Dowager Countess Grey

Edit tea info Last updated by TeaEqualsBliss
Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 11 oz / 325 ml

From Tea for All Reasons

For all of you Downton Abbey and Earl Grey fans, this is a must! I’ve created this new blend in honor of the irrepressible Dowager Countess. You are aware of a strong presence whenever she enters a room, impeccably dressed, with rows and rows of creamy white pearls. She makes no apologies for her strong sense of tradition, and underneath her sharp, dry wit, there is a sweetness that she tries to keep well hidden. Much like the Dowager, our new Earl Grey blend is “steeped” in tradition, has a strong, tart Pomegranate presence, with an underlying sweetness, and is dressed up with creamy white pearl dragees. Enjoy!

About Tea for All Reasons View company

This is another tea from Tea For All Reasons – their Downton Abby Collection. I’m really enjoying these! Now I must start watching the series!

This has that bergamot in an earl grey but not the fragrance of an EG or the stereotypical PUNCH. It has a bit of juicy ‘pom’. The product description says TART – I wouldn’t call it “TART” per say but a neat offering of flavor. I usually only describe teas with hibiscus in them as TART and this doesn’t have it in it – thank GOODNESS!

There are floral notes – but more sweet than bitter or perfumy type florals. There is also a wonderful creaminess in this that is surprising AND much appreciated.

This is a very nice flavor combo – ratios AWESOMELY done – and I give it two thumbs up!

Nxtdoor

Downton abbey is great. I just started watching myself but there are only 3 seasons so far and only about 8-9 episodes per season so you can burn through pretty quickly. I only started last week and am almost finishing season 2. The first 2 episodes were boring but I told myself to suffer through since I knew it was a good show and just had to give it time.

TeaEqualsBliss

Good to know! Thanks!!!

I admit, I like fu fu teas. This one has little pearls and pretty pink and blue flower petals in it. To some people that stuff doesn’t matter, but to me it gives me a pleasant visual sensory experience to go along with the great smell and taste of the tea. Girly? Maybe, but what’s wrong with that?

So I put the tea in my infuser and enjoyed looking at the “pretties” – but then after I infused it and it was in my cup, I started noticing that it looked all glittery too, and I didn’t notice that in the leaf. It was pretty mesmerizing. Might have just been the natural oils from the tea, I don’t know, but I liked it.

On to the tea. I like a strong black tea, and this was strong and black and a bit astringent on the finish. Not as strong on bergamot as some other EGs I have tried, and maybe that’s the pomegranate that is tempering it. I LIKE strong bergamot, so while this is a fine tea and I will finish it, I don’t think it will be on my reorder list. I might put some in a tea swap as well since I ordered a tin of it instead of a smaller size. But, there is certainly nothing wrong with it.

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 11 OZ / 325 ML
DeliriumsFrogs

Whenever I’ve come across a ‘fu fu tea’, I’ve liked them as well! (and, I’m not really a girly girl…). The one I remember even did that glittery thing you’re talking about, and I was entranced by it. I didn’t know tea could be sparkly. :)