Ginger Lemongrass

Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma
Boiling 5 min, 15 sec 13 oz / 375 ml

2 Images

From Tea Forte

A soothing, multi-layered blend radiating with sunny citrus notes enlivened with the tingle of ginger. A fruity, bright cup with a sweet lingering aftertaste.

Ingredients: organic ginger root, organic lemongrass, organic licorice root, organic lemon peel, organic spearmint leaves

Steeping Guidelines: 5 minutes at 208 degrees

Certifications: Kosher Certified, USDA Organic

Caffeine: Naturally caffeine-free

About Tea Forte View company

Thanks, Lala, for the TeaForte surprise! I don’t think this is as bad as the other reviewers do. I was initially wary of the lemongrass because while I love the scent and taste of it, when it comes to food, it instantly reminds me of thai food. So, whenever a tea tastes heavily of lemongrass, I feel like I’m drinking curry. But I didn’t get any lemongrass from this whatsoever, not even an iota, in either the flavour or scent.

What I do get, however, is mostly licorice root and ginger. As it cools, the ginger calms down and the spearmint comes out. I would have liked to have experienced more spearmint, otherwise, it’s an easy blend to drink. Doesn’t startle my tastebuds in any way at all.

Wow, this is some seriously potent stuff!

I got a tin of this ginger/lemongrass blend to replace the one I finished off yesterday. This is very strong, lots of ginger and licorice and lemon flavor. I think you could use this to strip paint off your walls. I’m not necessarily thinking I will drink this for sheer enjoyment but it will be a good thing to have around in the winter to warm up and for immune boosting benefits. I think this would have been better without the licorice and more lemongrass in the blend. I can barely taste the spearmint here but the overall effect is… medicinal, unfortuanately

Kittenna

Boo. Ginger Lemongrass sounds pretty appealing, but I hate that “medicinal” flavour. I’d probably be hoping that this tea was a literal mix of the two named ingredients (which, I feel, would taste pretty tasty, maybe a bit thai-ish.)

TeaBrat

Yeah me too, I didn’t realize the other ingredients would ruin it!

Had this again last night. I’m becoming less unfond of it. I still thing the ginger is overbearing.

I actually don’t like ginger teas, but I enjoyed this! My mother is a ginger AND lemongrass fan, and she absolutely adores this tea. Great stuff.

I poured the single steep packet into my infusing basket and it looked to be mostly lemongrass with some bits of ginger and lemon peel thrown in. They smelled a lot like ginger. I can smell lemon too, ginger is definitely dominant though.

I steeped for five minutes in boiling water, result was a cloudy yellowish-green liquor. It smells like lemon.

The ginger is very overwhelming in this. Its really all I can taste. Okay, I can taste the lemongrass and licorice root a little but the ginger is really drowning everything out. Bummer, dude.

Surprising combo—I haven’t tried a ginger tea before. I enjoyed it but would not repurchase as the peppery aspect to the ginger makes this a tea where one cup will due ya. I’d prefer a tea that I can sip all afternoon in the office.