Walnut Truffle

Black Fruit Blend
Chocolate, Nuts, Dark Chocolate, Maple, Walnut
Edit tea info Last updated by Fjellrev

• “Another one from the swedish chef! I need to get through some of these sipdowns so that i can try and get back to working on my older teas :) This isn't a bad nutty tea. What i like is that this...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 5357 tasting notes
  • “Funny how years ago, this used to be one of my favourite teas. I swear it tasted nuttier and just overall more flavourful than now? Right now, with half and half, it's really reminding me of a...” Read full tasting note
    fjellrev 917 tasting notes
  • “Sipdown (182/188)! So I just got up from a _fifteen hour_ sleep. Sometimes I think I have a small "sleep problem" because I don't think normal people are supposed to sleep that long. But then, I...” Read full tasting note
    roswellstrange 2260 tasting notes
  • “Sipdown!! (173) Thank you *Fjellrev* for introducing me to this tasty, tasty tea. I don't mind saying goodbye because I know it will be shortlived. My awesome tea triplet has 25 g waiting for me...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 2066 tasting notes

From Tea Desire

Ingredients: Black tea, walnuts, apple pieces, almonds, santal, rose flower blossoms, flavour.

About Tea Desire View company

Another one from the swedish chef! I need to get through some of these sipdowns so that i can try and get back to working on my older teas :) This isn’t a bad nutty tea. What i like is that this is NOT almond…not that i have issues with almonds but i find a lot of nutty teas seem to take on a generic almondy sort of taste. There is a nutty bitterness to this tea, which i rather like. It’s not a sweet tea and that suits me just fine. Adding a little milk to this made it even more truffle like which is nice, since i honestly don’t really get any chocolate feelings from this one. still enjoyable though!

Funny how years ago, this used to be one of my favourite teas. I swear it tasted nuttier and just overall more flavourful than now? Right now, with half and half, it’s really reminding me of a better version of Florence. It tastes like a nut cluster thing. I don’t even know if this has chocolate flavouring in it, but I swear it’s like nut chocolate. Whatever it is, it’s better than Florence’s chocolate note.

Maybe I’ll lower the rating a bit. Just a touch. I mean, it’s still good for a nutty chocolate black tea, in my opinion, but just not as good as I had remembered.

I just came home expecting to Skype with my mom since my uncle was supposed to take her apartment shopping today but I just got a text that she’s been in the hospital since 2pm because her eye is going haywire and they can’t figure out why. Scary considering she is scheduled for surgery starting on her other eye in a few days.

’Spose I better go get more marking out of the way then.

TheTeaFairy

Oh my, hope your mom will be ok, sending good vibes your way…

Courtney

Florence seems to haunt you. :P

TeaBrat

hope your Mom is ok!

Fjellrev

Thanks, all!

Sipdown (182/188)!

So I just got up from a fifteen hour sleep. Sometimes I think I have a small “sleep problem” because I don’t think normal people are supposed to sleep that long. But then, I realized the bigger problem is the tea problem because I woke up looked at the clock and immediately thought “Fuck, that means I’ve missed out on a few hours worth of tea drinking!”.

Anyway, this is backlog from yesterday. I cold brewed it as per VariaTEA’s idea and that was enough to finish it off. I’m very happy to report to you VariaTEA that the cold brew for this? Phenomenal. In fact I was especially worried because I had forgotten it was cold brewing so this cold brewed in the fridge for about 28 hours. Yeesh!

But no, this was the most intense and flavourful maple walnut flavour with just a touch of chocolate! It was as rich as I can possibly imagine it could have been, and it was insanely thirst quenching too. It really almost makes me want to go buy 50g more just for cold brewing; and maybe I will someday but I definitely wont be right now because I also got VariaTEA’s package for me today which pushed my cupboard up by 22 more blends! Yikes!

They all look awesome though, and I’ve worked a few into the rotation for today. I’m sheepishly admitting too that while I love you essentially sent me the Adagio Firefly sampler I haven’t actually watched Firefly, so I feel guilty considering drinking the teas when I have no point of reference for how they match the characters…

EDIT: Oh, I bumped the rating on this up because of how awesome the cold brew version is.

Flavors: Maple, Walnut

VariaTEA

Yay!!! I am glad the cold brew was tasty. I had a feeling it would be good.

VariaTEA

And I thought you had seen firefly. No worries though. Now you will just have to drink the teas as you watch the show so you can see how you feel about them.

Roswell Strange

I’m gonna try watching the first episode once I’m done making my (very late) supper. But yeah, I thought that since I haven’t seen it there could be some fun in drinking the teas as I get to know the characters. I think I’m going to be prejudiced towards Zoe though; I took one whiff of her early today and couldn’t stop scowling (except for when I was sneezing) – way too much ginger. Funnily, I thought Inara smelled awesome. That’s probably what I’ll try first.

Cavocorax

Heh. I bet Inara DOES smell awesome! :O
Time for a Firefly re-watch!

Roswell Strange

Watched the first episode last night and loved it. So far I’m loving Inara, Mal, Simon, Kaylee, and Jayne (mostly because the actor plays my favourite character on Chuck). I want to love Wash because I love the actor, but so far he kinds bores me. Same with Zoe. Haven’t seen enough of River – and just based on the first episode I’m not liking Book.

VariaTEA

Yay for firefly! And I love wash though I think Alan tudyk has a lot to do with that.

2066 tasting notes

Sipdown!! (173)

Thank you Fjellrev for introducing me to this tasty, tasty tea. I don’t mind saying goodbye because I know it will be shortlived. My awesome tea triplet has 25 g waiting for me :) Sipping on it now, it is a bit weaker than I remember but still good. The black base is a little more prominent while the truffle flavor is a touch muted, though I think that was due to a bit of an oversteep on my part.

Roswell Strange

Did your sample have giant mother fucking walnut hunks in it? When I bought the 50g there was massive, whole walnuts in the mix. I made sure your 25g got a few of ’em.

VariaTEA

Well it did have walnut pieces but I don’t recall any being particularly huge.