rarely select jasmine teas to drink, and I found that the pairing of white tea and jasmine is what really works for me, so I’d probably choose that if given the choice! The inclusion of goji berries here, though interesting, didn’t have enough impact for me. Anyhow, thanks for the sample, lynne-tea!

ashmanra

I have a jasmine black. I try to drink it periodically to see if my tastes have changed. No luck so far! It is a super soapy perfume-y one!

Lynne-tea

Aww strike out! It is apparent that I need to work on my packaging skills for the flavour contamination.

Kittenna

Lynne-tea – no, your packaging skills were fine!! The tea was not contaminated; just the baggie had some additional smells, which precluded me from getting a proper whiff of the dry tea (I could have removed some from the bag, but too lazy). It seems to happen pretty frequently. Also, I have had it sitting next to other teas myself for a couple weeks. Definitely not a problem with how you packaged things!!

Lynne-tea

Awh phew! Thank you for letting me know that =)

(Back log)

I am not sure how I feel about this Oolong, all I could taste and smell on the first and sadly only steep (One should never make an oolong before bed); all I could taste was the wonderful jasmin.

Eventually I will be able to steep my tea longer and start tasting those lovely goji berries. I can see them, there is an equal amount of oolong to goji in the loose leaf, so… where is that wonderful tart fruit taste? hummmmm