Walnut Truffle

Black Fruit Blend
Chocolate, Nuts
Edit tea info Last updated by Fjellrev

• “Another one from the swedish chef! I need to get through some of these sipdowns so that i can try and get back to working on my older teas :) This isn't a bad nutty tea. What i like is that this...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 4026 tasting notes
  • “Funny how years ago, this used to be one of my favourite teas. I swear it tasted nuttier and just overall more flavourful than now? Right now, with half and half, it's really reminding me of a...” Read full tasting note
    fjellrev 757 tasting notes
  • “Recently, I bought 50g of this which I'm splitting 50/50 with *VariaTEA* - I hadn't tried it before, but she said I'd like it so I took the plunge since it was pretty affordable, and I'm not going...” Read full tasting note
    roswellstrange 1172 tasting notes
  • “Sipdown!! (173) Thank you *Fjellrev* for introducing me to this tasty, tasty tea. I don't mind saying goodbye because I know it will be shortlived. My awesome tea triplet has 25 g waiting for me...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 1338 tasting notes

From Tea Desire

Ingredients: Black tea, walnuts, apple pieces, almonds, santal, rose flower blossoms, flavour.

About Tea Desire View company

Another one from the swedish chef! I need to get through some of these sipdowns so that i can try and get back to working on my older teas :) This isn’t a bad nutty tea. What i like is that this is NOT almond…not that i have issues with almonds but i find a lot of nutty teas seem to take on a generic almondy sort of taste. There is a nutty bitterness to this tea, which i rather like. It’s not a sweet tea and that suits me just fine. Adding a little milk to this made it even more truffle like which is nice, since i honestly don’t really get any chocolate feelings from this one. still enjoyable though!

Funny how years ago, this used to be one of my favourite teas. I swear it tasted nuttier and just overall more flavourful than now? Right now, with half and half, it’s really reminding me of a better version of Florence. It tastes like a nut cluster thing. I don’t even know if this has chocolate flavouring in it, but I swear it’s like nut chocolate. Whatever it is, it’s better than Florence’s chocolate note.

Maybe I’ll lower the rating a bit. Just a touch. I mean, it’s still good for a nutty chocolate black tea, in my opinion, but just not as good as I had remembered.

I just came home expecting to Skype with my mom since my uncle was supposed to take her apartment shopping today but I just got a text that she’s been in the hospital since 2pm because her eye is going haywire and they can’t figure out why. Scary considering she is scheduled for surgery starting on her other eye in a few days.

’Spose I better go get more marking out of the way then.

TheTeaFairy

Oh my, hope your mom will be ok, sending good vibes your way…

Courtney

Florence seems to haunt you. :P

TeaBrat

hope your Mom is ok!

Fjellrev

Thanks, all!

Recently, I bought 50g of this which I’m splitting 50/50 with VariaTEA – I hadn’t tried it before, but she said I’d like it so I took the plunge since it was pretty affordable, and I’m not going to be stuck with a ton if I don’t.

At Tea Desire, in store, when you smell the teas they use this elaborate fan set up to waft the smell towards you (instead of smelling directly like you can at a DAVIDsTEA) – because of this, the scents usually aren’t so strong – so when I get an overwhelming smell of one of the teas, that’s typically a good indicator for me. This was one of those blends that just smelled intensely good; pure walnuts! And you’d hope so, right? The dry leaf is LITTERED with giant, whole walnut halves.

Now that it’s steeped up; it smells really nice – definitely walnut, maybe kind of “maple” like, and with aspects of something chocolatey. Even though none of those things are inherently related to it, I’m kind of reminded of Christmas. Hmmm…

Now that I’m drinking it; it is really good! VariaTEA knows my tastes so well; this really does perfectly capture the flavour of walnuts. Though is there really no chocolate in this? It’s not in the ingredients list, but man is it in the flavour. How peculiar. It almost reminds me of Tea Desire’s Oreo Cookie – but I think this is better. Also, echoing my ingredient confusion; there’s apple in this!? Totally doesn’t come through in the taste. Oh well; the walnut shines marvelously, and that’s really all that matters, right?

This is much better than the Walnut Orange I have from Tea Desire (which is what I was hoping); that blends captures the flavour of Walnut brilliantly too, but the orange completely and utterly detracts from it.

And now, I think I’m going to have a Vince Vaughn “Mini Marathon” and watch The Internship and Delivery Man – I’ve been dying to see them both for ages now.

Flavors: Chocolate, Nuts

VariaTEA

YAY!! I am glad you liked it. It is pretty tasty and I definitely got chocolate as well.

Sipdown!! (173)

Thank you Fjellrev for introducing me to this tasty, tasty tea. I don’t mind saying goodbye because I know it will be shortlived. My awesome tea triplet has 25 g waiting for me :) Sipping on it now, it is a bit weaker than I remember but still good. The black base is a little more prominent while the truffle flavor is a touch muted, though I think that was due to a bit of an oversteep on my part.

Roswell Strange

Did your sample have giant mother fucking walnut hunks in it? When I bought the 50g there was massive, whole walnuts in the mix. I made sure your 25g got a few of ’em.

VariaTEA

Well it did have walnut pieces but I don’t recall any being particularly huge.